PDA

View Full Version : Playing SnesDS on Max Media DOCK

Bonic
October 26th, 2006, 03:12
First off, Player is a peice of shit, throw it away. The Dock is much better than that crap.

Ok, I'm making this guide so people with STOP ASKING about "ZOMFG! I'm a n00b who didn't read a topic called SnedDS on mmd help! HELPZ MEZ." Really, how stupid can you guys get? Why do you keep askign the same question over and over? READ OTHER TOPICS BEFORE ASKIGN QUESTIONS! And why are you using SnesDS? SNEmuDS makes this thing look like a turd!

Now, on to the guide.

1. Download SnesDS
2. Extract it somewhere
3. Download Devkit, SEARCH FOR CHRIST SAKES!
4. Go into the folder and find NDSTool.exe
5. Copy and paste it over to where your Snes program is.
6. Run MakeNDS.bat (It opens SnesDS, but opening with this lets you save a NDS file.)
7. Load roms into it (Your rom must be less than 2mb)
8. Save it WITHOUT CHANGING THE FREAKING NAME! GOT IT?!
9. Onces it saves the ds.gba file, makends.bat will run ndstool..wait for the program to close itself, that means its done converting to ds.gba to nds
10. Copy the NDS FILE to your Compact Flash card.. now you can play SNES!

P.S. You all idiots, why are you using this? SNEmuDS is much better than this!

sonikku88
October 26th, 2006, 17:21
P.S. You all idiots, why are you using this? SNEmuDS is much better than this!

Doesn't SNEmuDS have major graphical flaws? :confused:

Bonic
October 26th, 2006, 23:33
...Nope.

sonikku88
October 27th, 2006, 04:34
...Nope.

Oh...

Cool, I'll go download it now. :D

Hold on. Does the sound work? Because the last time I used it, a lot of games weren't playing music.

*After testing SNEmuDS*

Like crap SNESmuDS is better that SNESDS! What good are save options and the ability to run big SNES games if the games look horrible?! Most of the games were slow, even with the speed hack. The visuals are all spazy and could cause a seizure. I'm sticking with SNESDS until whoever made SNESmuDS makes it better, and I mean that nicely to said person(s).

lostgame
November 19th, 2006, 17:54
Sorry, Bionic. Your tutorial seems not to work, and I tried it with the most basic ROMs-the total file was no larger than 2 MB itself, and I'm no n00b, I ran this through NDStool.

Also, next time you make a topic, would you care linking to the files you need to make the software? I had no idea what you were talking about with ¨devkit¨, I have more than 15 ¨devkits¨ on my system, for all sorts of different platforms-none of them have to do with the DS. :P

The MMD software's palette goes all wierd, like it's going to run, and sits there for a half hour like that. Doesn't run.

EDIT: XDDDD, haha, dude, the only result for ¨devkit¨ when I ¨search for Christ's sake¨ in this forum (DS homebrew and emulation), gives me your post, XDDD

Oh, that's rich, man...

batsfureels
November 20th, 2006, 08:42
Yes, if you can please supply the devkit link. I searched google for the nintendo ds dev kit and really couldnt find anything or the NDSTools.exe proggie. Please update this poste if you get a chance. Thanks

Bonic
November 23rd, 2006, 01:44
DevkitPro

batsfureels
November 23rd, 2006, 05:39
Well i was able to create the nds file, but when i try to open it on my MMP the top logo just changes color, then the system freezes. Maybe there is a missing step somewhere?

Bonic
November 24th, 2006, 09:21
Max Media PLAYER, won't work with this, only dock can, you have to use the other emu