PDA

View Full Version : 1gb enough???

Kaedyn
October 16th, 2006, 23:27
I've got about 50 games, and unzipped its taking about 1.3 gb.

I've heard that once the games are patched and put on the micro sd then onto the SuperCard Lite, is should be less than a Gig.

Is this True?

How many games can you guys fit on a 1 gb micro sd?

Thanks

ACID
October 16th, 2006, 23:29
It all depends on the game.

V3N0M
October 16th, 2006, 23:30
I don't think one gig is enough for anyone. Personaly if i were you, i would buy the largest size i can afford.

ACID
October 16th, 2006, 23:33
Witch for the NDS and super card will be the 2gb

Kaedyn
October 16th, 2006, 23:34
I've heard that that 1gb can fit about 90 - 120 games, or is that an over exageration.

At the moment i cant afford the 2 gb micro sd as their about 40 gbp ($75)

a 1bgb costs about 20GB, but i would like all my games on one sd :)

ACID
October 16th, 2006, 23:36
90 to 120 games in there dreams not gba not nds maibe nes.

Mourningstar
October 16th, 2006, 23:37
Do you really need 50 games at one time?

I had a 1gb for my PSP and probably close to 500 games and I didnt even play 90% of them...

kcajblue
October 17th, 2006, 00:25
NO ROM DISCUSSION IS ALLOWED!!!

i have a 512 and its enough memory for me. :P

bagofsnakes
October 17th, 2006, 01:26
I got one gig, I can put about 10 ten games and an hours worth of video with space to spare

cloud_952
October 17th, 2006, 03:28
o_O This is totally and undeniably rom discussion. A mod should be closing this soon.

=D And then passing out warnings. Life is fun. ^.^

<-- had a bad day.

<-- will enjoy other people suffering as well.

Jeremysr
October 17th, 2006, 04:00
I use a 512MB card and I've never run out of room

chemical
October 17th, 2006, 15:30
NO ROM DISCUSSION IS ALLOWED!!!

i have a 512 and its enough memory for me. :P

Man shut up.... jeez every post I see of yours is plastered with "OMFG NO ROM TALK!!!!" yes we can't sit here and exchange links to rom downloads, but this post is fine, just leave it alone.

kcajblue
October 18th, 2006, 02:52
Man shut up.... jeez every post I see of yours is plastered with "OMFG NO ROM TALK!!!!" yes we can't sit here and exchange links to rom downloads, but this post is fine, just leave it alone.i will not shut up about rom talk. if there is rom talk, i will say no rom talk is allowed when i need to. the post is not fine as he is talking about roms which we are not supposed to be talking about.

Xiro
October 18th, 2006, 04:12
i will not shut up about rom talk. if there is rom talk, i will say no rom talk is allowed when i need to. the post is not fine as he is talking about roms which we are not supposed to be talking about.
just assume that they are backups, which they very well could be (and its entirely legal).

And for the record, NDS "backups" are 16 megs to 32 megs. A 1 gig stick is 1024 megs, but only about 967 usable, so 967/32 is at LEAST 30 of the largest games out for DS right now, and up to 60 of the smaller games.

kcajblue
October 18th, 2006, 04:36
just because they are backups doesnt mean that they are not roms. and in even if it is a back up, youre not supposed to use it since you have the original.

Backup laws

You are allowed to make a backup if you own the original liscense. However the liscense is not transferable to the backup and you are only allowed to keep the backup provided you have a liscene for it. Generally the liscense is tied to the media it orginally was distributed with. If you destroy the orginal media you also destroy the lisence. For a backup to be legal you must have made it yourself, you cannot have aquired someone's else copy, and must have not circumnavigated any form of copy protection to make your backup. You are not allowed to use the backup if the original is undamaged you use one or the other not both.

cloud_952
October 18th, 2006, 05:18
And backups are considered by DCEMU to be ROM talk, so whether you like it or not, you're still discussing ROMs.

o_O People can't read, apparently. That's just sad. Don't believe me, read the rules. If you're going to insult other people, at least make sure you're right first. Otherwise, you just look ignorant.

BlueCrab
October 18th, 2006, 12:40
NO ROM DISCUSSION IS ALLOWED!!!You hit the nail on the head there.