PDA

View Full Version : need help with neo geo emulator (metal slug)

lmtlmt
October 23rd, 2006, 12:57
the blood in the game used to be red, but know its sorta bluey white, does anybody know whats wrong or how i can fix it?

althena77
October 23rd, 2006, 14:20
This is easily fixed, you just have to change the settings of the DIP switches in the menu of the mvs arcade board.

During the game press L+R+Select to enter the menu of the MVS board. Here choose "Setting up the Soft DIP". Next select "Slot1 Metal Slug". Here you can change some settings of the game like difficulty and you can turn on/off the blood.

Chib
October 23rd, 2006, 16:23
i luv metal slug!

Baboon
October 23rd, 2006, 18:49
This is easily fixed, you just have to change the settings of the DIP switches in the menu of the mvs arcade board.

During the game press L+R+Select to enter the menu of the MVS board. Here choose "Setting up the Soft DIP". Next select "Slot1 Metal Slug". Here you can change some settings of the game like difficulty and you can turn on/off the blood.

Hey top tip! :D ...I didnt even realise there was a dip switch setting for blood on this game!

Are there any other MVS or CPS fighting games that have a similar option for more gore, that are not normaly set up when you first boot the game?

lmtlmt
October 24th, 2006, 07:22
no that doesnt work, L is to go to the menu and theres no DIP, im using NEOCDPSP 0.5

althena77
October 24th, 2006, 13:43
no that doesnt work, L is to go to the menu and theres no DIP, im using NEOCDPSP 0.5

Of course it does work, as long as you use a NeoGeo emulator what I thought you do, after reading the your topic of this thread ;)
But now I see we are not talking about NeoGeo emulation but NeoGeo CD emulation. Here the only way to make the blood look red is to set the region of the emulated NeoGeo CD to Japan. Press L during the game and go to "Game Configuration" -> "Machine Region". Here select Japan, if you select Europe or USA the blood will be grey/white.

@Baboon: I am not really sure, the only game where this really disturbed me all the time were the Metal Slugs as the blood looked white. If it would have just missed, maybe I wouldn't even have noticed or at least not bothered. But it wouldn't surprise me if there are a few more games where you can change the level of the violence, maybe later I can check. I would start with the Samurai Showdown and Last Blade games ;)

lmtlmt
October 25th, 2006, 06:48
thnx that fixed it, but why is the usa and europe blood white?