PDA

View Full Version : 2.71 Special Edition Revision B out now

jak66
October 25th, 2006, 12:26
You may have seen it on other sites, but now its here as well. So what are the new features you ask, let me tell you

Load ISOs/CSOs from XMB (they appear in the game list)
Autoload eboot at startup from /psp/game/boot/eboot.pbp
All games (UMDs) now work
Force UMDs/ISOs to load through boot.bin
Run games on 1.50 kernal through GAME folder and on 2.71 kernal through GAME271 folder

So a big thank to Dark_AleX and everyone else who helped with this, and enjoy the alternative (someways better than 1.50, someways worse than 1,.50) golden firmware

Few things you must note though if your gonna use this;
"Autoload eboot at startup from /psp/game/boot/eboot.pbp", "Force UMDs/ISOs to load through boot.bin" and "Run games on 1.50 kernal through GAME folder and on 2.71 kernal through GAME271 folder" have to be set through recovery menu to work
MUST have a folder called iso on memory stick root, else the PSP will crash if you try to enter game folder
Autoload eboot is different from 1.50 custom firmware autoload. Rather than hold (insert button your custom firmware uses here) to autoload eboot it works like this;
If enabled it will automatically load the eboot. If disabled, it will load XMB.

Kramer
October 25th, 2006, 13:10
Yep it's out alright. But the main new featurse are ISO loading so I dont think we will see this on the main PSP page anytime soon.

Rocksil
October 25th, 2006, 13:22
does it still run 1.0 homebrew

jak66
October 25th, 2006, 13:25
Kramer: yea, its really bad to see that as the major update cause now people will try to use tis as there iso loader, then the forums will get spammed with "1 iz n00b, how does 1 load this !$0 with 2.71 SE-B???" plus the autoload eboot thing isnt as good as 1 in 1.50 custom firmware (in my opinion)

Rocksil: yes it does

MikeDX
October 25th, 2006, 14:09
faaaackkkking hell

this is amazing.

sony, you can suck my balls, you have just been owned.

Kramer
October 25th, 2006, 14:34
faaaackkkking hell

this is amazing.

sony, you can suck my balls, you have just been owned.

lol.
Its pretty amazing what Dark_Alex can do and how fast he does what he does;)