PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Action Replay MAX EVO edition Reviewed

wraggster
August 11th, 2004, 20:10
Just had the chance to try out the Max Evo by Datel, the new PS2 Product that enables the PS2 owner to play MP3s, Media Files (Avi etc), and finally the most important, Genesis emulation on the PS2 without a modchip.[br][br]Read the full review Here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/maxevo.shtml)

duffy2004
September 2nd, 2004, 18:54
Good review Wraggster, I have one myself and generally agree. ;D
Only problem I find is the sound is all messed up on PGEN, tried fiddling with settings but makes no difference. I've tried a few different roms but no luck improving it. ???
Does anyone know if you can use the Action Replay Max to play SNES, SMS etc roms on a no modded PS2? If so, how?
Thanks

wraggster
September 2nd, 2004, 19:02
well ive been told theres a way but that person didnt guve full details

if anyone finds out please let us know

duffy2004
September 2nd, 2004, 19:06
I tried burning snestation.elf file to cdr with a few roms, media recognised the file as .elf file and allowed me to select it but just went to a blank screen.

wraggster
September 2nd, 2004, 19:26
if this means any sense please try it "I ported PGEN so it would support the pen drive but I don't think many
people understand how they can change other emulators for this support.
It would be great for people to include all the IRX files in the elf
then it would be a lot easier for retro fans."

wraggster
September 2nd, 2004, 19:27
so is there an elf opener?

and a closer :P

duffy2004
September 4th, 2004, 12:48
Further, is it possible to run hard disk installer via media player? Or run back-up games?

Airamas
September 11th, 2004, 02:27
I have one question about this thing. Does it allow you to use codes for PS1 games. And If not, would a Action Replay, or some other sort of cheat device made for the PS1, work on a PS2.

thanks

duffy2004
September 11th, 2004, 07:09
Dont believe it'll run PS1 codes, don't think any of the PS2 AR's do, but i'm not 100% on that. ???
As for running PS1 AR on PS2, I think they are plug in modules for the PS1 so I don't think so.
Like I say, I'm not 100%, so I could be wrong ???

Hawq
September 11th, 2004, 12:24
I only have the arv2 so not sure about the max ones but the one I have came with a cd of ps1 codes ready for use. Of course if you have the old disc version of the ar released for the ps1 that will work as well

snipersnake
September 15th, 2004, 03:12
to wraggster ..u look like alan shearer..r u him???

Fuse
September 17th, 2004, 15:19
http://www.zophar.net/consoles/ps2.html
I haven't tried any yet but I will tommorow and post the results, if anyone tries any of them befor

Ian_micheal
September 17th, 2004, 15:31
Bad sound on pgen ? freeware version had very good sound what happen to it?

wwe2004
October 1st, 2004, 12:14
I am thinking of buying this and was wondering if some 1 could answer my questions

1. If u burn a .avi video clip to a CD-R will it just burn or will need to convert it to .mpg to be able to play back on the PS2?

2. I read that u can update the AR codes and copy the file to the memory card but it takes about 2mb! on the card. Is it possible to burn the new codes to a CD-R and activate the cheats from the CD instead of using up the space on my memory card?
thanks 4 any help.

wraggster
October 1st, 2004, 12:25
well i did a quick cd burn of an adult film :P and to my surprise it worked perfect as is :)

not sure about question 2

wwe2004
October 1st, 2004, 13:25
well i did a quick cd burn of an adult film :P and to my surprise it worked perfect as is :)

not sure about question 2

Was it a .avi file? its just i have some movies that i wanna burn but there .avi and if i want to play them as VCD thought a DVD player they need converting which takes 2 hours to do so i was hopeing that this AR max could burn .avi movies and play them thought the ps2 with no convering needed.

brmanuk
October 12th, 2004, 08:04
How is the sound emulation on the Action Replay version of PGEN? Thanks

duffy2004
October 12th, 2004, 10:34
Don't know if anyone else has problems, but i'd have to say appauling! >:(
If you listen carefully, you can just barely make the music out, its so garbled.

brmanuk
October 12th, 2004, 13:09
Hmm, do you have to have a flash usb memory stick thing to use it? and can you save games on the memory card?

duffy2004
October 12th, 2004, 13:24
Either USB memory stick, or burn on to cd-rom using your PC and supplied software.
Think you can save onto memory card, but to be honest the sound is that bad i've given it less than five minutes attention so I haven't tried it.

brmanuk
October 14th, 2004, 06:02
Thanks for your help.