PDA

View Full Version : How do you run apps on moonshell?

Joel92
October 18th, 2006, 03:09
well, people say that you can... but whenever i try to run a .nds file, it never does anything. im using the newest version, running on an mmp 4 gig, so it should work... but i just dont know how.

if i do get the moonshell thing to work, can it run any apps that the mmp cannot?

kcajblue
October 18th, 2006, 03:40
if moonshell cant open it and does nothing. then it wont work with moonshell.

Amethyst
October 18th, 2006, 17:02
I'm not sure but I think he's talking about launching .NDS files through Moonshell. I've tried it also on my MMD but I get a "not support adapter?" message.

While on the subject of Moonshell, allow me to momentarily hijack this thread. I made a thread asking for a walkthrough/tutorial on customizing Moonshell's skin text file. Any help?

TeenDev
October 19th, 2006, 00:14
While on the subject of Moonshell, allow me to momentarily hijack this thread. I made a thread asking for a walkthrough/tutorial on customizing Moonshell's skin text file. Any help?

el' no hijacking threads newbie dude

Amethyst
October 19th, 2006, 13:03
Que? Read aloud what you posted.

Is a n00b calling me a n00b?

Ok, so screw my "hijack" related question. Since Joel hasn't replied I am still going assume that he means this: I'm not sure but I think he's talking about launching .NDS files through Moonshell.

Anyone care to explain if it's possible to do that on MMD?

The Hombrew Hunter
October 19th, 2006, 13:10
Amethyst is ALL but a "newb", considering your excellent 28 POSTS ABOUT HALO DS!

It should be possible, I've never tried.

ACID
October 19th, 2006, 13:12
Well i have an nope can't be done.

sonikku88
October 19th, 2006, 21:49
Nope, impossible. What would be the difference in loading an .nds file with the MMP software and loading an .nds file with MoonShell anyway?

MikeDX
October 19th, 2006, 21:51
there is no difference, stop talking about piracy

sonikku88
October 19th, 2006, 21:55

What? I'm not! I said .nds file. That could be any kind of DS homebrew.

Junixx
October 19th, 2006, 23:20

yea its about homebrew apps and games, but I think on the Moonshell for the MMP it doesnt launch .nds correctly from what ive heard, you'll just have to use the bootme firmware

Amethyst
October 22nd, 2006, 17:40
Oh, that sucks.

What would be the difference in loading an .nds file with the MMP software and loading an .nds file with MoonShell anyway?

The difference would be that I could make Moonshell the bootme and access my media (music and video) before switching to a homebrew game without having to restart.

Plus Moonshell's file listing looks much more organized than Max Media's and because it's not touch screen based I find accessing my files much faster through scrolling.

But if it's not possible it's ok. Restarting my DS is just a 5 second inconvenience. I can live with it.

sonikku88
October 22nd, 2006, 19:09
Oh, that sucks.

The difference would be that I could make Moonshell the bootme and access my media (music and video) before switching to a homebrew game without having to restart.

Plus Moonshell's file listing looks much more organized than Max Media's and because it's not touch screen based I find accessing my files much faster through scrolling.

But if it's not possible it's ok. Restarting my DS is just a 5 second inconvenience. I can live with it.

Oooh! 0.0

That would be pretty cool. :D

Joel92
October 22nd, 2006, 20:22
yea its about homebrew apps and games, but I think on the Moonshell for the MMP it doesnt launch .nds correctly from what ive heard, you'll just have to use the bootme firmware

dang. oh well, hopefully the new update will come out soon, then we'll see if there is any increased homebrew compatibility.

there better be...

thanks guys, but now another question, can other versions of moonshell, like moonshell for an m3 or SC run apps? or do all moonshell types not do that?

Junixx
October 22nd, 2006, 22:39
dang. oh well, hopefully the new update will come out soon, then we'll see if there is any increased homebrew compatibility.

there better be...

thanks guys, but now another question, can other versions of moonshell, like moonshell for an m3 or SC run apps? or do all moonshell types not do that?

My Moonshell lauches apps/games just fine

witeds
June 29th, 2007, 00:40
i had a version of moon shell running on my mmd and it loaded textwriter but the keyboard was all screwy and you could not see it but it worked and that is the only .nds file i have ever gotten it to open