PDA

View Full Version : PROBLEM with 2.71 SE-B lagging with CPS1 & 2 emulators

Apoklepz
October 26th, 2006, 00:43
Hello everyone...

I recently upgraded my firmware for the first time to 2.71 SE-B, released earlier this week. Everything is great so far, but I finally found out some flaws.

You see, the CPS1 & 2 emulator work but they lag an awful lot more than on regular 1.50 fw, when running larger games like Strider(CPS1) Progear(CPS2) or any of the highly acclaimed Capcom VS. trademark series(CPS2)...I just wanted to know if anyone besides me had come across these problems.

Mainly what's happening is that the memory stick is accessed for long periods of time while in-play, causing the games to become extremely choppy and lagging...makes me want to highly consider going back to old 1.50 fw again.

I've had these problems with both regular and kernel final updates of the CPS1 & CPS2 emulators.

Not to diss on Dark_Alex & crew, I think they've done a swell job with this custom firmware update, but it's just not meeting my demands when it comes the two emulators that I use the most.

Kramer
October 26th, 2006, 00:47
Ive never had any probs with daedulas might just be that emulator.

grit
October 26th, 2006, 00:48
Do you have it set to 333mhz?

Apoklepz
October 26th, 2006, 00:56
yes it's always 333mhz...I didn't mention Daedalus, it runs fine...the problem is with CPS2 and the games that require more bang from the PSP, like X-Men VS. Street Fighter, Progear, Marvel VS. Capcom, etc.

Do these games run fine for you guys in 1.50 kernel mode?

Kramer
October 26th, 2006, 00:59
Yeah I was just saying that large roms on Daedulas run fine I dont CPS2 so I wouldnt know about that.

Apoklepz
October 26th, 2006, 01:05
Yeah, LOZ:Ocarina seems to run like it used to in good ol' 1.50...but hey, that emulator doesn't yet have sound support. Marvel VS. Capcom lags horribly now...I only lagged a tiny bit on 1.50, so I don't know why it's doing this.

grit
October 26th, 2006, 01:26
Are you using the plain 1.00 eboot?

Festizzio
October 26th, 2006, 02:38
I just tried it, and it really doesn't seem laggier than it did before. Try turning the sound off.

Apoklepz
October 26th, 2006, 03:30
Are you using the plain 1.00 eboot?
Yes...but I did try all of them already, kernel or no kernel...they all seem to lag the same...BTW, the 1.50 eboots for this emulator show up as corrupt in 2.71 SE-B...I even fixed em up just to test them out, but the lag is still there.

I just tried it, and it really doesn't seem laggier than it did before. Try turning the sound off.

Well, that explains it! Thanks, but that's the first thing I tried and even though the sound is switched off it still lags more than it would whithout sound in regular 1.50 fw...because it keeps accesing the MS with long constant pauses....If you tested something like Super Puzzle Fighter II you're not gonna get any lagging because that's one of the games that plays solidly through without checking for texture cycles...Try Progear or any of the VS. games like X-men Vs. Street Fighter or Marvel Vs. Capcom...then you'll see the awful laging diference....If you don't see it, then you have to be kidding me, it lags like a bitch that's bad in bed, man.

BL4Z3D247
October 26th, 2006, 04:43
Apoklepz, are u sure u have the latest releases CPS1 & 2? that could be why it's so laggy(and i'm just trying to help u with the problem, not calling u stupid or anything) :)

Festizzio
October 26th, 2006, 04:53
That might be it. I was testing it with Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter (a 2v2 like MvC), and it, truthfully, does not lag more than it did on 1.5. Then again, the MS light isn't constantly blinking for me. I believe the latest version of CPS2 psp is 1.1.

BL4Z3D247
October 26th, 2006, 05:07
also Apok, what kind of MS are u using?(most likely a sandisk) but just had to ask, cuz if ur using a $ony one that might be what's causing the lagginess(just throwing suggestions out there, i don't know if that would make a difference or not)

Apoklepz
October 26th, 2006, 06:51
also Apok, what kind of MS are u using?(most likely a sandisk) but just had to ask, cuz if ur using a $ony one that might be what's causing the lagginess(just throwing suggestions out there, i don't know if that would make a difference or not)
Now that you mention it.....it is a 512mb $ony stick....but it never gave me this type of problem before, on 1.5O.....and yes, I do have the last update of CPS2psp installed...@ 333mhz....no sound....LAG, LAG, LAG, LAG...

BL4Z3D247
October 26th, 2006, 06:57
Now that you mention it.....it is a 512mb $ony stick....but it never gave me this type of problem before, on 1.5O.....and yes, I do have the last update of CPS2psp installed...@ 333mhz....no sound....LAG, LAG, LAG, LAG...
well that's weird...the $ony MS is most likely ur problem then, it's gotta be seeing how other people have tried the emus on 2.71SE-B and say they run like they did on 1.5

althena77
October 26th, 2006, 07:35
I switched to 2.71 SE-B from before harleyg's custom 1.5 fw and the CPS2 emulator still seems to work fine (using the latest version 1.0 by NJ). I just tested it with Progear and Gigawing and those two don't lag at all.
I changed the eboot to a 1.0 one with PSPBrew, but no idea if this has something to do with it.
Hope you will get the emulator working well under 2.71 SE-B too, Apoklepz :)

ohsogreat118
October 26th, 2006, 12:48
can anyone help me? after i updated to SE-B from SE-A when i go to my game on my memory card on my psp it wont load up so i cant play any homenrew games anymore!!

ohsogreat118
October 26th, 2006, 12:49
my psp just freezes and turns itself off after like a miinute or two. sorry for the double posts

splodger15
October 26th, 2006, 13:11
you have to have an ISO folder in the root of the memory stick

ohsogreat118
October 26th, 2006, 13:24
that's all i need? just to make an ISO folder to unfreeze it when it freezes at the game menu?

ohsogreat118
October 26th, 2006, 13:27
omg thank you so much, this freakin worked. you're a genius

ohsogreat118
October 26th, 2006, 13:31
and is there a way to load cso files on the psp now by anychance with 2.71 SE-B? and sorry again for the triple posts

splodger15
October 26th, 2006, 14:12
I cant tell you how to load iso/cso files because it is not allowed on the forum

Apoklepz
October 26th, 2006, 17:05
and is there a way to load cso files on the psp now by anychance with 2.71 SE-B? and sorry again for the triple posts

Hey man, I don't wanna sound like a prick but you're asking for help that's not related to the topic being discussed here in my thread, and I personally consider that very rude, cause asking off-topic questions is considered spamming. You could've just made a simple forum search bar entry and gotten your answer, or even PMed somebody...I sure would've helped...There's not that many posts related to the new custom fw 2.71 SE-B in here you know, so why instead just barge into mine?

Thank you for taking your time to read this, and remember...Even if this is the most user friendly and helpful forum when it comes to your PSP homebrew/emulation inquiries, I would advise you be more considerate next time...Or somebody will have to go out of their way and flame you, call you a N00B or something worse.

Enjoy DCemu, and your new 2.71 SE-B firmware. Good Day.

Back on topic...Anybody test this yet with a $ony memory stick to see if they get the same lagging issues that I'm getting?

grit
October 26th, 2006, 17:26
Back on topic...Anybody test this yet with a $ony memory stick to see if they get the same lagging issues that I'm getting?
I only have sony MSs :( (2GB and 512MB, waiting for a 4GB sandisc) and it does'nt lag..

Apoklepz
October 26th, 2006, 17:38
What type of eboot are you using 1.00/1.50? Kernel or no kernel? Are you running the VS. games on CPS2 with sound or not?...Your answer should hopefully fix my problem, if not, then I'll just revert to 1.50 and clean the flash, before I upgrade to 2.71 SE-B again...that's all I can think of.

mnuhaily22
October 26th, 2006, 18:41
Should have stayed at 1.5....

Apoklepz
October 26th, 2006, 20:22
Yeah, well....Should have shut up and minded his/her own business....It's not like it's the end of things...I'll figure it out.

BL4Z3D247
October 26th, 2006, 20:37
dude u act like this fw will brick ur psp no matter what, u can brick BUT only if u do it wrong...i've done it for myself, my bro, cousins, neighbors, friends and noone has bricked so just cuz ur an idiot and don't know how to read the readme doesn't mean everyone else is....

back on topic, Apoklepz i think u should revert back to 1.5 then upgrade back to 2.71SE-A then upgrade to 2.71SE-B, that might help as me and everyone else that has been trying to help u out has probably been at 2.71SE-A and upgraded it to SE-B....either way let us know what goes down

kando
October 26th, 2006, 20:59
apok being spiteful makes u look worse than them...those silly 1.50 users think their firmware is better than se-b....oh well, let them be dillusioned...

take stuff w/ a spoon of cane sugar, its much better :D

BL4Z3D247
October 26th, 2006, 21:06
apok being spiteful makes u look worse than them...those silly 1.50 users think their firmware is better than se-b....oh well, let them be dillusioned...

take stuff w/ a spoon of cane sugar, its much better :D
Apok was just saying this thread was about problems with CPS1 & 2 on 2.71SE-B not how to run isos/csos on it, he has every right to get spiteful when someone decides to post something that has no relevance to the thread

also kando how come ur dad hasn't upgraded to 2.71SE-B? he must be jealous by now lol :D

Apoklepz
October 26th, 2006, 22:03
Apoklepz i think u should revert back to 1.5 then upgrade back to 2.71SE-A then upgrade to 2.71SE-B, that might help as me and everyone else that has been trying to help u out has probably been at 2.71SE-A and upgraded it to SE-B....either way let us know what goes down

Yeah, that's just what I'm gonna do later this weekend, and I'll post back with new compatibility issues or whatever happens(hopefully no bricking:o )...right now it's wendesday, and it's all about the happy hour with my friends...God it's been a while since I laid back and relaxed:cool:

It's all good kando...you're my bro for helping me out a couple of times before...It's just that I think that members in this forum should be more informative and less dumb small talk, like...Ugh..Should have stayed in 1.50...Mommy-gives-me-coo-kies for nighty time...Weeeeeee!

althena77
October 26th, 2006, 22:50
back on topic, Apoklepz i think u should revert back to 1.5 then upgrade back to 2.71SE-A then upgrade to 2.71SE-B, that might help as me and everyone else that has been trying to help u out has probably been at 2.71SE-A and upgraded it to SE-B....either way let us know what goes down

I switched to 2.71 SE-B from harleyg's custom fw 1.5 and I have no problems not only with the latest CPS1/2 emulators but with all homebrews.
I wasn't much interested in 2.71 SE-A as I didn't want to miss the function to autorun an application when turning on your PSP (you could do that in harleyg's cfw but not yet in SE-A but now in SE-B).

tuta
October 27th, 2006, 00:39
I upgraded from SE-A to SE-B and I noticed a little lag in cps2 but I realised it was because I turned on the video sync option is that your problem?

My PSP History 2.0>2.70>2.71(attempted) Bricked returned 2.60>2.70>2.71(ta-082)(attempted) Bricked returned 2.50>2.60>2.70>2.71(ta-082) Now using HenC and reverse devhook!!!Thanks DaRk_AleX!!

mnuhaily u dun even have a 1.5 so I dun think you have any rights to comment wheter u stay or not at 1.5 all you have might be emulated and emulated dun have a real 1.5 capabilities so where are you getting your judgements from?

psp828
October 27th, 2006, 01:32
iv got a 4gb sandisk on the 2.71 seb and i dont get any lag when playing those games.

kando
October 27th, 2006, 02:44
also kando how come ur dad hasn't upgraded to 2.71SE-B? he must be jealous by now lol :D

hehe im makin him sweat bullets a while until i give 2.71 SE-B some quality control testing =p

but soon ill be giving him a taste of gold :P

Tadhbir1289
October 27th, 2006, 02:46
i made a big misake updating now everytime i go to memorystick in the game menu my psp shuts off

althena77
October 27th, 2006, 05:48
i made a big misake updating now everytime i go to memorystick in the game menu my psp shuts off

Try this, hope it helps:

When I open the Game Menu, my PSP freezes. How do I fix this?

1. Connect your PSP to your PC.
2. Create a folder named ISO in the root of your memory stick (X:\ISO where X is you PSP's drive letter)
3. Create a folder named GAME271 in your PSP folder (X:\PSP\GAME271)
4. Now, shut of your PSP
5. Turn your PSP back on, this time holding 'R' which will boot you into the recovery console, DO NOT PANIC
6. Scroll to Configuration, press 'X'
7. Scroll to Game folder homebrew, and press 'X' until it displays "(currently: 1.50 Kernel)"
8. Now, put all 1.0 and 1.5 homebrew in the X:\PSP\GAME folder, and put all HEN-C homebrew in X:\PSP\GAME271\

Apoklepz
October 27th, 2006, 17:18

Oh Jeez...Not another one!!!...Dude, you didn't even bother reading before you posted! ...I guess I'll call you CHUMP #2, because it so happens CHUMP #1 already asked the same Spamming questions in this very same thread a few pages back. Why can't you people be like everybody else and post your off-topic 2.71 SE-B questions under the official release thread...I guess you must be DIN-TI-RIN!!!:p...retarded or something...Oh well, thank the lord for people like you...you make normal people's lives more challenging:)

Anyways....BACK ON TOPIC! I'm gonna try the revision fix for 2.71 SE-B that's just been released right now, to see if this fixes CPS2 lag issues...Will keep you all posted.

splodger15
October 27th, 2006, 17:23
I guess you must be DIN-TI-RIN!!!:p...retarded or something...Oh well, thank the lord for people like you.

You tell them Apoklepz

Apoklepz
October 27th, 2006, 17:40
OK, just did a succesfull revision 2 upgrade, but that horrid lagging problem persists....Guess it's back to 1.50 for me so I can start fixing this issue.

EDITED

Problem fixed...Went back to 1.50 through recovery mode...then upgraded to 2.71 SE-A through the easy installer, then flashed the 2.71 SE-B 2nd revision file...Took me about half an hour to get the files from the net to the PSP, ready and going...There's no Lagging now with CPS2 or any other emu...Thank God, I thought my PSP was sorta messed up...I still wonder what could've caused this, though.

psiko_scweek
October 27th, 2006, 20:25
kinda off subject but i just upgraded to SE-B (had to try it out) and I noticed that the game i was developing lags a bit, im using a 1.5 eboot. Thinking of downgrading back to 1.5 cayse it didnt have this problem before. Any one else notice this kinda lag? i upgraded from 1.5 -> 2.7 SE-B

M!ckeY
October 27th, 2006, 23:32
That's good to hear Apoklepz. :)

Apoklepz
October 28th, 2006, 04:14
Oh wow, so you're M!ckey now...How ya been?
Steamboat Willie, huh?...You just made me wanna go play Mickey Mania on Dgen. lol

Hey psicko scweek...format your MS directly through your PSP, and the lagging should stop...All this downgrading and upgrading again that I did was pointless...I found out later today from somebody in the Street Fighter Devotion forums, that the lag is not related to this firmware, but that it was there all along because my Memory Stick was PC formated, not PSP formated, and guess what...He was right!!! Because right then when I was about to upgrade again from 1.50 to 2.71 SE, I did fromat my MS through the PSP...hehehe...I could've just done it all along from the beggining...Give it a try and let me know how it turns out for you...good luck on that development BTW.

BL4Z3D247
October 28th, 2006, 04:35
well glad u got it sorted out Apok, i figured it had to be something with the MS...can't wait for MikeDX to finish MVSPSP with adhoc mode(and hopefully lan) :D...sh!ts gunna be hott

M!ckeY
October 28th, 2006, 04:59
I've been alright man, and yourself? :)