PDA

View Full Version : New homebrew pack!

Vendeta
October 18th, 2006, 01:40
I'm no good at coding so i thought id put together a home brew pack.....if its OK with all the coders....if u have a game u think u wht o be in dis home brew pack just post the file in this form and with permission from the coder (i think they wont mind)... i will personaly test the whole thing out....so what are u waiting fore???:D

Plz dont eat me alive if this is wrong!plz!

Vendeta
October 18th, 2006, 02:13
Comon some one must have a game they think evryone deserves to play gust put alink in and ill test it out and if it works walla its on the pack!! Comon u know ya wanna...

S34MU5
October 18th, 2006, 02:20
to many people are doing this. Mesosade has released his sourlime pack and it was ace. u can go for it but ya know......

i would say but in snes9xtyl 0.4me

P.S if your gona put devhook in u cant host it here. or sumat.

Vendeta
October 18th, 2006, 02:22
k its only goona be 1.5 games and emulators no lua or devhook...lol ill add the snes...im includeing roms can u send me a pack if u have them on ur computor or psp...lol:D :D

sedkiller
October 18th, 2006, 02:27
You could but the doom game and quake also than NesterJ and there is more of them but.. i'll be too long lol.

Vendeta
October 18th, 2006, 02:30
nester j is nes right
doom&quake...probly
nvm i got a nes emulator but doom and quake for sure!

grit
October 18th, 2006, 02:36
......im includeing roms can u send me a pack if u have them on ur computor or psp...lol:D :D
Including roms?!! :confused:

Vendeta
October 18th, 2006, 02:38
Roms for all the emulators in my pack......i can do that right???

mavsman4457
October 18th, 2006, 03:03
Not legally

Vendeta
October 18th, 2006, 03:07
ohh nvm NO ROMS... uhhh ohhh...my bad...so does anyone have some games they whant on it...

gymnotropic
October 18th, 2006, 07:55
Well.... you can always do public-domain roms.

Vendeta
October 18th, 2006, 13:58
Wht those??

gymnotropic
October 18th, 2006, 16:47
They are ROMs that people made I believe. I don't know exactly how they are made, but I know they are legal.

Google it if you want them. I have a link to some, but the site that I would be linking has links to illegal ROM sites.

jak66
October 18th, 2006, 17:11
yep, comercial roms (ones sold in shops on cartridges) are illegal to ditribute, but public domain roms are ok

as for stuff to include, how about PSP Revolution,
the Dance Dance Revolution (or Dance
Stage, whatever its called where you live) clone

ACID
October 18th, 2006, 17:13
You can definately start one but look at this first.
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37945
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38232

Also are you going to use an .exe file format. Because thats the way to go.

HAMMIEZ
October 18th, 2006, 22:51
IDEAS FOR HOMEBREW PACK:

are you including gameboy color/advance emus like RIN and gpSP?
especially gpSP because that is the program that most rivals the DS so if it was in the homebrew pack, it would attract many n00bs

also you could include an auto downgrader system (that would SERIOUSLY attract noobs) that asks them their firmware version (with instructions on how to find out) then they type it into your exe and voila! it sticks the appropriate downgrader or eloader on their psp.

you should also have formatted eboots with autodetection of firmware -- if eloader is present then install 2.0+ eboot (this is often 1.0 eboot), if any kxploited homebrew is present then install 1.5 and if 1.00 homebrew is present OR they specified that they did not have 1.5 AND there is no eloader then install 1.0 formatted

and make/obtain a compatibility list for various eloaders and 1.0 so you can prevent installing a homebrew setup that will not work.

possibly include custom firmware (if thats allowed on this site, although i think it is) with preset config files for autobooting everything in your pack plus an installer for the 1.0 eboot (thats all custom firmware supports) if only the 1.5 is present. i suppose IR Shell 2.2 would be handy too if you dont already have that in your pack.

one more thing: would it still be against rules to have an autodownloader of devhook installer within your setup program (its probably not, im just curious)

i had this all as a big idea a while ago but i'm more into lua and couldnt care less about homebrew packs but if youre making 1 i hope these ideas will be of use.

Vendeta
October 18th, 2006, 23:21
IDEAS FOR HOMEBREW PACK:

are you including gameboy color/advance emus like RIN and gpSP?
especially gpSP because that is the program that most rivals the DS so if it was in the homebrew pack, it would attract many n00bs

also you could include an auto downgrader system (that would SERIOUSLY attract noobs) that asks them their firmware version (with instructions on how to find out) then they type it into your exe and voila! it sticks the appropriate downgrader or eloader on their psp.

you should also have formatted eboots with autodetection of firmware -- if eloader is present then install 2.0+ eboot (this is often 1.0 eboot), if any kxploited homebrew is present then install 1.5 and if 1.00 homebrew is present OR they specified that they did not have 1.5 AND there is no eloader then install 1.0 formatted

and make/obtain a compatibility list for various eloaders and 1.0 so you can prevent installing a homebrew setup that will not work.

possibly include custom firmware (if thats allowed on this site, although i think it is) with preset config files for autobooting everything in your pack plus an installer for the 1.0 eboot (thats all custom firmware supports) if only the 1.5 is present. i suppose IR Shell 2.2 would be handy too if you dont already have that in your pack.

one more thing: would it still be against rules to have an autodownloader of devhook installer within your setup program (its probably not, im just curious)

i had this all as a big idea a while ago but i'm more into lua and couldnt care less about homebrew packs but if youre making 1 i hope these ideas will be of use.

(pardon my french) HELL NO only the gamebooy advance i wil put in goddammit READ THE RULES

Vendeta
October 19th, 2006, 00:18
Cant find dance stage and dace revoution,If u .wht roms for the pack all u have to do is PM me and walla ur very own rom pack...They are legale...