PDA

View Full Version : Why do we even bother about 3.00 firmware?

Tetris999
October 17th, 2006, 01:32
i was wondering and i think this will happen. everyone is hyped about the psx emulator coming out for the psp right? well first of all lets get things straight

we know that therye gonna charge us for the games

how do you protect such an investment? get rid of unsigned code or roms just like homebrew

and then therye saying they wont realease all games at launch, which means therye supposbly(based on theroy) is that when they come out with the emulator i bet that it wont be able to play the games you have with you and that you will have to buy THERYE games to play them

What do YOU think?

Destroyer699
October 17th, 2006, 01:39
Well, I'll probally update on my 2.80 psp because i have another, but I think sony is really going in the wrong direction with this update. i mean, sure, they are updating the menu and such, but what it all really is is security updates. And nobody wants those.

Cloudhunter
October 17th, 2006, 01:41
Simple. Exploits.

Cloudy

kando
October 17th, 2006, 01:51
psp games sell for like 5 bucks on ebay, methinks they ought to be dirt cheap thru sony...

JKKDARK
October 17th, 2006, 01:55
i was wondering and i think this will happen. everyone is hyped about the psx emulator coming out for the ps2 right? well first of all lets get things straight
mm I think that you can run PSX games in the PS2 console :rolleyes:

Tetris999
October 17th, 2006, 01:57
you are a keen observer jkkdark

andrew24
October 17th, 2006, 02:09
yes indeed you are correct. this seems to be a problem. but i think all of us are cunning enough to overcome the problem and destroy it and all its little friends! Together we can do this.together we can do anything! with the love and support of our family and friends. we will find out all we can on this mysterious 3.0 FIRMWARE!
________
mflb (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/magic-flight-launch-box)

S34MU5
October 17th, 2006, 03:31
i agree $ony are Trying to make us get rid of homebrew then make us pay for psx games we dont like. 'mon the Homebrew!

Ghost DOG
October 17th, 2006, 08:03
yes indeed you are correct. this seems to be a problem. but i think all of us are cunning enough to overcome the problem and destroy it and all its little friends! Together we can do this.together we can do anything! with the love and support of our family and friends. we will find out all we can on this mysterious 3.0 FIRMWARE!

ahahaha, your such a noob!

splodger15
October 17th, 2006, 18:26
Simple. Exploits.

Cloudy

They have to be found first

bullhead
October 17th, 2006, 18:31
Really? I thought sony just show the coders where the exploits are, like by e-mail. Isnt that how fanjita found the e-loader hack?

mesosade
October 17th, 2006, 18:38
ummm wouldn't that be a bit too risky?

Apoklepz
October 17th, 2006, 19:00
Yah, I have to agree with Bullhead, there...I half-bricked my 1.50 PSP sometime back, e-mailed Sony about it...and what do you know? They sent a couple of Service representatives to my house, dressed in asbestos suits and teeny-tiny tools, to fix my PSP problem, via a hidden exploit that everybody today knows about...Yeah, that's what happened, I was there...especially with exploits being easy to come about...LOOK! There's one right there, right now!