PDA

View Full Version : Virtua Racing on Dgen?

Baboon
October 22nd, 2006, 17:54
Has anybody managed to get 'Virtua Racing' working on Dgen? ...I've tried but all I get is a black screen. :(

I know that most games do run on the emulator, but is this game even supported?

Answers on a postcard please. :)

Mr.Denny
October 22nd, 2006, 18:06
Dear Baboon,

Isn`t that on the 32X?

I think most rom sites list the 32X games in the Genisis sections. Maybe i`m wrong or perhaps it just can`t support it like you said.

Yours sincerly Mr.Denny

Baboon
October 22nd, 2006, 18:15
Nah the original console coversion was released on the megadrive/genesis in 94.

odino
October 22nd, 2006, 19:17
Virtua Racing has a special chip on cartridge... I think Dgen doesn't support it

JKKDARK
October 22nd, 2006, 19:30
@ Mr.Denny: The 32X version is called Virtua Racing Deluxe ;)

@ odino: Yeah, it has an Digital signal processor called Sega Virtua Processor. I don't know if it can be emulated.

quzar
October 22nd, 2006, 20:09
It can be emulated, but to my knowledge that hasn't happened yet. It wasn't that popular a game, and the chip is custom (from all known accounts).

Baboon
October 22nd, 2006, 20:42
Cheers for the info guys. :)

I know it's not the greatest game (although I thought it was pretty good for the Megadrive), but seeing as we wont ever see a 32X or Saturn version on PSP I was hoping it might have worked via Dgen.

Maybe the chip emulation will be sorted in a future release? ...even if it is only for just one game! lol

quzar
October 22nd, 2006, 21:59
Even so, it would increase the strain on the emulator greatly. Untill genesis emulation on the psp is way past fullspeed, this won't be feasible.