PDA

View Full Version : Is PCEcast ever coming out?

Raul2106
October 17th, 2006, 20:14
Several months ago youtube featured a few videos of a PC Engine emulator playing Dracula X on Dreamcast called PCEcast. Is that a dead project? If it isn't when is it being released?

SSaxdude
October 17th, 2006, 21:35
I know there's already a PCE emulator out for Dreamcast, but it's supposed to be kinda slow and has no sound. But yeah, a full speed PCE emulator on Dreamcast would be awesome.

Raul2106
October 17th, 2006, 22:16
Supposidly the emulator runs at full speed and has 100% sound too. It is demonstrated on youtube.com just put PCEcast in the search bar and it's there. I went on some other DC sites and found it being talked about but here we are in October and still no downloadable release of the emulator. I guess I'm overly excited about this one because I have been considering importing a PC Engine for a while now.

quzar
October 17th, 2006, 23:01
Probably not. I've been working on updating HuCast, but I'm not going to release it untill I can get it to read real CDs (which requires a lot of work =\ )

Raul2106
October 18th, 2006, 17:32
I just downloaded HuCast last night. I am working on it right now. I hope you finish it soon quzar. :) It would be beyond awesome to play real PC Engine CDs on Dreamcast.

ßüboni¢ $oñic
October 18th, 2006, 22:38
pc engine? as in pc games?

fackue
October 19th, 2006, 02:48
No. PC Engine is\was a 16-bit console with add-ons (I think maybe they were new consoles) like a CD-ROM drive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TurboGrafx-16

Raul2106
October 20th, 2006, 18:16
quzar, is there a way I could make a single iso to contain both the data & audio tracks? I was playing Dracula X yesterday and I just put my real Disc in my DVD player and connected the audio cables to my TV while using the video cable for Dreamcast, it made for a fun experience. I am so excited for your HuCast Emulator. How has it been progressing?:)

quzar
October 20th, 2006, 18:42
I havn't worked on it in a bit because I've been busy with school. The last thing I was doing was trying to get it to read from real PCE-CDs. I bought 3 on ebay to test with.

Raul2106
October 20th, 2006, 18:52
I think your preview disc is great. :) When I bought Dracula X I was seriously considering importing a PC Engine Duo/R I think I will just wait now.

ßüboni¢ $oñic
October 21st, 2006, 02:18
ahhh you meant the tg16, ok. i never got the name of sum of these old skool consoles...

quzar
October 21st, 2006, 02:38
I think your preview disc is great. :) When I bought Dracula X I was seriously considering importing a PC Engine Duo/R I think I will just wait now.

Thank you. I went through a lot of trouble to get what I did. I have recently gotten a copy of some of my sources from GPF, but they are not the same as the release version (sound is broken). Hopefully I can start from that and just make it better =).

wolfpack
October 21st, 2006, 03:41
i liked dracula x... it was fun... go pcengine!!

Baboon
October 21st, 2006, 14:51
I've been recently canning Dracula X on the PSP via PCE. :)

Its a fantastic game... if you can get this running on the Dreamcast i'd be very, very happy.

JonnyTanna
October 24th, 2006, 13:03
Hey how did you get Dracula X to work on psp?

which emu did you use? I got hue 0.70 but it's not working.

I got a 1.50

A Link for installation would be helpful thanks..

Baboon
October 24th, 2006, 20:58
Hey how did you get Dracula X to work on psp?

which emu did you use? I got hue 0.70 but it's not working.

I got a 1.50

A Link for installation would be helpful thanks..

Read through this thread it will sort you out (it plays all the mp3s if you use PCE) :) : http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=36927&highlight=baboon

...and on HUE check out Stider, its got loadsa extra animations and an additional level! :D

Back on to this topic, I hope The PC engine will get emulated sometime on my beloved DC? If we can emulate other machines (eg. Neo Geo) I'm sure this can be acomplished. :D

quzar
October 24th, 2006, 22:28
The thing I'm stalled on right now is getting the Dreamcast to read real PCECDs (bought a bunch on eBay just to test this). It's required to manipulate a lot of stuff in the os to get it to read. lowww levelll stuff.

JonnyTanna
October 25th, 2006, 00:48
Thanks for the help.. I get the the whole iso thing, but i mean with installing the actual emulator itself... do you just make up names for the folders etc?

both the pce and hue both dont come with those %PCE kinda folders... im a little confused?

Raul2106
October 31st, 2006, 18:39
I feel great. I finally purchased a PC Engine. It cost $180.00 plus $20.00 for shipping from ebay. :) I think the PC Engine is a true classic. I will continue to follow the DC emulation scene because it will be nice to someday be able to play PC Engine CDs on Dreamcast.

AkumuHau
November 8th, 2006, 02:30
I'm so excited over this emulator! I got some Kunio Ken games on PCE but don't actually own a system, just a collector of those games.

I wish you the best of luck with the emulator, quzar. The day it comes out you made this norwegian guy's life a better place