PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War cancelled in Germany

wraggster
October 18th, 2006, 18:02
Due to its extreme violence and body-chainsawing antics, Gears of War will not be released in Germany, Microsoft has disappointingly revealed to our German friends.

Apparently USK, the German body responsible for games rating, has refused to give Gears an age rating after several submissions from Microsoft. The big M says that after consultation between Epic and the USK, a cut-down version of the ultra-violent shooter was decided to be "not possible" without fundamentally changing the core gameplay..

The announcement comes after Capcom's zombie-blaster, Dead Rising was also banned in the country for its extreme violence.

As Germany is one of the biggest videogame markets in Europe, the news will no-doubt come as hefty blow to Microsoft and Epic. We've contacted the developer for comment on the cancellation and will let you know when we get a reply.

JKKDARK
October 18th, 2006, 20:24
it is so sad. my country sucks :(

10shu
October 19th, 2006, 02:52
yeah...this is pretty crazy...? What happen to green blood ??? I understand gear of war is not a kid game but what happen to adult people freedom?

some of the most disturbing movie i ve ever seen are german(necromantik for exemple) so what the big deal with x360 games???

I hope u guy can go buy a imported version from the uk,france or spain...;)