PDA

View Full Version : Indies furious over Old Republic collector's edition

wraggster
January 2nd, 2012, 21:40
Independent games retailers are in uproar having missed out on stocking the GAME-exclusive £130 edition of Star Wars: The Old Republic.
The monthly subscription-based PC MMO developed by BioWare and published by EA hit stores as early as December 15th. The collector’s edition – featuring a statue, map, journal, metal case, soundtrack and extra in-game content – was exclusive to GAME.
“I cannot believe it,” Simon Mitchell from Eclipse Home Entertainment told MCV. “I am so mad. I had customers asking about this and now they’re going to shop elsewhere. Even if I had only sold five of the collector’s editions, that’s five customers who might not come back.
“But it’s not GAME’s fault. Just give me a level playing field.”
Store manager Julie White from That’z Entertainment in Romford added: “It’s unfair the collector’s edition is only available at GAME and Gamestation. We would’ve got more orders. And it means I’ve lost £130 ten or 12 times. It’s absolute madness.”
Others are more understandable of the exclusive SKU.
CHIPS MD Don McCabe told MCV: “As long as we had the standard edition, I might not be happy about it, but I understand it. What pisses me off big style is a complete lockout which is market abuse.
“The Skyrim guide was only available to GAME and I find that completely out of order."

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/indies-furious-over-old-republic-collector-s-edition/088732