PDA

View Full Version : Safest Downgrader

splodger15
October 20th, 2006, 17:49
Could someone tell me what is the safest downgrader to use if you are going to downgrade

tuta
October 20th, 2006, 17:54
So far I hearing from all sorts of places and if my memory doesnt fail me its the 2.71 generic downgrader for non mobo ofcourse as it completely wipes ur flash and gives you clean 1.5

Correct me if I am wrong though:)

NoQuarter
October 20th, 2006, 18:32
I just tried the 2.71 generic downgrader, and it worked perfectly :)

potatoman
October 20th, 2006, 19:59
the 2.71 easy downgrader isnt bad though

jak66
October 20th, 2006, 20:50
yes well the easy downgrader that you used came with illegal files, the generic degrade only needs the update eboot which isnt illegal to distribute (yep this sites weird like that, files out of eboot = illegal, files inside eboot = legal, but after what happend with booster you can understand) also the generic degrade formats the flash, so you get a clean firmware when you degrade

splodger15
October 20th, 2006, 20:58
But isnt the genericc downgrader only for those who had 2.71se installed

jak66
October 20th, 2006, 21:13
no, generic degrader is for HenC, generic degrader cant be used on 2.71SE-A (cause 2.71 SE-A cant use update eboots, unless the recovery flasher is used)

potatoman
October 20th, 2006, 21:58
yes well the easy downgrader that you used came with illegal files, the generic degrade only needs the update eboot which isnt illegal to distribute (yep this sites weird like that, files out of eboot = illegal, files inside eboot = legal, but after what happend with booster you can understand) also the generic degrade formats the flash, so you get a clean firmware when you degrade
no, i got the dump myself, and even if i didnt, i honesty couldnt care less. it was posted at dcemu, and thats good enough for me :D

potatoman
October 20th, 2006, 21:59
btw splodger said safest... deleting the flash is more dangerous... isnt it?

King of Fire
October 20th, 2006, 22:14
Generic works fine:cool:

M!ckeY
October 21st, 2006, 03:58
any downgrader is dangerous...let me rephrase, ANY application that accesses the flash has the potential to brick your psp if you don't follow the readme. A downgrader does just that...it accesses the flash.

pibs
October 21st, 2006, 04:42
Hen C works great but for lower fw's id use one of dark alex's easy downgraders.

and for the love of god read the instructions untill u fully understand what you are doing!

wolfpack
October 21st, 2006, 05:05
hmm a fresh flash eh? i might have to update and downgrade my psp again, i think something is corrupted in my flash, sometimes my psp flashes green colors and freezes in the menu screen, or just plain freezes during games at random points.

Destroyer699
October 21st, 2006, 05:31
I suggest using the Generic Downgrader although I haven't tested it yet. I hear good things about it though.

[Roger]
October 22nd, 2006, 02:36
i went to a spanish site to get the Downgrader
my ver. was 2.71 i downgraded to 1.5 it work fine but beware the risk of bricking are around.

GL with downgrading the PSP