PDA

View Full Version : hdd homebrew

hujiko
October 26th, 2006, 04:21
i have a haddrive on my ps2 and ive read on these forums that if u dont have a mod chip u can run emulators directly on your ps2 hardrive
i downloaded snesStation for ps2 i followed the guide and had the iso ready for burning so i use hdldumb to transfer the .ISO to my ps2 hdd i put the name and where it says signature i did not put anything was because i dont know what to put so i just put the name of the app or emu.
i put snesS and scummVM when i loaded hdd app i loaded snes station and the screen just turned pink
oh i dont think im shure where you put the roms i remember the dreamcast you put them on the folder where the emulator was then make it into and .ISO using bootdreams. im not shure with the ps2 so i just made the iso of the emulator and with scummVM i remember you just put them on the folder then theres already a file tht makes the folder into an iso i put my floppy monkey island version and monkey island 2 then when i loaded scummVM on my ps2 hdd (i dont have a modded ps2) the screen turned black and it showed like a line of code so i gave up the other day i downloaded imbnes for ps2 i loaded the program and made an iso of the rom i tried then i transfered the iso using the method above and when i loaded it on my ps2 the screen just went black i triyed it again but it dosent work,iwhen i try to transfer it says ''the system cannot find file specified" i tried to make it varius times says the same thing. if anyone has had the same problem please help.
ive read elsewere on these forums that some people have had similar problems but i coudent seem to make it work.

any help woud be greatly appreciated thanks.

potatoman
October 30th, 2006, 21:18
might b a bad iso... btw, is the hdd the network adapter thing for block ps2's?