PDA

View Full Version : YAY just flashed 2.71-SE but have questions

tuta
October 20th, 2006, 02:14
So damn happy rite now with my new baby but got few questions.

1.How to sort homebrews?
My method was to rename folder game150 to game then sort with pspbrew but this ended up with 1.5 eboots at the bottom while 1.0 at the top anyway to mix them?

2.Recovery which is the one to flash back to normal 1.5?

3.I enabled hide corupt but theres still 1 corrupt is that recovery?

4.And if recovery is corrupted in game selection will I have troubles going back to 1.5?

5.If I do recover and return to 1.5 does this give me clean 1.5 or do I need to up to 2.0 then down?(I hate downgrading neva done it B4)

6.Any program to add gameboots and font?

7.I am using dev gui and its workin but do I need to put the extra files from 2.71 kd folder to the existing in my stick there are 3 additional files?

8.Because dev gui doesnt have extra 2.71 firmware option can I replace 150F with 2.71F files?

Thx for all ur help:D

Ok most of my questions are answered by vendetta and jak66 thank you very much:D

now the only questions left are 7 and 8 because I like my gui mod:D

Ok and another thing I have comfirmed and tested is that cw cheat 0.14b and Cheat master 0.5 works with devhook for 2.71 se aswell as the svc capture plugin just that the svc player doesnt work for me( to view gifs we taken)

tuta
October 20th, 2006, 02:56
Anyone?

S34MU5
October 20th, 2006, 04:13
Shoulda stayed at 1.5

tuta
October 20th, 2006, 04:20
it depends on ur preference I find that its good no ned to boot dev for umds but I said gd bye to irshell and welcomed File assistant++ to my hombrew line up(since it worked)after I flashed its worth it to me:)

Because I onli used Irshell to rename copy and delete files but I miss the move now lol hehehehehe but no turnin back now:D

Vendeta
October 20th, 2006, 04:21
k first of all u can sort all 1.5 homebrew in the game150 folder and aposed to the hid croupt icons put __SCE__ in front of the folder whithout the % and
%__SCE__ in front of the folder whith the % that should get rid of it but i dont evan care boot my curopt icon's.....and to go back to 1.5 i have no idea...but if u do brick ur psp u hold R and turn it on in recovery mode....As for gameboots and fonts u whant 2.71 SE custimizer that will work but dont get to happy whith it is flashes ur psp every time....
K gust Send me a AIM at [email protected] or MSN at [email protected].. ill tell u anything u need to know!

V3N0M
October 20th, 2006, 04:36
Its great! and no you shouldn't have stayed at 1.5. If you need any help just AIM me. Trust me i've had it for a while now and have solved most of those questions. So if you need help, like my thread says I'm willing to help anyone who needs help with PSP homebrew.

Vendeta
October 20th, 2006, 04:39
I gust knoticed i have 82 post's

tuta
October 20th, 2006, 04:45
so how about the recovery I mean If I get brick and recover to 1.5 does it give me a clean 1.5 firmware and is the command
run program at PSP/GAME/Recovery/Eboot.PBP

Vendeta
October 20th, 2006, 04:47
Dat dosent recover to 1.5 as far as i know

tuta
October 20th, 2006, 04:49
so which is the recovery coz I wanna try the 2.71 customizer and just to be safe I want to have recovery all set up

Vendeta
October 20th, 2006, 04:51
TRY IT IS SAFE.... USE MSN I CAN HELP U MORE (srry for caps)...i have fonts and game boots u can have...

V3N0M
October 20th, 2006, 04:58
TRY IT IS SAFE.... USE MSN I CAN HELP U MORE (srry for caps)...i have fonts and game boots u can have...

I can do all of that too!!! lol But i don't care. You take this one Vendeta. I've helped plenty of people and Honesty could use a break. Just MSN vendeta or AIM me if you choose.

tuta
October 20th, 2006, 05:01
whats AIM?
Vendetta are u online now?

V3N0M
October 20th, 2006, 05:02
Aol Instant Messenger.

Vendeta
October 20th, 2006, 05:04
ya im always at my com from 4 till 11 canadian time!!!!

tuta
October 20th, 2006, 05:05
Neva used that b4 I'll contact you after I download AIM oh and about the recovery does it remove the CF and give u clean 1.5 and again I still dun know which it is

Vendeta
October 20th, 2006, 05:06
wht's ur msn and all will be awnserd....u got only so little time till i goin to sleep!!

mnuhaily22
October 20th, 2006, 11:28
Just wait for a revision B as far as I am concerned, just wait, and all those problems are gonna be resolved soon enough.

jak66
October 20th, 2006, 14:45
right lets answer as many of these questions as i can

1.How to sort homebrews?
My method was to rename folder game150 to game then sort with pspbrew but this ended up with 1.5 eboots at the bottom while 1.0 at the top anyway to mix them?

i dunno this one, as i converted all my homebrew to 1.00,. i believe that organizer will sort these, but it doesnt work on win98

2.Recovery which is the one to flash back to normal 1.5?

when you download the zip theres the folder called files for recovery (or whatever) well you put the folder inside there (RECOVERY) into the GAME folder. Next, get the 1.50 update eboot, rename it to update.pbp and put it in the RECOVERY folder. Finally boot into recovery mode (hold r on startup) then choose run eboot at psp/game/recovery/eboot.pbp

you can also put the 2.71 SE update eboot and data.daxr files in the RECOVERY folder instead of the other stuff to reflash 2.71 SE (if you mess something up, but dont want to degrade to 1.50

3.I enabled hide corupt but theres still 1 corrupt is that recovery?

Some eboots do show as corrupt (like iR SHELL), this is a problem with the param.sfo file in the eboot, but this problem can be fixed

4.And if recovery is corrupted in game selection will I have troubles going back to 1.5?

Not as far as i know (but i dont remember recovery being corrupt for me)

5.If I do recover and return to 1.5 does this give me clean 1.5 or do I need to up to 2.0 then down?(I hate downgrading neva done it B4)

Clean, it wipes your flash clean when you degrade (like the SCE updaters, generic degrader and the 2.71 SE updater)

6.Any program to add gameboots and font?

yes, its been mentioned already, 2.71 customiser, but it saves 04.bmp (aka, the background for April/4th background/pink background) as 40.bmp, so it doesnt get overwritten, but it does no damege whatsovever by saving it as 40.bmp. Also some gameboots dont work.

7.I am using dev gui and its workin but do I need to put the extra files from 2.71 kd folder to the existing in my stick there are 3 additional files?

8.Because dev gui doesnt have extra 2.71 firmware option can I replace 150F with 2.71F files?

cant help you with these 2, i dont use gui mode, i use Chunglam's mod (which does support 271f)

also, should you want to use iR Shell again here is my eboot for it that works on 2.71SE-A. this way you dont have to go through the bother of fixing it yourself

tuta
October 20th, 2006, 16:28
Great thx for the fix aswell as the answers and I will try out chunglams mod

grit
October 20th, 2006, 17:49
Great thx for the fix aswell as the answers and I will try out chunglams mod
Chunglam's is nice, but make sure you try DLX. It totaly overwhelming! :) And supports 271F too.

tuta
October 20th, 2006, 17:51
DLX whats that?
I need a little enlightment or maybe a link:D
Thx

grit
October 20th, 2006, 17:58
DLX whats that?
I need a little enlightment or maybe a link:D
Thx
Check your PM. ;)

cha0ticbliss