PDA

View Full Version : Samba de Maracas question

Gryzor
October 22nd, 2006, 07:40
Hello guys...

I'm thinking of buying a set of maracas, seeing how it has received rave reviews...

Before splashing out, though, I'd like to know if it'll work for my setup; the reason is that, between my tv and the couch there's scarcely a 2-meter distance. So my question is, do the sensors work within such a short distance?

Thanks everyone!
Gryzor

donj
October 22nd, 2006, 12:51
the maraca sensor dont depend on how far or close to the tv. the sensors are in the shakers and on the top part of the mat. you just need enough room to stand up to follow what is on the tv screen.

Gryzor
October 23rd, 2006, 07:18
Ah, thanks so much. I thought - I had seen something that looked like a couple of sensors at the ends of a rod, like maybe motion sensors, so I was wondering how far they should be from you...

Cheers
Gryzor

donj
October 24th, 2006, 03:20
you should be in a standing position on a plastic mat when playing (the feet positions are marked). the samba program has height setting and you just choose the one you are closest to so the sensors on the rod is in more or less fixed position. its just like the one in the arcades.

Gryzor
October 24th, 2006, 06:55
Mmm, thanks again... I think I was thrown off by third-party maracas that appear to lack the pad in various auctions, and there are only sensors...

Cheers
Gryzor

ßüboni¢ $oñic
October 24th, 2006, 17:03
are there anything simular 2 the maraccas on ps2 or 1?