PDA

View Full Version : Something interesting, to do with banjo kazooie DS...

chemical
October 24th, 2006, 12:46
Hey,

Whilst I was randomly looking/hoping for Banjo DS I found the usual photoshop boxarts, but what I found interesting is one is from rares official site, the page of the old scribes has been deleted so annoyingly you cannot see what it said, but heres the link anyway:

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.rareware.com/extra/scribes/21dec05/Banjo-KazooieDS.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.rareware.com/extra/scribes/21dec05/index.html&h=450&w=503&sz=49&hl=en&start=8&tbnid=XybTkB90rdU9FM:&tbnh=116&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbanjo%2Bkazooie%2Bds%26svnum%3D10%26h l%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN

As you can see, its from www.rareware.com scribe section.

MikeDX
October 24th, 2006, 12:53
http://66.249.93.104/search?hl=en&rls=GGGL%2CGGGL%3A2006-19%2CGGGL%3Aen&q=cache%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.rareware.com%2Fextra%2F scribes%2F21dec05%2Findex.html&btnG=Search&meta=

there ya go, google cache ;)

chemical
October 24th, 2006, 13:51
ah, thanks, but... dissapointment ;(.

I kind of knew it would probably be nothing, but man I want Banjo back with Nintendo...

JD/
October 24th, 2006, 15:00
Dont we all stupid microsoft buying rare we would be getting a good 007 and an awesome conkers bad fur day for the wii. :(

kyus
October 24th, 2006, 15:24
Uh... I'm a pretty huge nintendo/rare fan... and I don't give a rats ass about banjo on the ds. The gba effort was horrible, and I'm thankful that banjo threeie is coming to the 360, as I'm a graphics whore.

Rare are producing diddy kong racing for the ds, and who knows what else. Just be sure that there's to be more rare platformers on the horizon.

As for virtual console support from them? Again... who cares. Play it in PJ64, along with the other rare titles. You can actually see the point where they began to suck.... (hint... it's called banjo tooie, and they REALLY followed through with the wet fart that was conker)

Rare are decent again. I was happy with Kameo, but didn't think much of perfect dark zero. Still, I have faith in them for the future at least. I do hope to god there'll be no more grabbed by the ghoulies or perfect dark games however.

chemical
October 24th, 2006, 17:25
wtf, man how can you be glad its on 360, did you see what they've done to banjo?! I like pretty graphics, but when it comes to games I love, if there not broken, don't fix them, if something is fun but has flaws, fix the flaws but keep what is good where it is (to an extent... i'm not suggesting we never upgraded space invaders graphics or something, sure give banjo HD, but keep him the same) I have no doubt it will lose so much of its greatness thanks to xbox, the main reason im peeved though is because i'm not buying one, yes im a huge banjo fan, but its not worth the console price.. seeing as I don't want anything else xbox has to offer.

And its obvious why I care about Banjo on DS, DS IS LIKE A N64, and N64 is where Banjo comes from.
I know GBA Banjo was horrible because the gba is quite horrible itself, but its been proved with almost all releases that the DS can play exact N64 games, or even improved. I'd love ports of banjo k and twooie, and hell a threeie too.

Don't worry, I play banjo on my pc alot but I want a portable one for on the go (and because my DS is my current video game love that I want everything for..) and I also want new banjos whether its on the DS or a home console, but a home console I actually want! >;0.. It doesn't suit xbox, it just looks wrong. Imagine in a few years Halo wasn't allowed on Xbox and it was on PS3/4. It would just suck, alot like this sucking... To me Banjo was as much a part of my N64 as Mario or Yoshi was.

I hope Rare does the DS right with good old Banjo, and if they don't give it Threeie, maybe.. just maybe if i was incredibly desprete and Mr. Wallet was getting incredibly fat... I'd buy a Xbox 360.

God why can't Microsoft just **** off and give Rare to Nintendo as a christmas gift or something?

kyus
October 24th, 2006, 18:29
They had to change banjos look. Banjos 3d image was not much different to the n64 model, and even current generation consoles could easily emulate that look.

I like his new image, and I love kazooie's. She actually looks feminine now.

I got my 360 premium pack in flawless condition with 2 wireless controls and a TS drive from cash generator for £160. Cheaper than the price of the wii. Check your local pawnies and you might find an awesome deal.

If you want portable n64 games, then you should've gotten a psp. Playable n64 emulation isn't far off.

Also, incase you can't come to terms with this, Microsoft OWN rare. Banjo threeie has NO chance of EVER appearing on ds, due to the fact that it will sell in huge amounts. Banjo Kazooie only came out on GBA because it was an almost complete build of a game that existed before Microsoft bought them out. Note the only rareware games that were newly developed since then have been ports of all the donkey kong games. Yes, banjo pilot was just diddy kong pilots engine. You may get lucky and see donkey kong 64 getting a ds port, but I doubt it.

chemical
October 24th, 2006, 18:55
Theres no reason banjo won't be on DS, Rare have a deal with DS to make games, the idea is to make games that sell BIG to make BIG MONEY. Microsoft hardly say "yes, lets have Rare make games for DS, but make sure there not very good and we don't get much money from them, that'll be good" if that was there intention they would of just forbid Rare to make for DS in the first place..... Rethink and possibly retype your reply if you want it to sound atall realistic.