PDA

View Full Version : *DOWNLOAD* Full DS Doom IWADS, can load multiple wads, etc. Goldeneye, Star Wars, CSS

chemical
October 24th, 2006, 14:38
Hey

Well I did this awhile ago for myself and figured I could upload it for other people, to save time and testing.
First note I didn't create any of the DS Doom port or these Wads, I just compiled them into IWADs. Also note its been done with freedoom and the shareware depending on the wad, so its not illegally uploaded.

Ok, well first you need to already have DS Doom up and working on your card, if you simply want one wad and thats it, just pick a wad, name it "doom" and overwrite your old one. But if you would like to have your current doom and these dooms on your DS (which is the whole idea of why I did this) this is what you do, i've made it pretty simple so I doubt there'll be any probs:

Go into the Goldeneye, Star Wars and Counterstrike folders depending on if you want them all or not (in the CSS folder there is a CSS2 wad, this is not needed, it only loads the CSSS wad which is the counterdoom wad, the css2 is a imo inferior wad, but if you want to try it out you can swap the names and use that instead), dump all the files from each folder on the root of your card... The End.

They will all load on there own just don't rename the wads, you can however rename the .nds files to whatever you want.

1 Last thing to remember, they will all use the prboom, etc. files on your card so make sure you save each game on a different slot, even if your saves from other games don't show up.

http://www.egoshare.com/cc9dd9b75a2a89e81f0b8c8dec2a34cf/doomiwadsrar

Chemical

chemical
October 24th, 2006, 22:19
Ok so its been downloaded be 4 people here already, and not one of you replies?, meh w/e.

Mourningstar
October 24th, 2006, 23:05
And where did you get those WADs? ;)

Shame I cant enjoy them on my G6....

Knux896
October 24th, 2006, 23:10

I believe these are all fan made wads.

Unfortunately they don't work on the Max Media Dock either.

EDIT:I mean the included .nds files don't work, not that the WADS are incompatible.

kcajblue
October 25th, 2006, 00:08
chemical, please dont double post. use the edit button.

Junixx
October 25th, 2006, 00:24
I'm downloading these now...will edit this when I try them out

:Edit:

Thanks man, these are awesome :D

Mewgia
October 25th, 2006, 00:36
This works on the GBA MP, correct? I so, thanks a lot. I'll download those now and test them as soon as I get my new MP. >.> (My old one bricked... wah.)

chemical
October 25th, 2006, 14:26
chemical, please dont double post. use the edit button.

Dude you are incredibly annoying, you act as if you run this place, I didn't "double post", I posted two different replies... its hardly the worlds greatest crime.

lol, if you're thinking I just nicked your PSP wads, thats not the case, I don't know if you know or not but you have to compile all wads with the IWAD for it to work on DS, so i downloaded the wads from Doom Wad Station and compiled with various IWADs until i got them to work, if people want to do this themselves and reply with an upload that would be cool, but its a bit hit and miss. I attempted the Quake ones a few times and just couldn't get them working.

Anyways glad its working for a few of you, about MMP/G6, yeah it won't work unless DS Doom does, get that all sorted out first, then add this to the already working doom. Aslong as your regular DS Doom is full working, this is basically guaranteed to work, theres no reason why it won't.

kcajblue
October 25th, 2006, 15:14
Dude you are incredibly annoying, you act as if you run this place, I didn't "double post", I posted two different replies... its hardly the worlds greatest crime.i know im annoying when it comes to double posts. but that doesnt matter. even if they were two different posts its still a double post. that would be like me posting two posts in a row in the same thread saying two different things

chemical
October 25th, 2006, 18:21
i know im annoying when it comes to double posts. but that doesnt matter. even if they were two different posts its still a double post. that would be like me posting two posts in a row in the same thread saying two different things

I know, and that would just be madness! :eek:

:rolleyes:

kcajblue
October 26th, 2006, 02:12
extreme madness!

Junixx
October 26th, 2006, 02:38
Aww the CSS Wad only goes to Italy :(

Duobix
October 26th, 2006, 17:23
These existing wads are nice, but I'd like to see more!
Somebody saw anywhere a wad from gta?

Mourningstar
November 3rd, 2006, 20:59
lol, if you're thinking I just nicked your PSP wads, thats not the case, I don't know if you know or not but you have to compile all wads with the IWAD for it to work on DS, so i downloaded the wads from Doom Wad Station and compiled with various IWADs until i got them to work, if people want to do this themselves and reply with an upload that would be cool, but its a bit hit and miss. I attempted the Quake ones a few times and just couldn't get them working.

Actually I was hoping you did...make me feel usefull!:rolleyes:

So you basically did what I did....just made them compatible?

Really wish I could use them...

Tetris999
November 4th, 2006, 03:44
lol the kirby brotha is goin aint he? yeah im checkn these things out

NuclearShark
November 9th, 2006, 03:57
please pardon my ignorace but how do you compile the wad to make the iwad and how do you make the .nds. if its too much to explain than that is ok i understand. thanx anyway. i just wanted to get to have doom and doom 2 on the same mini sd card

r0cky
November 24th, 2006, 10:23
Hey there, i only registered here because maybe you could like the person before allready asked help me out how to convert pwads into compatible iwads... i haven't yet figured that out, and it would be nice if you could tell us how you did it? Maybe with some links to the the tools you used.
Thanks! :thumbup:

chemical
November 24th, 2006, 16:11
Hey, sorry guys I saw that reply and totally forgot.

Well I can't remember exactly what I did, but theres a few keywords that will help you out.

In order to have multiple NDS Dooms on your DS all you do is copy the Doom.nds, then, using a Hex Editor (< keyword) you edit it to look for "blue.wad" instead of "doom.wad", etc. I was clueless about this until "iball" posted a helpful reply:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31584&page=8

Scroll to the last reply.

Now to compile regular wads with the Iwad, sorry I can't remember the name of the program I used, but just goolgle "Doom Wad Compiler" and search around, you're bound to find the right thing in minutes, theres Pwads and Iwads, and Iwad is the entire game, Shareware Doom, Doom 1 or Doom 2. The Pwads are just small wads that replace a few things, which are what you'll find on the net as "hacks" You need to find the Pwad you want to use, see which version of Doom it is compatable with, then find the compatable Doom Iwad (not easy). And compile them.

Its a bit hit and miss but hopefully you guys will figure it out. If you successfully compile any wads please upload them and post them here!!

TheGUN
November 26th, 2006, 12:21
CS? lol!

I've been downloading this thing for days now! Anyone have a better mirror?

*sigh*... 0.1kb/s :(

*EDIT*

Stoped at 0.4%

chemical
November 26th, 2006, 13:09
Wow, is your PC made of wood or something? ;-[

Egoshare is generally very fast, i've downloaded large files and it takes a few minutes, i've also not heard anyone else have this problem with my upload, if you have msn or aim i can also send you it directly.

TheGUN
November 26th, 2006, 14:54
Yeah? I dont know why its so slow... been fighting with it since last night, got it to 10% now :P

If you could send it to me over MSN I whould be very happy! :D

My adress is *** (yep, at hotmail, dont want to type the whole adress you see)

Thanks in advance ;)

*EDIT*

Thaaaaank you! Theyre awesome! Worth it guys ;)

sugarspun58
December 5th, 2006, 19:32
hey chem,

I have problems downloading too....

could you skype (not MSN its too slow!) it for us please mate?????? (please, please, please!!!)

cheers :)

bobtheninjaoffood
July 12th, 2007, 04:25
when i try to run star wars doom, or any other doom.wad, all i get is "Check IWAD tag. doom.wad not present." whats up with that?

chemical
July 15th, 2007, 16:03
hey chem,

I have problems downloading too....

could you skype (not MSN its too slow!) it for us please mate?????? (please, please, please!!!)

cheers :)

Sorry mate, I forgot about this thread and I see you posted this quite some time ago, I'll assume you hopefully got the files in the end, if you didn't and still want them reply again here and i'll send them to ya :thumbup:

when i try to run star wars doom, or any other doom.wad, all i get is "Check IWAD tag. doom.wad not present." whats up with that?

It sounds to me like you've done something wrong here, are you sure you are now clicking the NEW .nds files, if you want the star wars doom you must be opening the star wars- doom.nds file, NOT your doomds.nds.

- DS Doom must already be fully working on your DS unedited, exactly how it should be.

- You must copy every file from the Star Wars Doom folder.

- You must open the correct star wars .nds

XDelusion
July 15th, 2007, 17:29
I didn't realize anyone else was looking into this, I'll download them and have a look. So far with what I've uploaded, things have seemed to work fine, until you save, then it's 50x50. Either it saves, or your DS goes black...

...must be a resource issue.

Anyhow, I'm eager to see what's in the file you uploaded. :)

rpglover101
July 16th, 2007, 00:11

whenever I try to run the 007 Goldeneye 64.nds, I get:

check IWAD tag: ge64.wad not present

when it is. I didn't rename it, it's in the root. this happens for all wad/nds pairings but with the filename substituted (csss.wad, what ever the star wars wad is named.wad, etc.) but dsdoom works fine. I dunno how to fix it.

edit: the whole screen:

survived graphics init.
Unable to initialize media device!

Choose your game type

Standard game
DS Doom v2.4.2 (http://prbdoom.sourcforge.net/)
m_LoadDefaults: Load system defaults.
default fine: prboom.cfg
default fine: prboom.cfg
IWAD found: /csss.wad
IWAD found: /csss.wad
CheckIWAD: IWAD tag /csss.wad not present

XDelusion
July 16th, 2007, 02:00
Did you guys try patching the Exe with DLSI or using another version of DOOM for the DS?

TeenDev
July 16th, 2007, 02:55
please for the love of god do not bring back very old threads...

crookedmouth
July 19th, 2007, 03:49
I'm glad they did. I never would have seen this.
I tried compiling IWADs for prboom and could never get them to work.

XDelusion
July 19th, 2007, 06:50
I've spent the last two weeks doing nothing but...

There's something about working in a limited re-source enviroment that's very addicting! :)

w00tman X
July 20th, 2007, 04:15
Hm, now this old thread is back...

I have a problem.

So, I load up CD:S... I choose Killer mode.
I play through Dust. All is fine.
I play through Dust II. All is fine.
w00t! Assault! My favorite CS map!
I hit 'B' to start the map and... Boom.
Black screen.

I tried this 5 times, on all the difficulty levels, and got the same result each time.

So, I put Goldeneye on.
I play through the first stage...
Black screen on second stage.

Is there any way to fix this? I tried activating "Precache" in the config file, which worked for a bit... But black screen'd when I died on assault.

I am using a M3 DS Simply (I also tried with DSOrganize HB Launcher, which made it last a little longer), if that helps.

Oh well, at least I can use 'em with Doom Legacy.

XDelusion
July 20th, 2007, 06:04
I was going to dabble with Golden Eye and see if I can not find a way to merge Wads into a bare bones FreeDOOM iWAD to keep things resource friendly, but I've had my head to deep in my project as of late to take time out to experiement.

I'll check into it soon!

chemical
July 20th, 2007, 06:19
Yes the freezing/crashing at certain points, usually when loading a new level is common, and I'm sorry to say I really don't know how to fix it, I know how to compile WAD's, but I don't about the actual DS Doom runnings itself, so I can't help anybody including myself with that.

crookedmouth
July 20th, 2007, 12:35
While I was getting this running, I changed the mmd_dsdoom.nds to create 4 different loaders.Starwars,Goldeneye, and 2 CS ones. So MMD people can switch mods without renaming.
Download
http://www.mediafire.com/?amvngnzyohn

w00tman X
July 20th, 2007, 15:43
Well, ok. You do that. I wish I could help you, but I know VERY little about Doom's inner workings.

Anyways, I think the problem has something to do with large open spaces on the DS? Because Assault is quite large, and when playing Doom on DSDoom, Large areas (e.g. Some areas in Mt. Erebus) often slow to a crawl.

I hope you can get things worked out, as I'd like to start making maps/mods for it.

Good luck with your project ;)

EDIT: Now I think about it... Would having FREEDoom on there make a difference?

XDelusion
July 21st, 2007, 01:21
crookedmouth: Do I need to rename my iWADs to use these executables?

w00tmanX: I've been using FreeDOOM as the base of my project, and it acts the same as commercial DOOM.

I think the amount of enemies can have a baring on how the game handles as well, which is why I will be restricting the amount of corpses that are left behind in the Star Wars DS project. That will hopefully take care of some lock up issues.

I will also play around with large areas and see how it handles those.

So who is coding this anyhow?

crookedmouth
July 21st, 2007, 01:43
well the .nds files I posted are for the MaxMedia Dock version of dsdoom. chemical changed the regular dsdoom.nds loaders in his download. keep the name of the wads as they are in chemicals original post. It was a great idea by chemical. I think I might do some for doom2,final doom, tnt and plutonium.

XDelusion
July 21st, 2007, 04:26
So you can add custom names or rather tell the executable to look for an iWAD by a different name?

Is there a limit to how many could be set up?

crookedmouth
July 21st, 2007, 04:55
Exactly, you open the dsdoom.nds in a hex editor. Search for doom.wad and replace it with say swdo.wad(which is starwars doom). This is why chemical named his wads using 4 digits, to easily edit the text.

The limit would be, only the amount of wads and executables you could fit on your card.

You could also edit this to have dsdoom look for the wad in another location or whatnot.

XDelusion
July 21st, 2007, 11:05
Aghh ha, thank you for the information!

crookedmouth
July 22nd, 2007, 02:01
No problem XDelusion.
I checked out your starwars doom wad and must say it has a nice starwars universe feel to it. nice work, can't wait to see what you do with it.

XDelusion
July 22nd, 2007, 04:07
Well thank you! I've upped two Proof of concept demos, the latter with an early beta of an enemy (the Mach1) I've ripped from Jedi Knight - Jedi Outcast. Got a bit more time off work so I hope to have a lot more done with it soon!