PDA

View Full Version : The difference between Max Media Player and Max Media Dock

sonikku88
October 18th, 2006, 21:13
I dunno whether it's just me, but there seems to be some confusion about the MMP and the MMD. It seems to me that people think that one has the one with the HDD and the other one is the one with the CF. Personally, I thought the MMP was the software/NDS flashcard, and the MMD was the hardware/GBA flashcard.

What do you all think? :confused:

Knux896
October 18th, 2006, 21:35
I dunno whether it's just me, but there seems to be some confusion about the MMP and the MMD. It seems to me that people think that one has the one with the HDD and the other one is the one with the CF. Personally, I thought the MMP was the software/NDS flashcard, and the MMD was the hardware/GBA flashcard.

What do you all think? :confused:
The reason that people often call the 4GB HDD version the Max Media Player is because that is the name it was packaged under. While the DS card is called the "Max Media Player" in both versions, it originated with the 4GB HDD. Therefore the HDD version is usually called the Max Media Player or MMP to quickly name the version that the person owns.

Junixx
October 18th, 2006, 21:42
I think actually the 4 GB "HDD" is just a CF card, and from what I've heard, a slow one a that.There is more homebrew compatibility with the Dock i think, and i thought the DS card was called the Max Media Launcher?

Knux896
October 18th, 2006, 21:51
I think actually the 4 GB "HDD" is just a CF card, and from what I've heard, a slow one a that.There is more homebrew compatibility with the Dock i think, and i thought the DS card was called the Max Media Launcher?
The HDD is actually an HDD with moving parts so it is slower and uses more power than a CF card. The DS card is basically the same as the Max Media Launcher but it has a different sticker on it calling it the Max Media Player.

sonikku88
October 18th, 2006, 21:55
The reason that people often call the 4GB HDD version the Max Media Player is because that is the name it was packaged under. While the DS card is called the "Max Media Player" in both versions, it originated with the 4GB HDD. Therefore the HDD version is usually called the Max Media Player or MMP to quickly name the version that the person owns.

Can't we all agree to call it MMP 4GB HDD from now on then, to avoid confusion?

Nope. Says Max Media Player on the front of the card. You can probably tell if the HDD is really a HDD by listening out for a whirring sound.