PDA

View Full Version : I'm new to this. Can somebody help me choose equipment to buy? [Read both my posts]

linkmaster03
October 20th, 2006, 20:00
OK I need some help for what to buy to run homebrew, my code, etc. on my [2004] DS Original. Now I did the "Pictochat Test" and I have Version One according to it. I've want to get a Super Card SD flash cart. Is it worth it? Please recommend other/better flash carts that I can put an SD card into for it's memory (because you know this stuff much better than me.

Now I don't know what to get for the DS slot to bypass filters and run from the Super Card SD/other flash cart. I mean like PassMe, Passcard, Passkey, NoPass, etc. Can you give me some cheap suggestions that preferably support Sleep Mode?

And if I get the Super Card SD. What file extensions will I be able to run using it? Like .nds or whatever.

EDIT: One more thing. :p What is a good, reliable, CLEAN, and parent-friendly site that I can buy the Super Card SD/other flash cart and whatever you suggest on?

Someone please help me!

I've heard SD cards aren't a good choice, they aren't very compatible with homebrew. I've heard CF is better, is that true?

I'm going to use a NoPass device. Which one is the best and what is the best flash cart for use with it? I'm leaning towards an M3 or a Supercard because of the extra RAM. I also want something that's super compatible with all/almost all homebrew.

felix123
October 22nd, 2006, 08:15
The SC SD is compatible with the vast majority of homebrew software. You use .sc.nds files. Some .nds files also works.

If you want the absolute best homebrew compatibility, get a GBAMP CF (but it doesn't have extra RAM).

Mazza
October 22nd, 2006, 12:05
NO DAMN ROMN TALK or double posting use the edit button - original post edited

linkmaster03
October 22nd, 2006, 20:16
I'm so sorry!!

Is the SuperKey and Super Card SD a good combo?

Mazza
October 23rd, 2006, 13:09
yes that's what I have

linkmaster03
October 25th, 2006, 23:07
Cool. Thanks so much I'll be getting that then.