PDA

View Full Version : Help...

Mourningstar
October 19th, 2006, 01:11
Ive wasted countless numbers of CD-Rs trying to burn nxDoom and none of them work. I make a folder named "Doom" and place the nxDoom 1st_read and IP files along with my WADs into the folder, make a CDI of it with BootDreams and burn it with Alch 120%. And all they do is show the DC bootup, the Sega logo, and then nothing but a black screen....

Ive had no problem burning other HB like QUake, NES, etc. but this nxDoom is ****ing killing me....

Please help...

Smurph
October 19th, 2006, 01:38
Ive wasted countless numbers of CD-Rs trying to burn nxDoom and none of them work. I make a folder named "Doom" and place the nxDoom 1st_read and IP files along with my WADs into the folder, make a CDI of it with BootDreams and burn it with Alch 120%. And all they do is show the DC bootup, the Sega logo, and then nothing but a black screen....

Ive had no problem burning other HB like QUake, NES, etc. but this nxDoom is ****ing killing me....

Please help...

That's your problem. IP.BIN and 1ST_READ.BIN need to be in the CD root.

Mourningstar
October 19th, 2006, 02:33
That's your problem. IP.BIN and 1ST_READ.BIN need to be in the CD root.
How do I do that?

To make an image in BootDreams you have to select a folder, right? So wouldnt those need to be in that folder? :confused:

Mourningstar
October 19th, 2006, 03:01
Is there a certain progran i should use instead of Alcohol 120% because I still have no clue on how to do it...

fackue
October 19th, 2006, 03:16
You have made four topics about this.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37899
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32724

There's your first two. I answered your questions in there.

This is what your disc structure should look like:

1ST_READ.BIN
DOOM\DOOM.WAD
DOOM\DOOM2.WAD
DOOM\DOOMU.WAD
DOOM\MODLIST.TXT
DOOM\ORIGINAL.DEH
DOOM\ORIGINAL.WAD
DOOM\PLUTONIA.WAD
DOOM\SOD.DEH
DOOM\SOD.WAD
DOOM\TNT.WAD
IP.BIN

No more topics please. Lets keep it all in this one.

Mourningstar
October 19th, 2006, 03:21
You have made four topics about this.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37899
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32724

There's your first two. I answered your questions in there.

This is what your disc structure should look like:

No more topics please. Lets keep it all in this one.
Sorry for all of the treads, but itwas 3 not 4! The other one is about how to make Doom WADs! :p

OK, so do I put all of that into a folder or what?

What are these?

MODLIST.TXT
ORIGINAL.DEH
ORIGINAL.WAD
SOD.DEH
SOD.WAD

I dont even know what a .DEH file is.

And do I have to make a MODLIST.TXT file?

Any certain program I should use to burn it?

Mourningstar
October 19th, 2006, 04:07
Thanks everyone for all of you wonderous help! :mad:

Now, can someone tell how to make the image? What type? What program? How to burn it? And with what program?

I guess I understand the file structure now, no different than anything else, Im making a CDI file of it with BootDreams and ive tried burning it, in various ways, with BootDreams and Alcohol 120% but its not working still....

fackue
October 19th, 2006, 05:33
Acting like that you're not gonna get any help. BootDreams can burn to a CD-R directly meaning you don't need any software to burn CD images besides BootDreams. I don't know much about Doom mods but deh files are called DeHacked patches and from what I know patch the main Doom wad. DeHacked patches are nothing to worry about unless you want to put mods on your disc with nxDoom. Same goes for Modlist.txt, don't worry about it if you're not going to put any mods on the disc since nxDoom will automatically add the original Doom games to the mod list.

You're getting a warning for being so rude.

Mourningstar
October 19th, 2006, 05:45
Acting like that you're not gonna get any help. BootDreams can burn to a CD-R directly meaning you don't need any software to burn CD images besides BootDreams. I don't know much about Doom mods but deh files are called DeHacked patches and from what I know patch the main Doom wad. DeHacked patches are nothing to worry about unless you want to put mods on your disc with nxDoom. Same goes for Modlist.txt, don't worry about it if you're not going to put any mods on the disc since nxDoom will automatically add the original Doom games to the mod list.

You're getting a warning for being so rude.
Well, Im getting so damned frustrated with it that its making me furious.....Ive wasted around 50 cds trying to burn this damn thing and I know someone here has had to have done it before.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with the way Im doing it but it still doesnt work. I thought maybe something was wrong with the nxDoom files I have so I decided to try DCDoom and all it does is hang on the loading screen...

And yea I tried burning it directly with BootDreams but it still wont work...

fackue
October 19th, 2006, 05:47
I'm not sure what you're doing wrong then. Make sure 1ST_READ.BIN and IP.BIN are in the root of your CD.

Might seem stupid, but does your Dreamcast run CD-Rs?

Mourningstar
October 19th, 2006, 05:56
I'm not sure what you're doing wrong then. Make sure 1ST_READ.BIN and IP.BIN are in the root of your CD.

Might seem stupid, but does your Dreamcast run CD-Rs?
Yea, my DC runs CD-Rs...like I said Ive burned nxQuake with no problem...

What exactly do you mean by make sure theyre in the "root"?

I make a "Doom" folder and put the 1ST_READ.BIN and IP.BIN along with the WAD files in that one folder and then use BootDreams to make a CDI of that folder....is that what I should be doing?:confused:

fackue
October 19th, 2006, 06:37
No. The disc structure should look like this:

1ST_READ.BIN
DOOM\DOOM.WAD
DOOM\DOOM2.WAD
DOOM\DOOMU.WAD
DOOM\PLUTONIA.WAD
DOOM\TNT.WAD
IP.BIN

Mourningstar
October 19th, 2006, 12:37
So youre saying 1st_read, IP, and the Doom should NOT be in a folder?

But dont you have to select a folder for BootDreams to make an image?

Like this...

nxDOOM Folder ->1ST_READ.BIN, IP.BIN, DOOM Folder -> Doom.wad, Doom2.wad, TNT.wad, etc.? :confused:

That is one way Ive been trying it...

Yay, ok, I finally got it to work? :D

But I have 2 questions....

How do I get the music to work?

And can I put a dummy file in it to fill up the CD-R?

Thanx for the help and sorry for trouble...

Smurph
October 19th, 2006, 16:52
So youre saying 1st_read, IP, and the Doom should NOT be in a folder?

But dont you have to select a folder for BootDreams to make an image?

Like this...

nxDOOM Folder ->1ST_READ.BIN, IP.BIN, DOOM Folder -> Doom.wad, Doom2.wad, TNT.wad, etc.? :confused:

That is one way Ive been trying it...

Yay, ok, I finally got it to work? :D

But I have 2 questions....

How do I get the music to work?

And can I put a dummy file in it to fill up the CD-R?

Thanx for the help and sorry for trouble...

Download the music WADs from http://files.frashii.com/~sp00nz/Doom/

And most likely.

Mourningstar
October 19th, 2006, 19:03
Thanx, but where do i put the music?

fackue
October 19th, 2006, 21:25
In the same folder as your wads. Make sure they're unzipped.