PDA

View Full Version : PSP Flash Player...

Mr. Shizzy
October 15th, 2006, 08:45
I just found out the other day, that you can load up just about any flash game on your PC, and then "save page as" "webpage complete". Then go into the folder on your desktop (or wherever) and cut & paste the .swf file in your PSP ms. Then (in 2.71 firmware) open your PSP internet browser. In adress entry, type in the file path of the .swf. The PSP will load and play many of them. :D My only question is, is the 2.71 flash player really that laggy, or is it a bug in DevHook 0.46? Thanks in advance for the info. :)

Here's a pic of a cool flash game, where you use the analog stick to balance some dude's beer. Good stuff. :D

Kramer
October 15th, 2006, 08:52
hmm It could be devhook il try some flash on 2.71 SE just wait.

EDIT: yep it still lags like a bitch so it's not devhook.

b8a
October 15th, 2006, 09:21
If anything, the Devhook version should be better (except for the lag of accessing the Flash memory files from the memory stick). Even though the PSP Flash Player is a full version, it IS three revisions old (Adobe is currently distributing Flash Player 9), and has some pretty tight memory restrictions on it, so you need to keep in mind that there is going to be Flash content that will play just fine on your PC that won't play well at all on your PSP.

Mr. Shizzy
October 15th, 2006, 09:45
Cool. Thanks for the info guys. :) Is there any sites you know of that has flash games formatted for best use on the PSP?

Axelius
October 15th, 2006, 11:05
I don't want to make too much advertisment, but on http://www.newgrounds.com/ they have really cool flash stuff. They have even an extra psp section...

Mr. Shizzy
October 16th, 2006, 18:19
Ok. Just found out the PSP uses Flash 6. And it can't handle a .swf larger than 1.5 mb. Also, it should be noted, that the best this thing can do by default (222) is 18-24 fps. If your using DevHooked Firmware, over clock it to 333 for a speed boost. (If your gonna go online, then you'll need to apply the 333wifi fix first.) Hope this helps narrow your search for compatible .swf files. :D