PDA

View Full Version : Cannabis Guide app

gunntims0103
October 17th, 2006, 03:06
This is a app that i recently coded in lua. It consist of a guide that list different strains of cannabis. Its can be quite helpful and very knowledgable.

This app is basically completly finished

if needed i will add

-more plants and bios (if theres demand for it)
-quick fix to instruction screen (if not fixed already)
-grow journal (for your personal grow experience)

SPECAIL THANKS TO BENH

the download contains a 1.5 ready

GIVE FEEDBACK VIA COMMENTS

gunntims0103
October 17th, 2006, 03:21
The instruction screen has been fixed and theres no problem there. also i forgot to mention that Benh did a great job going over code with me. really taught me alot. im off hope people founde this enjoyable as much as i did

NoQuarter
October 17th, 2006, 03:31
Awesome, can't wait to check this out!

S34MU5
October 17th, 2006, 04:29
Some-one should port high-grow to the psp
it so good on PC i still play it.
Any one who dusnt no what it is its a real time cannabis growing app you have to adjust lamps and water etc every day!

Plz someone port it. i might

kando
October 17th, 2006, 04:30
SOLD!

what a useful homebrew app! i cant wait to show my friends!! :D

gunntims0103
October 17th, 2006, 04:45
do you guys think i should add more strains and info on them

maybe put a table of content with over 50 strains listed and info

a virtual plant i was gonna create it but i dun no i still have a project i have to rap up

kando
October 17th, 2006, 04:47
yea keep em comin buddy, the more the merrier :)

DeeDub
October 17th, 2006, 05:01
Haha nice... you could call this a 'homebrew hombrew app'!!!!!

gunntims0103
October 17th, 2006, 05:02
alright il put it on the to-do list for this project

i just want all the work i started done so once this is complete then il finish up my other game then il be taking a break from the coding scene

BL4Z3D247
October 17th, 2006, 05:17
downloading now......dude this is awesome!!!!!!! :D

NoQuarter
October 17th, 2006, 05:22
How about a rolling guide as a little bonus for the newly budding stoners?
Nothin like a nice, fat, baseball bat,cone of a spliff :D
You rock!Yes, more strains!

BL4Z3D247
October 17th, 2006, 05:34
How about a rolling guide as a little bonus for the newly budding stoners?
Nothin like a nice, fat, baseball bat,cone of a spliff :D
You rock!Yes, more strains!
lmao...rolling tips, my bro could find that useful....yeh gunn keep it coming bro

dagger89
October 17th, 2006, 07:09
I honestly don't see how this can be benefital at all. Not be a tight wad, but this definately sends the wrong message to kids, ya know... What if a parent would catch their kid with this on their psp...

Tsk, what a shame.... It's pretty sad when stuff like this happens.... I've seen so many ppl go cuz of drugs, and this... well, is retarded IMO

NoQuarter
October 17th, 2006, 07:30
These are plants created by god or whatever you believe.Alot safer than the alchohol so many seem to think is ok.Cannibis actually will make a person more hesitant to perform risky behavior and was most likley the first plant cultivated. Lumping everything together under the heading drugs is silly. All substances are different.You obviously have a case of reefer maddness!Cannibis cultivation and consumption has many benefits,go research the facts!

Kramer
October 17th, 2006, 07:35
Tsk, what a shame.... It's pretty sad when stuff like this happens.... I've seen so many ppl go cuz of drugs, and this... well, is retarded IMO

Cannabis cant kill you.
Dont say its a gateway drug either because that pisses me off lol.

BL4Z3D247
October 17th, 2006, 07:44
Kramer i hate when people say it's a "gateway" drug too, cuz it really isn't :)

@dagger: as far as the app goes...if u don't like the app don't use it....we all love it :D

ACID
October 17th, 2006, 07:53
Now this is something funny that even at 30 y/o mi moms will kick my behind if she saw.

Mr. Shizzy
October 17th, 2006, 07:58
I love it...downloading now. Thanks! I'll watch for updates!

dagger89
October 17th, 2006, 08:03
Cannabis cant kill you.
Dont say its a gateway drug either because that pisses me off lol.

Wanna bet? 100,000 dollars say it can. There's a reason its illegal... Maybe if u idiots didn't kill your brain cells smoking this garbage...

eloyluna
October 17th, 2006, 08:08
Oooh Oooh Virtual Pot Plant Like Animate

Kramer
October 17th, 2006, 08:11
Wanna bet? 100,000 dollars say it can. There's a reason its illegal... Maybe if u idiots didn't kill your brain cells smoking this garbage...
Ok bring it.
I dont have 100k though.

Can you tell me the reason why it's illegal plz?

How much cannabis do you have to smoke to die just wondering.

psiko_scweek
October 17th, 2006, 08:15
its illegal in the united states because the government cannot tax it.

get on topic about the program and not your views on drug use please.

dagger89
October 17th, 2006, 08:16
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/05/02/1051382093439.html

In addition, over time it will kill brain cells.... Making you as smart as a rock...

And tell me, could you quit right now, if you wanted to, and be clean FOR GOOD? Most likely not...

And no, it's illegal because its a controlled substance, in which the smokers can possibly hurt others

FInally, several ppl in Brit have died from Cannibis, most likely due to impairment on brain cells....

Here, lets put it this way. You are a father of a 7 year old kid. Do you want him to have something that teachs him about pot?

Kramer
October 17th, 2006, 08:26
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/05/02/1051382093439.html

In addition, over time it will kill brain cells.... Making you as smart as a rock...

And no, it's illegal because its a controlled substance, in which the smokers can possibly hurt others
the first reported ever death from cannabis was 2years ago all i can say to that is LOL

read this fool

It is generally considered to be impossible to achieve a lethal overdose by smoking cannabis. According to the Merck Index, 12th edition, the LD50, the lethal dose for 50% of rats tested by inhalation, is 42 mg/kg of body weight. That is equivalent of a 165 lb (75 kg) man ingesting all of the THC in 21 one-gram cigarettes of high-potency (15% THC) cannabis buds at once, assuming no THC was lost through burning or exhalation. For oral consumption, the LD50 for rats is 1270 mg/kg and 730 mg/kg for males and females, respectively, equivalent to the THC in about a pound of 15% THC cannabis. Only with intravenous administration — an unheard-of method of use — may such a level be even theoretically possible.
There has only ever been one recorded verdict (although not ultimately upheld) of fatal overdose due to cannabis. In January 2004, Lee Maisey of Pembrokeshire, Wales was found dead. The coroner's report stated "Death due to probable cannabis toxicity". It had been reported that Maisey smoked about six joints a day. Mr. Maisey's blood contained 130 nanograms per milliliter (ng/ml) of the THC metabolite THC-COOH. However, the validity of the finding did not stand up well under review. As reported on 2004-01-28 in the Neue Züricher Zeitung, the Federal Health Ministry of Switzerland asked Dr. Rudolf Brenneisen, a professor at the department for clinical research at the University of Bern, to review the data of this case. Dr. Brenneisen said that the data of the toxicological analysis and collected by autopsy were "scanty and not conclusive" and that the conclusion "death by cannabis intoxication" was "not legitimate."
--------------------------------------------------------

I may smoke weed occasionally bit im not stupid.

And tell me, could you quit right now, if you wanted to, and be clean FOR GOOD? Most likely not...
Yes I could if I wanted too. But there is no need to.

NoQuarter
October 17th, 2006, 08:30
What?
Sorry dude nobody dies from cannibis AT ALL!The reason it is illegal in the US has nothing to do with public safety.I suggest you research your facts.It does not kill brain cells AT ALL.In fact THC has been shown to help prevent or slowdown alheimerz disease.I would hope that if one day I have kids it is legal to cultivate!
You really don't know anything about cannibis AT ALL!
Go do some googling then come talk about it :)
You have THC receptors in your brain yet your body produces none,what does that tell you?

Kramer
October 17th, 2006, 08:32
Alright case closed back on topic now.
lol

dagger89
October 17th, 2006, 08:34
Really, that's COMPLETELY contradictory to what it says in my MEDICAL TEXTBOOKS FOR COLLEGE.... Right cuz they feed us bullshit to beome doctors....

ACID
October 17th, 2006, 08:35
Its elligal in the USA because its a category 2 control substance. Cocaine is a category one. And yes they are bouth use for medicinal porpeses.

BL4Z3D247
October 17th, 2006, 08:36
potheads pwn LOL :D, plus it is legal....u just have to an perscription

NoQuarter
October 17th, 2006, 08:39
Oh a doctor,that changes nothing......
The facts are out there,in fact it was a dotor who informed me that is does not kill brain cells!So what does your drug company backed book say?
So you support the bloated pharmaceutical industry huh?
With the myriad of drugs that cause side effects that make you have to take more drugs!

dagger89
October 17th, 2006, 08:39
Its illigal in the USA because its a category 2 control substance. Cocaine is a category one. And yes they are bouth use for medicinal porpeses.
Exactly. Meaning that you have lessened control over your body, similar to being drunk, and can cause harm to others. When this happens, brain cells DIE in the process... And last time I checked, brain cells don't grow back as quick as regular cells.... Right.... Junkheads

FFS... its like arguing with a bunch of ****ing three year olds here.... Ya know what, go live ur life ****ing wasted all the time, see how ****ing far that gets you. Half you ****tards prolly dropped out of HS and work at McDonalds/Gas Station/ unemployed and living with parents. You are going to ****ing argue with a MEDICAL TEXTBOOK. People with a ****ing PH.D? Right. Genius.

And while your at it, continue working on Sora Adventure, oh right, u stole KON's code... That's right, my bad

Kramer
October 17th, 2006, 08:40
potheads pwn LOL :D, plus it is legal....u just have to an perscription
Or head of too Amsterdam.

Exactly. Meaning that you have lessened control over your body, similar to being drunk, and can cause harm to others. When this happens, brain cells DIE in the process... And last time I checked, brain cells don't grow back as quick as regular cells.... Right.... Junkheads

Why is alcohol not illegal then.
Ive never gone out of control when stoned or met anyone who has but alcohol on the other hand.

ACID
October 17th, 2006, 08:41
Really, that's COMPLETELY contradictory to what it says in my MEDICAL TEXTBOOKS FOR COLLEGE.... Right cuz they feed us bullshit to beome doctors....
Actually the thing that makes a doctor a doctor is a good nurse.:D

NoQuarter
October 17th, 2006, 08:43
It is not like being drunk nor does it kill braincells.YOU ARE WRONG! Why don't you explain the chemical reaction from cannibis that kills brain cells then?

It's well documented with alchohol!

THC is not even remotely chemically similar to alchohol,nor are it's effects.

dagger89
October 17th, 2006, 08:45
You know what, you guys are about as smart as rocks, honestly.... DCemu - Home of the retard potheads.

Enjoy your life you ****ing potheads

- OUT

NoQuarter
October 17th, 2006, 08:47
Obviously you have no facts to base your statements on!Why else would you resort to insults.
Scared of an intelligent conversation?

Oh, and your EGO must be HUGE to have said some of the things you have!

Kramer
October 17th, 2006, 08:48
Yeah leaves because he know his wrong CYA later dude.

Here have a bud for the road.
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1126/imagespl7.jpg (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/%5BIMG%5Dhttp://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1126/imagespl7.jpg%5B/IMG%5D)

NoQuarter
October 17th, 2006, 08:51
LMAO,I'm sure he'd rather have a pill.
Later doctor.

blame Harry Anslinger

dagger89
October 17th, 2006, 08:54
No, its called ****ing mob mentality, who'd win? A group of a 100 ignorant jackasses, or 1 intelligent person... Look at it this way, who won their way when crucifying Jesus? A group of 1000s of angry people, or a select few fighting for the right thing... there we go

ACID
October 17th, 2006, 08:55
Ok i will be the party pooper now heres all the info needed.

Overview
Marijuana is a green, brown, or gray mixture of dried, shredded leaves, stems, seeds, and flowers of the hemp plant (Cannabis sativa). Cannabis is a term that refers to marijuana and other drugs made from the same plant. Other forms of cannabis include sinsemilla, hashish, and hash oil. All forms of cannabis are mind-altering (psychoactive) drugs.

The main active chemical in marijuana is THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol). Short-term effects of marijuana use include problems with memory and learning, distorted perception, difficulty in thinking and problem solving, loss of coordination, increased heart rate, and anxiety.

Marijuana is usually smoked as a cigarette (called a joint) or in a pipe or bong. Marijuana has also appeared in blunts, which are cigars that have been emptied of tobacco and refilled with marijuana, sometimes in combination with another drug, such as crack. It can also be mixed into foods or used to brew a tea.1

Extent of Use

Marijuana is the most commonly used illicit drug. According to the 2005 National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), an estimated 97.5 million Americans aged 12 or older tried marijuana at least once in their lifetimes, representing 40.1% of the U.S. population in that age group. The number of past year marijuana users in 2005 was approximately 25.4 million (10.4% of the population aged 12 or older) and the number of past month marijuana users was 14.6 million (6.0%).2

Among 12-17 year olds surveyed as part of the 2005 NSDUH, 6.8% reported past month marijuana use. Additional NSDUH results indicate that 16.6% of 18-25 year olds and 4.1% of those aged 26 or older reported past month use of marijuana.3

The 2005 NSDUH results also indicate that there were 2.1 million persons aged 12 or older who had used marijuana for the first time within the past 12 months.4

A 2002 SAMHSA report, Initiation of Marijuana Use: Trends, Patterns and Implications, concludes that the younger children are when they first use marijuana, the more likely they are to use cocaine and heroin and become dependent on drugs as adults. The report found that 62 percent of adults age 26 or older who initiated marijuana before they were 15 years old reported that they had used cocaine in their lifetime. More than 9 percent reported they had used heroin and 53.9 percent reported non-medical use of psychotherapeutics. This compares to a 0.6 percent rate of lifetime use of cocaine, a 0.1 percent rate of lifetime use of heroin and a 5.1 percent rate of lifetime non-medical use of psychotherapeutics for those who never used marijuana. Increases in the likelihood of cocaine and heroin use and drug dependence are also apparent for those who initiate use of marijuana at any later age.5

Among students surveyed as part of the 2005 Monitoring the Future study, 16.5% of eighth graders, 34.1% of tenth graders, and 44.8% of twelfth graders reported lifetime use of marijuana. In 2004, these percentages were 16.3%, 35.1%, and 45.7%, respectively.6

Percent of Students Reporting Marijuana Use, 2004–2005

8th Grade 10th Grade 12th Grade
2004 2005 2004 2005 2004 2005
Past month 6.4% 6.6% 15.9% 15.2% 19.9% 19.8%
Past year 11.8 12.2 27.5 26.6 34.3 33.6
Lifetime 16.3 16.5 35.1 34.1 45.7 44.8

Approximately 74% of eighth graders, 65.5% of tenth graders, and 58% of twelfth graders surveyed in 2005 reported that smoking marijuana regularly was a "great risk."7

Percent of Students Reporting Risk of Using Marijuana, 2005

Say "great risk" to: 8th Grade 10th Grade 12th Grade
Try marijuana once/twice 31.4% 22.3% 16.1%
Smoke marijuana occasionally 48.9 36.6 25.8
Smoke marijuana regularly 73.9 65.5 58.0

The Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance (YRBS) study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) surveys high school students on several risk factors including drug and alcohol use. Results of the 2005 survey indicate that 38.4% of high school students reported using marijuana at some point in their lifetimes. Additional YRBS results indicate that 20.2% of students surveyed in 2005 reported current (past month) use of marijuana.8

Percent of Students Reporting Marijuana Use, 2001–2005

2001 2003 2005
Current use 23.9% 22.4% 20.2%
Lifetime use 42.4 40.2 38.4

During 2004, 49.1% of college students and 57.4% of young adults (ages 19–28) reported lifetime use of marijuana.9

Percent of College Students/Young Adults Using Marijuana, 2003–2004

College Students Young Adults
2003 2004 2003 2004
Past month 19.3% 18.9% 17.3% 16.5%
Past year 33.7 33.3 29.0 29.2
Lifetime 50.7 49.1 57.2 57.4

According to data from the Arrestee Drug Abuse Monitoring (ADAM) Program, a median of 44.1% of adult male arrestees and 31.6% of adult female arrestees tested positive for marijuana at the time of arrest in 2003. The adult male samples were compiled from 39 U.S. sites and the adult female samples were compiled from 25 sites.10

Marijuana Use by Arrestees, 2003

Past Marijuana Use by Arrestees Males Females
Used in past 7 days 39.3% 30.0%
Used in past 30 days 44.9 36.0
Used in past year 51.9 44.4
Avg. # of days used in past 30 days 10.5 days 9.1 days

Health Effects

Marijuana abuse is associated with many detrimental health effects. These effects can include frequent respiratory infections, impaired memory and learning, increased heart rate, anxiety, panic attacks and tolerance. Marijuana meets the criteria for an addictive drug and animal studies suggest marijuana causes physical dependence and some people report withdrawal symptoms.11

Someone who smokes marijuana regularly may have many of the same respiratory problems that tobacco smokers do, such as daily cough and phlegm production, more frequent acute chest illnesses, a heightened risk of lung infections, and a greater tendency toward obstructed airways. Cancer of the respiratory tract and lungs may also be promoted by marijuana smoke. Marijuana has the potential to promote cancer of the lungs and other parts of the respiratory tract because marijuana smoke contains 50 percent to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than does tobacco smoke.12

Marijuana's damage to short-term memory seems to occur because THC alters the way in which information is processed by the hippocampus, a brain area responsible for memory formation. In one study, researchers compared marijuana smoking and nonsmoking 12th-graders' scores on standardized tests of verbal and mathematical skills. Although all of the students had scored equally well in 4th grade, those who were heavy marijuana smokers, i.e., those who used marijuana seven or more times per week, scored significantly lower in 12th grade than nonsmokers. Another study of 129 college students found that among heavy users of marijuana critical skills related to attention, memory, and learning were significantly impaired, even after they had not used the drug for at least 24 hours.13

Of an estimated 106 million emergency department (ED) visits in the U.S. during 2004, the Drug Abuse Warning Network (DAWN) estimates that 1,997,993 were drug-related. DAWN data indicate that marijuana was involved in 215,665 ED visits.14

DAWN also collects information on deaths involving drug abuse that were identified and submitted by 128 death investigation jurisdictions in 42 metropolitan areas across the United States. Cannabis ranked among the 10 most common drugs in 16 cities, including Detroit (74 deaths), Dallas (65), and Kansas City (63). Marijuana is very often reported in combination with other substances; in metropolitan areas that reported any marijuana in drug abuse deaths, an average of 79 percent of those deaths involved marijuana and at least one other substance.15

Treatment

From 1994 to 2004, the number of admissions to treatment in which marijuana was the primary drug of abuse increased from 142,906 in 1994 to 298,317 in 2004. The marijuana admissions represented 8.6% of the total drug/alcohol admissions to treatment during 1994 and 15.9% of the treatment admissions in 2004. The average age of those admitted to treatment for marijuana during 2004 was 24 years.16

Arrests & Sentencing

There were a total of 1,846,351 state and local arrests for drug abuse violations in the United States during 2005. Of the drug arrests, 4.9% were for marijuana sale/manufacturing and 37.7% were for marijuana possession.17

In FY 2003, the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) made 5,679 arrests related to cannabis, accounting for 20.9% of all DEA arrests during the year. This is an increase from FY 2002, when 5,576 cannabis-related arrests were made by the DEA, accounting for 18.5% of all DEA arrests.18

According to a 1997 Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) survey of Federal and state prisoners approximately 19% of Federal and 13% of state drug offenders were incarcerated for a marijuana-related offense. The survey also measured prior drug use by prison inmates. Approximately 65% of Federal prisoners had tried marijuana/hashish, 47% had used it regularly, 30% used it in the month before their offense, and 11% used it at the time of their offense. In 1997 77% of State prisoners had tried marijuana/ hashish, 58% had used it regularly, 39% had used it in the month before their offense, and 15% had used it at the time of their offense.19

Marijuana was involved in 40.4% and 43.1% of the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force (OCDETF) investigations in FY 2001 and FY 2002, respectively, second only to cocaine. The proportion of OCDETF indictments in which marijuana was charged was 18.5% in FY 2001 and 16.3% in FY 2002, falling behind cocaine, crack, and methamphetamine.20

Between October 1, 2004 and January 11, 2005, there were 1,777 Federal offenders sentenced for marijuana-related charges in U.S. Courts. Approximately 94.9% of the cases involved marijuana trafficking. Between January 12, 2005 and September 30, 2005, there were 4,396 Federal offenders sentenced for marijuana-related charges in U.S. Courts. Approximately 95.8% of the cases involved trafficking.21

The Arrestee Drug Abuse Monitoring (ADAM) program collects drug use data from booked arrestees in over 30 sites nationwide. A recent report focussing on youthful adult arrestees (18-20 years old) surveyed in ADAM sites has shown an increase in marijuana use among this population. Starting around 1991, most ADAM locations experienced a rapid increase in recent use among youthful adult arrestees, from an average low of 25 percent in 1991 to 57 percent in 1996, as detected by urinalysis. The report concludes that marijuana appears to be the drug of choice for arrestees born since 1970.22

Production & Trafficking

Marijuana production in Mexico, the principal source of foreign-produced marijuana to U.S. drug markets, Canada, and the United States appears to be increasing. Domestic Cannabis Eradication/Suppression Program (DCE/SP) data indicate that domestic cannabis eradication increased steadily from 2000 through 2003, decreased in 2004, and increased sharply to its highest recorded level in 2005 (preliminary data). Domestic eradication occurs primarily in California, Kentucky, Tennessee, Hawaii, and Washington, often on public lands including Forest Service lands.23

Arrival Zone seizure data indicate that most (96.7% in 2004) marijuana seized at or between U.S. points of entry is seized along the U.S.-Mexico border. Marijuana seizures along the U.S.-Canada border, while still much lower than seizures along the U.S.-Mexico border, have nearly tripled since 2001.24

U.S. Federal agencies seized more than 2.7 million pounds of marijuana in FY 2003. This is up from approximately 2.4 million pounds in FY 2002.25

According to the 2004 NSDUH, most users (55.1%) got the drug for free or shared someone else's marijuana. Approximately 40% of marijuana users bought it. More than half (52.7%) of users who bought their marijuana purchased it inside a home, apartment, or dorm.26

Legislation
Marijuana is a Schedule I substance under the Controlled Substances Act (CSA). Schedule I drugs are classified as having a high potential for abuse, no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States, and a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision.27

In the case of United States v. Oakland Cannabis Club the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that marijuana has no medical value as determined by Congress. The opinion of the court stated that: "In the case of the Controlled Substances Act, the statute reflects a determination that marijuana has no medical benefits worthy of an exception outside the confines of a government-approved research project."28 The case reached the U.S. Supreme Court after the federal government sought an injunction in 1998 against the Oakland Cannabis Buyers Cooperative and five other marijuana distributors in California.29

The United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit issued a ruling on May 24, 2002, upholding DEA's determination that marijuana must remain a schedule I controlled substance. The Court of Appeals rejected an appeal that contended that marijuana does not meet the legal criteria for classification in schedule I, the most restrictive schedule under the Controlled Substances Act.30

Street Terms
"Grass," "pot," and "weed" are common street terms for marijuana.31 Other terms include:

Marijuana Street Terms

Term Definition Term Definition
420 Marijuana use Homegrown Marijuana
BC bud High-grade marijuana from Canada Hydro Marijuana grown in water (hydroponic)
Bud Marijuana Indo Marijuana term from Northern CA
Chronic Marijuana Kind bud High quality marijuana
Dope Marijuana Mary Jane Marijuana
Ganja Marijuana; term from Jamaica Shake Marijuana
Herb Marijuana Sinsemilla Potent Marijuana

NoQuarter
October 17th, 2006, 09:02
The active ingredient of marijuana could be considerably better at suppressing the abnormal clumping of malformed proteins that is a hallmark of Alzheimer's disease than any currently approved prescription drugs.

Scientists report the finding in the Oct. 2 issue of the journal Molecular Pharmaceutics.

About 4.5 million Americans suffer from Alzheimer's disease, which gradually destroys memory. As more people survive into old age, cases of Alzheimer’s disease are expected to triple over the next 50 years. There is no known cure.

• Click here to visit FOXNews.com's Human Body Center.

The researchers looked at THC, the compound inside marijuana responsible for its action on the brain.

Computer models suggested THC might inhibit an enzyme with the tongue-twisting name of acetylcholinesterase (also called AChE) that is linked to Alzheimer's.

(Story continues below)

dagger89
October 17th, 2006, 09:04
Marijuana's damage to short-term memory seems to occur because THC alters the way in which information is processed by the hippocampus, a brain area responsible for memory formation. In one study, researchers compared marijuana smoking and nonsmoking 12th-graders' scores on standardized tests of verbal and mathematical skills. Although all of the students had scored equally well in 4th grade, those who were heavy marijuana smokers, i.e., those who used marijuana seven or more times per week, scored significantly lower in 12th grade than nonsmokers. Another study of 129 college students found that among heavy users of marijuana critical skills related to attention, memory, and learning were significantly impaired, even after they had not used the drug for at least 24 hours.13

Would you look at that, memory problems... hmm, that would relate to dead brain cells. Too many dead brain cells= mental retardation or death.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=AbstractPlus&list_uids=16832776&query_hl=4&itool=pubmed_docsum
Hmmm, disease, how nice

ACID
October 17th, 2006, 09:05
Im assuming all you guys would have loevd to have gone with me to jamaica last year.

opiate81
October 17th, 2006, 09:05
sweet app man!!!! very handy ;)
oh and btw I dont see stoned people brawling down the street on the weekend or beating the crap outta their wives.. its the people taking the legal drug alcohol.. stoners just wanna get high, eat, play games and watch movies!
it was the only thing that kept me sane when designing websites :p

who cares anyways its legal to grow one plant for personal use here in sth australia ;)
so thanks again for the sweet app gunntims0103

\m/

NoQuarter
October 17th, 2006, 09:09
READ

Cannabidiol and (-)Delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol are neuroprotective antioxidants
A. J. Hampson*,dagger , M. GrimaldiDagger , J. Axelrod*, and D. Wink§

* Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Regulation, National Institutes of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD 20892; Dagger Laboratory of Adaptive Systems, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, Bethesda, MD 20892; and § Radiology and Biology Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892

Contributed by Julius Axelrod, April 27, 1998

The neuroprotective actions of cannabidiol and other cannabinoids were examined in rat cortical neuron cultures exposed to toxic levels of the excitatory neurotransmitter glutamate. Glutamate toxicity was reduced by both cannabidiol, a nonpsychoactive constituent of marijuana, and the psychotropic cannabinoid (-)Delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Cannabinoids protected equally well against neurotoxicity mediated by N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors, 2-amino-3-(4-butyl-3-hydroxyisoxazol-5-yl)propionic acid receptors, or kainate receptors. N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor-induced toxicity has been shown to be calcium dependent; this study demonstrates that 2-amino-3-(4-butyl-3-hydroxyisoxazol-5-yl)propionic acid/kainate receptor-type neurotoxicity is also calcium-dependent, partly mediated by voltage sensitive calcium channels. The neuroprotection observed with cannabidiol and THC was unaffected by cannabinoid receptor antagonist, indicating it to be cannabinoid receptor independent. Previous studies have shown that glutamate toxicity may be prevented by antioxidants. Cannabidiol, THC and several synthetic cannabinoids all were demonstrated to be antioxidants by cyclic voltametry. Cannabidiol and THC also were shown to prevent hydroperoxide-induced oxidative damage as well as or better than other antioxidants in a chemical (Fenton reaction) system and neuronal cultures. Cannabidiol was more protective against glutamate neurotoxicity than either ascorbate or alpha -tocopherol, indicating it to be a potent antioxidant. These data also suggest that the naturally occurring, nonpsychotropic cannabinoid, cannabidiol, may be a potentially useful therapeutic agent for the treatment of oxidative neurological disorders such as cerebral ischemia.

Cannibis does not cause brain damage!

kando
October 17th, 2006, 09:09
its technically legal up to 1 ounce in denver, colorado.....

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/4570.html

Denver voters make adult possession of one ounce or less of marijuana legal.

Denver became the first city in the nation to make the private use of marijuana legal for adults 21 and older as an alternative to alcohol, a far more harmful drug. By 10.45 p.m. Tuesday night, with 100% of the votes tallied, the Alcohol-Marijuana Equalization Initiative had passed 53.49% YES to 46.51% NO....

...The campaign pointed to government reports and scholarly studies that show alcohol is a contributing factor in domestic violence, sexual assaults, and other violent crimes, as well as overdose deaths, whereas the use of marijuana has never been linked to such violent behavior and there has never been a marijuana overdose death in history.

go democracy!!

Kramer
October 17th, 2006, 09:11
sweet app man!!!! very handy ;)
oh and btw I dont see stoned people brawling down the street on the weekend or beating the crap outta their wives.. its the people taking the legal drug alcohol.. stoners just wanna get high, eat, play games and watch movies!
it was the only thing that kept me sane when designing websites :p

who cares anyways its legal to grow one plant for personal use here in sth australia ;)
so thanks again for the sweet app gunntims0103

\m/

In W.A we can have three bushies under a metre high I think.

BL4Z3D247
October 17th, 2006, 09:13
Im assuming all you guys would have loevd to have gone with me to jamaica last year.
uhhh YEH!!!!! lol :D, Jamaican's rock, the ones i have met here in the US are awesome...like Foyd he was awesome, we used to smoke blunts all day(installing directv satellite systems) and we'd go get beef patties when we had the munchies...ah those were the days

dagger89
October 17th, 2006, 09:13
READ

Cannabidiol and (-)Delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol are neuroprotective antioxidants
A. J. Hampson*,dagger , M. GrimaldiDagger , J. Axelrod*, and D. Wink§

* Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Regulation, National Institutes of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD 20892; Dagger Laboratory of Adaptive Systems, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, Bethesda, MD 20892; and § Radiology and Biology Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892

Contributed by Julius Axelrod, April 27, 1998

The neuroprotective actions of cannabidiol and other cannabinoids were examined in rat cortical neuron cultures exposed to toxic levels of the excitatory neurotransmitter glutamate. Glutamate toxicity was reduced by both cannabidiol, a nonpsychoactive constituent of marijuana, and the psychotropic cannabinoid (-)Delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Cannabinoids protected equally well against neurotoxicity mediated by N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors, 2-amino-3-(4-butyl-3-hydroxyisoxazol-5-yl)propionic acid receptors, or kainate receptors. N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor-induced toxicity has been shown to be calcium dependent; this study demonstrates that 2-amino-3-(4-butyl-3-hydroxyisoxazol-5-yl)propionic acid/kainate receptor-type neurotoxicity is also calcium-dependent, partly mediated by voltage sensitive calcium channels. The neuroprotection observed with cannabidiol and THC was unaffected by cannabinoid receptor antagonist, indicating it to be cannabinoid receptor independent. Previous studies have shown that glutamate toxicity may be prevented by antioxidants. Cannabidiol, THC and several synthetic cannabinoids all were demonstrated to be antioxidants by cyclic voltametry. Cannabidiol and THC also were shown to prevent hydroperoxide-induced oxidative damage as well as or better than other antioxidants in a chemical (Fenton reaction) system and neuronal cultures. Cannabidiol was more protective against glutamate neurotoxicity than either ascorbate or alpha -tocopherol, indicating it to be a potent antioxidant. These data also suggest that the naturally occurring, nonpsychotropic cannabinoid, cannabidiol, may be a potentially useful therapeutic agent for the treatment of oxidative neurological disorders such as cerebral ischemia.

Cannibis does not cause brain damage!
Tell me, do you even understand what that is saying? Because last time I checked, we weren't rats.

And guess what, just cuz sumthing my be good in one case, in others it can be bad.... Sickle cell anemia is one example of where it can be benefital to be heterozygous for sickle cell in conditions where malayria is present. But it can also be deadly.

Just because sumthing is good in one case doesn't mean its good in ALL cases

NoQuarter
October 17th, 2006, 09:15
Actually yes I do :)
You know nothing about me.I know you go to medical school where so much of your knowledge has come from studies such as these.

There's a ton more where this came from :D

kando
October 17th, 2006, 09:17
watch a documentary called "grass"....it shows how in the 1920's new york's mayor la guardia had a study done to disprove all of the slander some guy was doin about weed, and whent he report proved all the slander wrong, the guy had it all discredited.....and again nixon had a study done, and when that study also disproved everything, nixon threw it away.

jimmy carter was supposed to make it decriminlized :(

dagger89
October 17th, 2006, 09:18
The legality of cannibis has alot more to do with a certain political lobby than the health effects.It has been greatly slandered in many texts,the research shows otherwise.

Pot is getting to your brain I see... It causes diseases, read my link I posted. And BTW, that was done in SOUTH AMERICA :eek:. Not the United States. So please, think, it makes you seem smarter

kando
Tell me, do you even understand what that is saying? Because last time I checked, we weren't rats.

And guess what, just cuz sumthing my be good in one case, in others it can be bad.... Sickle cell anemia is one example of where it can be benefital to be heterozygous for sickle cell in conditions where malayria is present. But it can also be deadly.

Just because sumthing is good in one case doesn't mean its good in ALL cases

Marijuana has NEVER killed anyone. alcohol has. cigarettes have.

nuff said.

BL4Z3D247
in CT u can't have any but 4 oz. or less in a single bag without a scale in ur possession is just a mistameter($150 fine)

dagger89
watch a documentary called "grass"....it shows how in the 1920's new york's mayor la guardia had a study done to disprove all of the slander some guy was doin about weed, and whent he report proved all the slander wrong, the guy had it all discredited.....and again nixon had a study done, and when that study also disproved everything, nixon threw it away.

jimmy carter was supposed to make it decriminlized :(

And people thought the world was flat originally... Is it flat now?

kando
October 17th, 2006, 09:20
Pot is getting to your brain I see... It causes diseases, read my link I posted. And BTW, that was done in SOUTH AMERICA :eek:. Not the United States. So please, think, it makes you seem smarter

its funny, cuz...

....Although a causal relationship is difficult to establish due to the widespread use of cannabis, this drug may play an etiologic role in ischemic stroke.

can we say a "bit" general?

NoQuarter
October 17th, 2006, 09:22
Ya know, you try awfully hard to insult me when all I have done is try and present facts. I have no need to seem smarter Mr.PHD.

Rather than try and insult some one you should try reading a little more :)

Like I said there's plenty more FROM ALL AROUND THE WORLD,and I wonder if south Americans like you insulting them too.

BL4Z3D247
October 17th, 2006, 09:24
And people thought the world was flat originally... Is it flat now?
dude i don't think gunntims is gunna apprectiate u causing arguements is his thread, so if u don't like what we do then screw u, we can do what we wanna do, ur not our mothers so why are u preaching to us?

...so piss off!!!

kando
October 17th, 2006, 09:25
blazed he does have the right to his opinion. and we have the right to disprove him with facts. :)

BL4Z3D247
October 17th, 2006, 09:29
blazed he does have the right to his opinion. and we have the right to disprove him with facts. :)
yes everyone has the right to state what they think/feel, but not to keep up an arguement cuz they think they are right and the other people are wrong

kando
October 17th, 2006, 09:30
yes everyone has the right to state what they think/feel, but not to keep up an arguement cuz they think they are right and the other people are wrong

but bush does it....

/snicker

NoQuarter
October 17th, 2006, 09:30
Whether he likes it or not alot of places have decriminalized.
That goes to show the world is not flat.As he would say.

dagger89
October 17th, 2006, 09:31

Well, it seems your facts are twisted. Assholes.

1) I never said I had a pH.D, the people who wrote the medical texbook had pH.D's...
2) The link I postedcame from South America
3) I give a **** what that fake coder thinks? Right, I have as much respect for him as Yoshizero. All of that Sora Adventure code was copied from King of Noobs Naurto game (which came 6 months before his piece of shit),

**** off all of you. You all like to twist the facts so it suits you. And you know what, i dont give a **** about what happens to me, half of the members are as smart as, wait, never mind, potheads.

kando
October 17th, 2006, 09:33
rofl u are one angry dwarf...u belong on qj or psp-hacks, most of those ppl are vulgar kids just like yourself.

just do urself a favor and dont shoot up your neighborhood grocery. ppl frown on that sort of thing.

cheers!

dagger89
October 17th, 2006, 09:38
wrong and wrong ****er, I only go to those sites once in a while to check news... This site, I rage at Yoshi at, so screw you guys, I have life, unlike most of u potheads living at home with your folks. Cheers, ****ers!

BL4Z3D247
October 17th, 2006, 09:39
but bush does it....

/snicker
which is why i despise him

NoQuarter
October 17th, 2006, 09:39
Yes you are one angry dude dagger,you should smoke the peace pipe and chill out :D

And you say the "F" word alot you must concerned about kids vocab huh?

Why prohibition is WRONG

Prohibition loses on first principles: it is impossible to reasonably sustain the argument that it is wrong to grow a plant - especially a beautiful and valuable plant. Conversely it can be argued on first principles that it is a moral crime and desecration of nature to deny cannabis: "No good thing can come to those who trample the holy bhang leaf underfoot" (Indian Hemp Drugs Commission, 1894)

Moving on to second principles the prohibition argument is increasingly unsustainable. Even if we accept that to "indulge" in intoxication is a moral transgression, to label this "wrongdoing" a crime is inappropriate. The state normally recognises that it has no business legislating private morality (Fastier) and differentiates between crime (causing harm to others) and sin (causing moral harm to the individual). But with drugs it is as if ordinary judgement faculties are disavowed.

To personally oppose an action such as smoking, does not necessarily mean that individuals have the right to restrain others from that action, nor necessarily even intend to have that right. A good deal of cannabis consumption goes on openly amongst friends and family. "Arrest" is infrequently used as an intervention when compared to the actual amount of drug "crimes" being committed. Prevalence statistics infer that hundreds of millions of technical breaches occur annually. (National drugs survey, 1998).

Yet with cannabis prohibition in New Zealand, a "moral majority" shut their ears to any argument challenging their prohibitionist world view.

When one considers whether it is appropriate to classify all use as misuse, one can easily find examples where ordinary New Zealanders share a joint and no significant harm comes to any. Therefore, under proper scrutiny, it it inevitable that the legislative difinintion of all use as criminal, is somewhat flawed and unsustainable.

The argument that society has laws which must be respected for the common good is similarly unsustainable, when one again considers the prevalence of marijuana use in New Zealand (around 16-20% of 15-45 year olds, APHRU 1998 Survey), and the numbers in favour of reforming Cannabis law. (60%, Dominion, Colmar-Brunton poll, 2000)

Erroneous Harm Prevention model

The presumed need for "supply reduction", and "demand reduction" immediately fails the efficacy test, with paradoxical, yet predictable and easily modelled relationships between what the law promises, and what it delivers.

This is because of the economic opportunity and incentive for crime and corruption provided by the black market status. Global estimates of the international illicit drug trade have suggested incalculatable corruption on the order of $400 billion per annum.

In place of successful prohibition, a raft of associated harms and unintended consequences include violation of individuals and families - resulting in anger, ridicule and heartache, attitude problems and mental illness.

Claims of "harm reduction" underpinning the policy goal of "harm minimisation" are ironic: the safer method of cannabis consumption (food) is classed as more repugnant to justice than the common practice of smoking marijuana.

It remains as incredulous that the notorious "bong ban" managed to jump through all the hoops to the point where it was introduced by the Minister of Health as part of a "harm reduction" based strategy, midway through the year 2000...Application of the bong-ban has increased penalties three-fold for individuals implementing personal "harm reduction".

The history of the National Drug Policy has been well documented from this quarter - and deletion of the "legislative implication" in analysis of existing drug policy is an alleged offence against the public interest, which requires explanation.

Whether the existing Government wishes to continue pandering to policy fraud, remains to be seen.

kando
October 17th, 2006, 09:42
this government used to tax ppl for not being married....women had land taken from them if they didnt marry within a time period.....

when has anything ever made sense here?

NoQuarter
October 17th, 2006, 09:45
He just wants to hate on somebody,why even insult somebody like he has unless he's got nothin!

I'm pretty happy with my life bro,how about you?

Stop cursing so much and have an intelligent discussion.

Anybody know about Buddha and the cannabis seeds he lived on?

Oh and just to clarify I don't live with my parents and have traveled the country extensively.
Meeting many different types of cannabis consumers from all walks of life.
Don't judge people dude,You don't know any of us.

kando
October 17th, 2006, 09:47
true indeed, noquarter, well said.

i'm goin to go to sleep with a smile on my face =)

NoQuarter
October 17th, 2006, 09:52
Night bro,have a good one.
I think I'm gonna go too,before I get cursed at some more.

Mr. Shizzy
October 17th, 2006, 10:14
Wow. Dagger should be banned for that rediculous outburst. That was more than getting a little upset. He crossed the line.

ACID
October 17th, 2006, 10:47
Ok people now this thread has gotten way out of hand. Just let it go guys id hate any of you get in trouble. In the other hand im assuming dagger will get whats comming to him.

gunntims0103
October 17th, 2006, 13:30
once i get back i will see if i can update this add more plants and bios maybe a table of content be bac soon

S34MU5
October 17th, 2006, 13:42
My dad has smoke dope, hash, cannabis all forms of it throughout his life and i have been around him doing it. He isnt dead and hes fifty he started when he was 15. and he is still one of the smartest people I have met.

gunntims0103
October 17th, 2006, 20:34
just got back

Thanx dagger89 for the flaming toward me i really appreciate it.

i will do an update to this soon. this coding is all original and was help by behn who did a great job helping me

and i pm'ed KON when i first got into coding for sora adventure and asked him if i could use the code and if he was able to give it to me.

i and my team altered the script extreamly but didnt get far with the project.

it will be finished i assure you

keep ya posted

quzar
October 17th, 2006, 21:25
Cannibas isn't illegal 'because' it is a schedual 2 controlled substance. That is like saying someone is fat because they are overweight. It is illegal due mostly to the crazed notion of one man, who wanted to quash all fun things (he was a prohibitionist).

Alcohol has a much more damaging effect on the body than cannibas consumption does. Because the amount which is harmful is much less relative to the amount needed for intoxication with alcohol, it is much much easier to die from alcohol poisoning than from a cannibas overdose (which is, as far as i know, completely undocumented). If the argument is that the intoxication leads to more accidental deaths, then that title goes once again to alcohol, as even in countries where it is legal, it causes many fewer deaths than alcohol.

In the days when the first laws against cannibas were enacted, similar laws came to be regarding alcohol, calling it an evil. I can understand someone saying that one should not use cannibas because it is illegal, the same as one might say someone under the age of 21 should not drink because it is illegal (in the united states). Saying however that it is morally wrong, is to say that in places where it is not illegal, the people are amoral.

Think of the same argument against cannibas use, but instead with fast food. I wonder which causes more death due to overuse?

Anyways, although it's questionable for me to make a huge post in favor of one side, then end the discussion, this thread has had a bit too much flaming in it. Also, it is the stance of these forums that while the occasional drug reference is accetable, large topics for discussion of it is not (why the booty thread was deleted).