PDA

View Full Version : How to make ANY game boot on chankast

mesosade
October 16th, 2006, 20:12
This is from neil carl sholes:

I did a guide on how to patch a dreamcast game and I found a flaw with this, the method that I told you would work only on dead or alive 2 limited edition due to the ip.bin and the 1st_read.bin, this guide will correct those mistakes and help you patch nay dreamcast game.

First open the Image of the game into daemon tools version 3.29, it has to be this version to work, then click the link here to my old file and click the link there to download FASTBOOT and only FASTBOOT.

LINK > quazen.com/Patching-a-dreamcast-game

Right once you have FASTBOOT on your computer we need to download another software called IPCDExpl, we will use this to extract a working IP address from the game image.

http://rapidshare.de/files/29866276/IPCDExpl.exe.html

Right in the fastboot folder you have downloaded we need to put IPCDExpl, explore the game image and drag out the 1st_read.bin from the game and drop it in the fastboot folder.

Once you have IPCDExpl run it and use it to extract the ip from the game, using the drop down menu at the top locate your fake cd drive that daemon tools creates to find the Ip you need, click extract and save it to the fastboot folder.

Next in the fastboot folder run the software called BINHACK and on the first line type 1st_read.bin, then press enter, next line write ip.bin and press enter on the last line enter 0,0 that’s zero,zero and press enter, then the software will close.

In the fastboot folder move the now patched 1st_read.bin and ip.bin to the DATA folder, then exploring the cd move all the contents (DO NOT MOVE THE 1ST_READ.BIN) to the DATA folder.

Now run the software called b2b_game and it till start up, leave it till it closes itself off, look in the fastboot folder to see your brand new file called Image.cdi, this is a working cd image of the game and there you go that simple.