PDA

View Full Version : capcom dpad adapter

qskint
October 21st, 2006, 14:52
where can i get a capcom adapter to go over the dpad for fighting games? or similar, dunno if some are better than others?
im not sure if ive even got this right =)
thanks

potatoman
October 21st, 2006, 15:24
it comes in the box with certain capcom games (street fighter alpha max 3, US/JAP edition mainly)

qskint
October 21st, 2006, 15:41
someone want to sell me one? or are all the generic ones on ebay the same?

Baboon
October 21st, 2006, 17:06
It's a cheap fix, but well worth it. I got mine with SF Alpha3, but check on ebay you can get em dirt cheap (there all pretty much the same):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PSP-2-Replacement-Analog-Stick-Enhance-Direction-D-Pad_W0QQitemZ280037428817QQihZ018QQcategoryZ127743 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-SONY-PSP-Street-Fighter-fighting-D-pad-analog-pad_W0QQitemZ250039049575QQihZ015QQcategoryZ127746 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'd say it's a must have purchase if you playing any of NJ's emulators (its great for pulling off all the SF special combo moves). :D

I found that the sticky pads that come with the pad are a bit cack though and wear off after a liitle while, but I got some plastic glue and stuck it to my psp about 3 months ago and its still going strong! :)

tuta
October 21st, 2006, 18:12
Do a d-pad mod!
Those adapters suck big time and it looks ugly I have done it and trust me its better then those ugly adapters

http://ufighterx.com/guides/videogame/pspdpadfix/pspdpadfix.htm

ACID
October 21st, 2006, 18:19
Do a d-pad mod!
Those adapters suck big time and it looks ugly I have done it and trust me its better then those ugly adapters

http://ufighterx.com/guides/videogame/pspdpadfix/pspdpadfix.htm
I agree with toto. its the same thing i have done to all my psp and it works great , plus psp still looks the same and not clunky.

Baboon
October 21st, 2006, 18:24
I dont think I'd be confident enough to take my beloved PSP apart though.

I reckon he D-pad adapter is the safer/easier option.

Accordion
October 21st, 2006, 18:26
instead of doing the d-pad mod as the link says, get some masking tape and make a piece about 6 layers high, then cut squares just big enough to cover the underside of the d-pad directions. then just stick them onto each direction button. and put back together.

tuta
October 21st, 2006, 18:33
I agree with toto. its the same thing i have done to all my psp and it works great , plus psp still looks the same and not clunky.

its tuta not toto dude

instead of doing the d-pad mod as the link says, get some masking tape and make a piece about 6 layers high, then cut squares just big enough to cover the underside of the d-pad directions. then just stick them onto each direction button. and put back together.

can post a pic of that mod:D

Oh and sometimes those adapters just drop off out of no reasons and the worst part is lots of psp case wont fit with adapters for example the logitech ones

Accordion
October 21st, 2006, 18:44
well its internal, so no...

its almost the same as the original d-pad mod, except instead of messing around cutting out a cross with a hole in the middle, and gluing it to the d-pad. you simply layer some tape on a glossy surface(to retain the stickyness) and then cut four little squares to stick onto the ends of the dpad, you get exactly the same added thickness effect

Baboon
October 21st, 2006, 18:57
Oh and sometimes those adapters just drop off out of no reasons and the worst part is lots of psp case wont fit with adapters for example the logitech ones

As I said in my first post just use a drop of plastic glue instead of the supplied pads and the dpad is good to go (and its stayed on mine for months now without any problems).

I've got the Logiteeh case. It didnt fit at first, but I just cut a circle out of the rubber part (underneath the top clear plastic casing). ..now it fits snug and you can see the dpad under the clear casing. :)

To be honest it sucks that any of us have got to do these things to make our psp's play properly. Sony screwed up big time with the design.

Lodis
October 21st, 2006, 23:01
If you are too lazy to do the cutting yourself, you can also buy the a Dpad fix kit on Ebay for a few dollars. This also includes ones for the shoulder buttons. I have done this internal Dpad mod on my Psp and it really makes a huge difference. I used to use the external one but when it becomes warm, it just falls off and leaves glue. Do a search for ''Dpad fix'' on Ebay and you will see.

NoQuarter
October 21st, 2006, 23:08
I got a dpad adaptor with Tekken DR.It is a little bulky but fortunetly it still fits in my case with no adverse pressure on the dpad.Sorry to say the up on my dpad is starting to go, so I'm gonna replace the rubber pad inside and possibly do a new faceplate.Maybe this will be a good time to do an internal mod on the dpad.