PDA

View Full Version : Chankast

peens
October 25th, 2006, 12:32
ok so i have a problem. when i boot up chankast, i get to the menu. now i know its the menu becuase i know the controller, the memory card and the mucis symbol blah blah.. but, all i can see is the shapes, and some blotches of color? anyone know why its not being displayed properly? is it becuase my computer just sucks?

also do i need daemon tools to play everything?

JKKDARK
October 25th, 2006, 15:28
which is your video card?

oosername05
October 25th, 2006, 21:24
Hmm, I too have problems with Chankast Alpha v.025,
I get the error: "can't read TOC from k:drive"

--I also was wandering if Chankast could run the Cd images of emulators or apps so I could check if I made the correct image to burn without wasting CDs :)

JKKDARK
October 25th, 2006, 21:30

Use the xxx CD-ROM interface

--I also was wandering if Chankast could run the Cd images of emulators or apps so I could check if I made the correct image to burn without wasting CDs

No. Chankast has poor compatibility with any homebrew game/emulator.

peens
October 27th, 2006, 12:30
i have no idea what kind of video card i have, its probably not very good though. kinda sucks that i am computer illiterate with most things.

JKKDARK
October 27th, 2006, 20:27
i have no idea what kind of video card i have, its probably not very good though. kinda sucks that i am computer illiterate with most things.

ask to your friends, father or a brother...
Anyway, the problems that you have on Chankast must be because your video card is not good. The only thing that you can do is get a new PC ;)

SiZiOUS
October 27th, 2006, 23:27
ok so i have a problem. when i boot up chankast, i get to the menu. now i know its the menu becuase i know the controller, the memory card and the mucis symbol blah blah.. but, all i can see is the shapes, and some blotches of color? anyone know why its not being displayed properly? is it becuase my computer just sucks?

also do i need daemon tools to play everything?
can you post a screenshot of your Chankast window ? Because i never seen a problem like this.

are you trying to read a real cd-rom or from a virtual drive ?

--I also was wandering if Chankast could run the Cd images of emulators or apps so I could check if I made the correct image to burn without wasting CDs :)
Yes it can. Use BootDreams (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=21626) to generate a CDI file and mount it in Alcohol virtual drive (or Deamon Tools). Then run Chankast and choose your virtual drive as your emulated drive.

If Chankast displays SEGA logo, the disc is bootable, and depending of the proggy you are trying, you can try if it works well or not. But as JKKDARK said, the Chankast homebrew compatibilty is very poor (and nullDC, the successor of Chankast, has more much better homebrew compatibity).

peens
November 5th, 2006, 06:43
k here is a pic of it, it started to work a bit better this time that i opened it, but the things were fading in and out (note half the clock) anyway let me know what you think.

the pic is attached

JKKDARK
November 5th, 2006, 16:02
maybe because your integrated card. Then there's nothing that you can do if you use your actual pc.