PDA

View Full Version : Playing a PAL game on NTSC TV

Shapyi
October 28th, 2004, 20:55
Ok, here is my questions for you all, is there any chance to play a PAL game on an NTSC PS2 on an NTSC TV. Is there anyway to do it at all, I mean just at all.

Kron
October 29th, 2004, 05:44
If the PAL game has a 60hz mode yes.

Saoshyant
October 29th, 2004, 07:22
PAL 60 Hz is still different from NTSC 60 Hz so I have heard. Not sure about it. Dreamcast supported display of PAL/NTSC modes in one single system, though the discs were region protected. However, PS2 sucks, no really sucks and it really does so much, that I do not even think it could do such things. (Still could be wrong, but I doubt it)

Eric
October 29th, 2004, 07:25
lol that was kinda rude but your right and systems people should stick with is Dreamcast,Xbox and the good ol Cube

Kron
October 29th, 2004, 09:29
The PS2 outputs 60hz as an NTSC signal, PAL60hz isn't an option with the PS2.

Shapyi
October 29th, 2004, 11:02
Yeah, I realise this is a Dreamcast forum and people hate PS2. I don't care, I want to get this PAL game for PS2, is there any boot discs, mod chips, whatever to play PAL games on PS2. I don't really think in terms of consoles, I just think in terms of games, so lets not start a console war, I don't really care. Personally I feel all consoles (Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, and XBOX) all have excellent games. So if anyone can help, please let me know.