PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone made a Halo port to the DS?

TeenDev
October 15th, 2006, 23:43
If anybody knows of any Halo ports to the DS please give me links. If you know if someone's making one give me a link to their blog or website about their production and progress.

lexluthor
October 16th, 2006, 00:03
...obvioulsly not.. Im still waiting for the Half Life 2 port.

Mourningstar
October 16th, 2006, 00:31
I dont see why the 2D PC Halo hasnt been ported to DS/PSP/DC/Etc.....it would make sense......

wolfpack
October 16th, 2006, 00:55
halo for ds... hmm... that would sound good but doesnt seem like no one is doing that now

cloud_952
October 16th, 2006, 02:15
I dont see why the 2D PC Halo hasnt been ported to DS/PSP/DC/Etc.....it would make sense......

Because, last I checked, that 2d Halo game was not open source. What's more, I think they used some game-making program, not straight-up coding language, meaning that a "port" wouldn't really work.

As for a Halo port.. I believe the author (should) mean "remake" or Halo-esque game. Halo is definitely NOT open-source and thus cannot be ported. I won't even go into the fact that it's a game that runs on PCs and Xbox, and definitely wouldn't work on the DS.

Mourningstar
October 16th, 2006, 02:28
Because, last I checked, that 2d Halo game was not open source. What's more, I think they used some game-making program, not straight-up coding language, meaning that a "port" wouldn't really work.

As for a Halo port.. I believe the author (should) mean "remake" or Halo-esque game. Halo is definitely NOT open-source and thus cannot be ported. I won't even go into the fact that it's a game that runs on PCs and Xbox, and definitely wouldn't work on the DS.
They could do it though, right? ;)

They should...it would get a lot more exposure...

Darksaviour69
October 16th, 2006, 09:49
They could do it though, right? ;)

They should...it would get a lot more exposure...

they would also get a C&D, they authers have refused to port it to other consoles because of this

TeenDev
October 16th, 2006, 23:39
uh that stinks

Mourningstar
October 17th, 2006, 00:10
they would also get a C&D, they authers have refused to port it to other consoles because of this
Oh...maybe...didnt some Halo PSP get shot down by MS?

Well I hope MS decides to make a Halo for PSP/DS then. :)

TeenDev
October 17th, 2006, 00:21
Yeah but PSP r stupid so they should make it for DS

kcajblue
October 17th, 2006, 00:24
it would still be kick ass to have a halo game on the DS.

TeenDev
October 17th, 2006, 00:26
ya its much better than Metroid Prime Hunters

PSPKOR
October 17th, 2006, 00:52
Oh...maybe...didnt some Halo PSP get shot down by MS?

Well I hope MS decides to make a Halo for PSP/DS then. :)

I think that was some one making the Halo maps for Iris on the PSP.

Cloudhunter
October 17th, 2006, 00:54
It can't be ported in the true sense of the word, plus it would probably be 2d, so not really good.

Cloudy

TeenDev
October 17th, 2006, 01:06
I think that was some one making the Halo maps for Iris on the PSP.

But PSP r stupid we're talking about DS here not the stupid PSP's

Cloudhunter
October 17th, 2006, 01:18
But PSP r stupid we're talking about DS here not the stupid PSP's
You really didn't get the point. The point is, 3d maps could perhaps be recreated. Stop spamming offtopic.

Anyhow, I hope that someone makes a good recreation (not port) even though I don't have a DS.

Leave your fanboy attitude at the door eh?

Cloudy

Mourningstar
October 17th, 2006, 02:07
it would still be kick ass to have a halo game on the DS.
I think MS is toying with the idea of putting Halo on DS....

My reasons for this is because MP:H proved FPS could be done with good graphics and controls also some of MSs games are going to be on DS like Rares games, MechAssault and Black & White Creatures....plus if they did it it could also help DS kick the shit out of PSP even more...thus hurting MS biggest rival Sony...

kcajblue
October 17th, 2006, 02:12
I think MS is toying with the idea of putting Halo on DS....they should make a Halo DS

plus if they did it it could also help DS kick the shit out of PSP even more...thus hurting MS biggest rival Sony...that would hurt the PSP so much its not even funny.

Junixx
October 17th, 2006, 03:40
Black & White Creatures....

Do you have any info on that? I haven't heard anything on it in like a year (or so it seems) but i havent looked it up much either...

A Halo DS would be awesome, but for now ill stick with MPH

chemical
October 17th, 2006, 15:18
Yeah Black and White seems to have dissapeared, didn't they have pics out and everything?, then it seemed to dissapear.

I didn't know it was a "microsoft" game?!, I didn't think Micro/Sony/Nintendo would mix ATALL, because they're all each others competition. But man if Microsoft/Nintendo could form a bound that would be AWESOME. Banjo Kazooie is my no.1 wanted game for DS, if Rare did it boy I would probably run into my street in tears of happiness.

Back on topic... I didn't have an Xbox so never played Halo much, but I obviously know that it must be great, and I'd love it on DS. The more games the merrier!

Mourningstar
October 17th, 2006, 17:00
Yeah Black and White seems to have dissapeared, didn't they have pics out and everything?, then it seemed to dissapear.

I didn't know it was a "microsoft" game?!, I didn't think Micro/Sony/Nintendo would mix ATALL, because they're all each others competition. But man if Microsoft/Nintendo could form a bound that would be AWESOME. Banjo Kazooie is my no.1 wanted game for DS, if Rare did it boy I would probably run into my street in tears of happiness.

Back on topic... I didn't have an Xbox so never played Halo much, but I obviously know that it must be great, and I'd love it on DS. The more games the merrier!
I havent heard anything new on B&W Creatures either...I was just pointing it out. ;)

MS owns Lionhead the developer that makes B&W...

CampaKaze
October 17th, 2006, 23:19
omg, i hope diddy kong racing DS isnt like that, i really really want it to come out

Junixx
October 18th, 2006, 03:44
MS owns Lionhead the developer that makes B&W...

But EA Games is just about on any console ;) eh but i guess they stopped development on it...and I THINK the release date was suppose to be Q1 of 2006...

abeisgreat
October 19th, 2006, 00:50
Theres a pc halo Where can i get it!!!

kcajblue
October 19th, 2006, 03:09
Google (http://www.google.com)

Junixx
October 19th, 2006, 03:59
Theres a pc halo Where can i get it!!!

At the store, of course. I think I've seen it at Wal-Mart...

kcajblue
October 19th, 2006, 04:04
yeah. or the store.
i completely forgot about the store.

abeisgreat
October 19th, 2006, 16:12
Is the game called Halo Zero. Or is that something else?

Mazza
October 20th, 2006, 13:06
Is the game called Halo Zero. Or is that something else?

I really hope you are joking.

It's just Halo: Combat Evolved for PC an old game.

Darksaviour69
October 20th, 2006, 13:18
there is a 2d homebrew game called halo zero
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_Zero

abeisgreat
October 20th, 2006, 17:01
Is Halo Zero A good game? Cause if it is then Ill get a copy:)

Mazza
October 20th, 2006, 19:52
It's free get it here http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/action/halozero/download.html?sid=6141109

abeisgreat
October 20th, 2006, 20:01
Ya I know its free but is it Good?

Mazza
October 20th, 2006, 21:39
dunno download and see it's only 21mb

abeisgreat
October 20th, 2006, 21:42
fine Ill just download it! ( Edit ) I just downloaded it about an hour ago and it is rather fun:) I f any one else has the game pm me so we can do some multi-player:)

kcajblue
October 20th, 2006, 23:48
please dont double post. and use the edit button

abeisgreat
October 20th, 2006, 23:59
I fixed it happy NOW!

Noobtaculus
February 14th, 2007, 20:04
Why port a perfect game like Halo to such garbage as the Nintendo "portable gaming system". It can barely run its own games good. Halo requires at least 733MHz of cpu and 256 MB of ram. The DS has 67MHz at most. 37 counting its other CPU. IT CANT lolz.

kcajblue
February 15th, 2007, 01:40
Why port a perfect game like Halo to such garbage as the Nintendo "portable gaming system". It can barely run its own games good. Halo requires at least 733MHz of cpu and 256 MB of ram. The DS has 67MHz at most. 37 counting its other CPU. IT CANT lolz.what was the point of posting some kind of stupid comment like that. if you dont have anything good to say about Nintendo then dont say it all.
reported.

abeisgreat
February 15th, 2007, 16:57
Indeed, dont come the the Ds forum just to mock it