PDA

View Full Version : I now have a 1.5, care to suggest what i can get?

Mr.Denny
October 21st, 2006, 13:34
after a succesfull downgrade i now have 1.5 firmware. Feel free to dish out what i need, what i should get or anything worth mentioning.

Also, no mentioning ISOs or whatnot. Not because it`s not allowed but i couldn`t be bollocked with it, sorry.

Anyway, any ideas?

michael_dack_2005
October 21st, 2006, 13:56
Well, there is IR SHell, Devhook to emulate 2.71, endless lists of Homebrew games, apps and emulators.

And there is always the option of upgrading to 2.71 SE-A, I did, but that was my own opinion

Mr.Denny
October 21st, 2006, 14:09
So does devhook make the PSP think it`s 2.71 while still being 1.5?.

Sorry, apart from playing the megadrive and snes on my PSP i`m pretty new to all this. :p

potatoman
October 21st, 2006, 14:53
yep thats devhook
you will be needing it if you ever want to play a new commercial game, most require 2.00-2.60

potatoman
October 21st, 2006, 14:54
btw check ur PM's Mr denny

potatoman
October 21st, 2006, 14:57
If u like gba games then there are plenty of emulators out there, or even n64 games!

potatoman
October 21st, 2006, 14:58
devhook is a great way of ruuning 2 firmwares on 1 psp, all u have to do is install and then whenever u feel like using 2.71 just run devhook just like any other homebrew!

Mr.Denny
October 21st, 2006, 15:08
Oh i see.

However, Is Devhook safe?.

And i take it that the most recent version is the best?.

potatoman
October 21st, 2006, 15:14
yes it is safe, and the best devhook is the most recent version too. (devhook 0.46, if im not mistaken)

Shrygue
October 21st, 2006, 15:16
Device Hook (Devhook) 0.46 is safe to use as it reads a dump of any chosen firmware (like 2.71).

Mr.Denny
October 21st, 2006, 15:17
Yes well i`m afraid you can`t talk about Isos here.

Anyway, when i get some free time i`ll check out devhook. :D

Any other suggestions are welcome

potatoman
October 21st, 2006, 16:03
mainly the emulators, but b careful with ps1 emu, its a bit slow as yet.
otherwise, it really depends on what u like, nintendo,sega, or even prefered genres, shoot em up etc.
i stick with my recommendation of super smash bros melee homebrew version, Smashgpsp, because it is fully customisable, u can download extra arenas & characters, and the gameplay feels like the original smash bros in 2d.
if u want it just google for it, its everywhere!

Mr.Denny
October 21st, 2006, 17:21
Alright, i have my 2.71-1.5 firmware but i got a little lost tracking down Devhook. There seems to be so many versions :confused:

You wouldn`t be as kind to give me a link o the devhook suited for my situation, would you?.

skater9269
October 21st, 2006, 17:42
denny Im afraid I we cant give you a link to a full version of devhook as that would contain a firmware dump so you can use google check other psp sites or dump your own.

potatoman
October 21st, 2006, 18:18
Hint:
try somewhere here, there might be a copy of devhook 0.44 or something ;)(still 2.71 emulation) but i dunno... :rolleyes:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0W2IGM5F:D

ICE
October 21st, 2006, 18:38
potatoman, you are the king of spam. try editing your posts and not just re posting over and over.

anyways, you definitely need devhook. IR Shell is also a very good app but its really only worth it when your using it in conjunction with harely g's custom firmware because you can have it boot IR Shell at start. harely g's is great but i DOES flash so be careful if you decide to use it. i think thats all.

MikeDX
October 21st, 2006, 18:43
Keep up the devhook talk and the thread will be deleted and warnings given out.

M!ckeY
October 21st, 2006, 19:06
since when is has Devhook talk been bad, just wondering?

MikeDX
October 21st, 2006, 19:18
I had to edit this post

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=255903&postcount=10

to remove the iso comments.

jak66
October 21st, 2006, 19:30
since when is has Devhook talk been bad, just wondering?
i was wondering that myself, but i guess if there was someone talking about ISOs i guess thats what mike ment by devhook, the iso version of it

M!ckeY
October 21st, 2006, 19:32
I had to edit this post

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=255903&postcount=10

to remove the iso comments.

whoa, are you like an undr cover mod? :eek:

MikeDX
October 21st, 2006, 19:39
Look guys, I'm just like you, I love hacking the psp and enjoying the benefits of other firmwares.. Just dont talk about isos :)

potatoman
October 21st, 2006, 19:43
we arent, were talking about emulating 2.71 to play commercial UMD's, one guy started on about isos, and Mr. Denny said that he didnt want any right at the first post, so whats the big deal? I'm a bit new to dcemu but i dont see anyone on about iso's. Unless u mean devhook talk is illegal on the boards too?

Mr.Denny
October 21st, 2006, 23:03
Hint:
try somewhere here, there might be a copy of devhook 0.44 or something ;)(still 2.71 emulation) but i dunno... :rolleyes:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0W2IGM5F:D

I`m having major trouble understanding that readme. I mean which folders do i put where?. I put the 2.71 folder in my PSP and the devhook one in my GAME folder. I loaded dehook and it said it couldn`t load. :confused:

I know i`m doing it wrong but that readme is pretty confusing. :(

Look guys, I'm just like you, I love hacking the psp and enjoying the benefits of other firmwares.. Just dont talk about isos :)

Apart from that newbie guy none of us mentioned ISOs. I don`t know where you`re getting that from to be quite hones.

BL4Z3D247
October 21st, 2006, 23:11
I`m having major trouble understanding that readme. I mean which folders do i put where?. I put the 2.71 folder in my PSP and the devhook one in my GAME folder. I loaded dehook and it said it couldn`t load. :confused:

I know i`m doing it wrong but that readme is pretty confusing. :(
the "dh" folder goes on the root of ur MS, the "devook" and "devhook%" go in the GAME folder...the firmware dumps go in the "dh" folder

NoQuarter
October 21st, 2006, 23:14
Do you have your firmware dump Mr.Denny?
The dh folder goes in the root of your memstick,that will have your firmwares in it.The kxploited devhook eboot goes in the game folder.
Also I believe you can dump the firmware yourself using psardumper.

EDIT:oops, sorry blazed your post poped up as soon as I submitted mine

Mr.Denny
October 21st, 2006, 23:20
Ok guys, in the root of my stick i have a DH folder, in there i have my 2.71 dump. Then, in my GAME folder i have %__SCE__DH_ENG and __SCE__DH_ENG. However, when i go to boot them it says "Cant load/start devhook".

:(

NoQuarter
October 21st, 2006, 23:22
You make it to the devhook menu right?
A memory stick format would be a good idea :)
Also I believe you need the 2.6 dump as well.
If you do make it to the devhook menu make sure you have it set to the right firmware check your devhook options.
Post your devhook settings if you can make it to the menu.

Mr.Denny
October 21st, 2006, 23:28
i`m afraid it doesn`t get to the menu. It just says "Cant load/start devhook" in the top left of the screen. That still happened when i popped the 2.60 dump into the dh folder too.

NoQuarter
October 21st, 2006, 23:30
Your copy of devhook may be bad,find a fresh copy of .46.Also definitly reformat the memstick.Are you launching from the XMB or another shell?
I think some versions of IRSHELL have probs launching devhook.

Mr.Denny
October 21st, 2006, 23:41
I`m launching it from the main screen. And after i had problems with Potatomans devhook copy i`m now trying "devhook .46 ultimate installer".

I`ll format my card and see what i can do.

Also, can i emulate 2.71 straight away or do i have to go for 2.6 first?

Thanks for the help :)

M!ckeY
October 21st, 2006, 23:43
that should work just fine. That's what i used and it worked like a charm. :)

NoQuarter
October 21st, 2006, 23:44
Cool,you'll get it :)

Mr.Denny
October 21st, 2006, 23:49
that should work just fine. That's what i used and it worked like a charm. :)

So i should go for installing 2.6 first?

Here`s a screenshot of the auto installer, any idea on how i should go about this?.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/9774/dh1ot6.jpg

Sorry for all the questions but when it comes to devhook i`m as clueless as a cabbage.:confused:

M!ckeY
October 21st, 2006, 23:53
there is no need for 2.60, i only have 2.71 and it works fine. So just go for the first option "Devhook 0.46 with 2.71 Firmware"

NoQuarter
October 22nd, 2006, 00:08
What the heck is going on with this thread?
There was no illegal discussion here was there?

Mr.Denny
October 22nd, 2006, 00:16
Got it working!

Thanks guys, DCemy really is filled to the arsehole with really nice and helpfull people. :D

M!ckeY
October 22nd, 2006, 00:19
lol, well good luck. if you have any more questions let us know :D

NoQuarter
October 22nd, 2006, 00:32
No prob,welcome to 1.5 :)

Mr.Denny
October 22nd, 2006, 12:53
Thanks again :)

I thought this thread was deleted. WE weren`t talking about anything illegal. I mean, DCemu posts news about Devhook anyway.

mesosade
October 22nd, 2006, 13:26
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38501&highlight=mesosade%27s+sourlime
It's EVERYTHING you'll need for your 1.5 psp!

Mr.Denny
October 22nd, 2006, 13:28
Thanks, that should be very handy. :)

mesosade
October 22nd, 2006, 13:31
no probs :D

samuelc38
October 23rd, 2006, 15:34
Hello to every body in the forum my name is Oscar and I have an unusual situation with my PSP on devhook. I’m a newbie so I will try to explain my self the best I can. I downgrade my PSP successfully to 1.5 and install Devhook 0.46 plus SDK in it. I try 2 games and works ok, but when I try the Lego Star Wars Trilogy it comes up first screen you now ready to click on the X button I start the game and the light blink like is booting and them BLACK is not freeze because I click on the Home button and the PSP ask me “do you want to quick the game” is like my PSP believe that he actually load the game! I click Home and he go back to the original menu. The same thing happens with my Infected game. Also I try to change my CPU clock from 222 to 333 to se if this solve the problem but then it Freeze. Do you have any idea that what I’m doing wrong?

Appreciated any help