PDA

View Full Version : ThemePSP under 2.71 SE

althena77
October 16th, 2006, 11:43
Hello :)

I have here some nice theme sets I used to install with ThemePSP to my 1.5 FW PSP. Now I flashed it with 2.71 SE and I am happy with it so far. I just miss two things, the bootsound and the gameboot I installed before with ThemePSP.

The problem is now, that I can't get ThemePSP running under 2.71 SE. When I move it to PSP/GAME150 it won't start, telling me, that it should only be run from PSP/GAME.

ThemePSP uses a file called opening_plugin.rco where it takes the bootsound and gameboot from, is there an alternative to install this on 2.71 SE?
Also I read now about this new 2.71 SE-A Customizer, that allows me to install a gameboot.pmf. However I don't have such a file, only the opening_plugin.rco. Is the gameboot.pmf in there and is there a (legal) way/tool to extract it from there?
PSP Menu Edit allows you to extract the bootsound from the opening_plugin.rco, so I wonder if it is possible to do the same with the gameboot.

Thanks and greetings!
althena77

S34MU5
October 16th, 2006, 12:12
if you are installing gameboots they should be PMF files. just rename it gameboot, themepsp will not work as 1.5 and 2.71 had different atributes....

jak66
October 16th, 2006, 16:14
the gameboot and bootsound are in two different files. the gameboot is the gameboot.pmf file, which can be ripped from any UMD disk that has them (LEGAL) or made with sonys leaked tools (ILLEGAL)
the opening_plugin.rco is the bootsound, but cannot yet be flashed to 2.71 SE
if your theme psp themes had gameboots, you should find a gameboot.pmf in the folder you had the theme files in
the 2.71 SE customiser seems unusable compaired to proper flash customisers however, to me anyway, with people reporting there gameboots not working, backgrounds must be 60 x 37 in size (something like that) and the 04.bmp (background for April) gets saved to flash as 40.bmp. however, ive tried all 3 functions and after installing again got the blood and claws gameboot to work, all my backgrounds (except the 4th) and font with no problem

splodger15
October 16th, 2006, 17:57
you can change the bootsound and the game boot on a 2.71 with 2.71SE-A Customizer

Look here: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39156

althena77
October 16th, 2006, 19:45
@jak66: Thanks for your long reply and all the information, I found now the gameboot.pmf I wanted from the theme and will try to flash it into my new 2.71 SE later :)

you can change the bootsound and the game boot on a 2.71 with 2.71SE-A Customizer

I think you can't change the bootsound with it (yet?) or can you? Is there really no way yet to do this in 2.71 SE?

BL4Z3D247
October 16th, 2006, 20:11
no can't change the bootsound only font, gameboot, or background