PDA

View Full Version : UMD's not loading?

BL4Z3D247
October 25th, 2006, 22:55
ok this is my lil bro's problem and i'm trying to figure it out for him...
i can load emus, devhook, ect. but when i try a UMD it just shows the loading circle in the bottom left corner of the screen, also when i hard restart it the XMB doesn't load up but the background is there and when i open the door the XMB pops up so i know it's not a brick
any sugestions?

ohh yeh 1.5 fw(not custom), other than upgrading to 2.0(for GTA) and downgrading from 2.0 to 1.5 it hasn't been flashed

M!ckeY
October 25th, 2006, 23:04
I don't know man, this is the same thing that happened to my first psp....and is still that way. Good for homebrew though.

splodger15
October 25th, 2006, 23:06
i have heard of this before somewere try updating then downgrading it again

BL4Z3D247
October 25th, 2006, 23:06
ok will do

M!ckeY
October 25th, 2006, 23:09
that didn't work for me, and i updated to every firmware that could be downgraded.

Kramer
October 25th, 2006, 23:12
Could be a laser problem.

splodger15
October 25th, 2006, 23:17
Could be a laser problem.

Could may well be that

BL4Z3D247
October 25th, 2006, 23:27
yeh the update and downgrade is a no go, i figured it might be a laser problem...he doesn't take very good care of his baby like i do

Kramer
October 25th, 2006, 23:31
yeh the update and downgrade is a no go, i figured it might be a laser problem...he doesn't take very good care of his baby like i do

Yeah whoever thought it was a good idea to use a disc format in a handheld is pretty stupid.

BL4Z3D247
October 25th, 2006, 23:35
Yeah whoever thought it was a good idea to use a disc format in a handheld is pretty stupid.
well it is $ony, so i don't think anyone is surprised :)

BL4Z3D247
October 26th, 2006, 00:31
ok don't mean to double post, i found out what the problem was...the laser works but doesn't slide(left and right) on the little bar it's on, anyone know where i can find out how to swap out UMD drives?

AvengedSevenfold Fan
October 26th, 2006, 21:49

i think the disc format thing is kinda cool. i mean it is an accident waiting to happen, but everything these days in in disc format, its more futuristic. exept every other part of it sux, like the loading time. i think that the umds would be cooler without the plastic casing.

and as far as installing the umd drive goes, i dont think itll be that hard to figure out how to do. i installed a new xbox disc drive, just guessing as i want along. i dont think itll be too hard to do.

Robertlatacz
October 26th, 2006, 21:57
Thats what happened to me after downgrading you are going to have to replace the laser. They dont cost to much just look on ebay. Its also not that hard to install.

Vega
October 26th, 2006, 22:05
Worrying case of events though. If its a re-occuring problem.... I'm certainly gonna look after my PSP a little more.

BL4Z3D247
October 26th, 2006, 22:11
Worrying case of events though. If its a re-occuring problem.... I'm certainly gonna look after my PSP a little more.
like i said he doesn't take care of his psp like me and my other bro do...for exapmle he left his on the floor of the computer room and a chair was on it and my bro Ryan sat on the chair and left a nice dark circle in the screen, i've had mine as long as hes had his and mine is mint, although dust is getting under the screen but nothing my aero bed pump can't get rid of(ohh yeh i use my aero bed pump instead of a can of air...it's free :D)

thanx for the comments guys, appreciate it :)