PDA

View Full Version : PSX Downloadable games announced

happy_mak
October 26th, 2006, 11:55
The official emulator titles for November have been announced (in japan). There are 9 in all going to be available from later part of November. Well 9 is a small number. I had perceived a big library available right at the start actually !!!:(

These will be available on the Playstation Store under the section "Game Archives"

BIO HAZARD DIRECTOR'S CUT (Resident Evil to the west)
Konami Antiques MSX Collection Vol.1
Konami Antiques MSX Collection Vol.2
BishiBashi Special
JumpingFlash!
Everyones Golf 2
Silent Bomber
Tekken 2
Mister Driller

And yes it will require the latest firmware..so i guess most of you will keep themselves out or so?

digg it (http://digg.com/gaming_news/PSX_Downloadable_games_announced_for_the_PSP)

Rocksil
October 26th, 2006, 11:57
Are u sure on what ur sayin

MikeDX
October 26th, 2006, 12:02
I dont believe anything sony says anymore. I believe what I actually see on the shelves, not what some PR bod tells us.

Extrange
October 26th, 2006, 12:10
BishiBashi Special?
Silent Bomber?

Heh, nice games, Sony.

(BIO HAZARD DIRECTOR'S CUT is Resident evil one for those who don't know the japanese name of the series)

shrimpidy
October 26th, 2006, 12:10
r any of those games good cus i've never played any of them. i might've played tekken but thats it.

Sharpy
October 26th, 2006, 12:14
Surely there have to be more than that when the titles get launched, 9 just seems too small a number for the launch of a back catalogue.

TCLCloud
October 26th, 2006, 12:20
Yeah they all seem pretty crap, nothing like what i expected, only 1 big name game in there......

Nikolaos
October 26th, 2006, 12:28
tekken 2 is da only good wun -.-

TCLCloud
October 26th, 2006, 12:32
Alos wheres the ridge racer that they showed at E3 or whatever?

Mariopop87
October 26th, 2006, 12:52
The official emulator titles for November have been announced. There are 9 in all going to be available from later part of November. Well 9 is a small number. I had perceived a big library available right at the start actually !!!:(

These will be available on the Playstation Store under the section "Game Archives"

BIO HAZARD DIRECTOR'S CUT
BishiBashi Special
JumpingFlash!
Everyones Golf 2
Silent Bomber
Tekken 2
Mister Driller

And yes it will require the latest firmware..so i guess most of you will keep themselves out or so?
YES! I love Resident Evil!

geise69
October 26th, 2006, 13:06
Jumping Flash! was a great PSX launch title. The only other notable games are Tekken 2, RE Directors cut. That is a pretty sad release of games though. Talk about sugar coating the emulator with hype and this is the first strand of release titles? Sad sony very sad.

mnuhaily22
October 26th, 2006, 13:18
Let's see, over 200 homebrew awesome games and the best emulators such as GBA 0.8, or UPDATE to get these 9 games, which all suck except tekken, which is already out on PSP(with much better graphics), I think I will stick with the awesome homebrew and emulators.

jimjamjahaa
October 26th, 2006, 14:08
silent bomber is a wicked game, so is rez evil. but shockingly poor to be honest.

sony just cant seem to do anything right these days :(

bm4n
October 26th, 2006, 14:12
Not like $ony promised us over 700 games on PSX Emu launch or anything...lying jerks.

crypysmoker
October 26th, 2006, 14:21
Ill tell you one thing..
Sony is so full of shit its coming out thier handhelds ;)

First it was "we will have the full line up of PS1 games ready for psp"..
THen they delay everything, then they say that a date will be released for the firmware 3.0.....
and now we get some of the crappiest greatest hits they can toss at us???
WHat a joke.
Ill tell you one thing...
Unless these games are free or very very cheap since I have them on my xbox and Ds.. im not upgrading.
Its not worth it till the final fantasys come out.
Sony.... what in gods name is wrong with you and this power hungry struggle your on???? You see what happened to sega whent hey tried it right????

I hope you go bankrupt

Veskgar
October 26th, 2006, 14:36
Are you serious? ONLY 9? And where is Ridge Racer? They were already showing off Ridge Racer at some press conference.... or were they?

Yeah, Upgrade your PSP and commit homebrew suicide for just 9 games. What happened to the 2000+ PS1 titles SONY was boasting about a few months back?

What a joke... And I was sort of pulling for SONY regarding the PS1 EMU.

I betcha A.C. has more PS1 games running by now than SONY has available. I smell another homebrew superiority victory coming soon.....

John Vattic
October 26th, 2006, 14:37
I'll update in a heartbeat to play silent hill1, metal gear solid, alonein the dark, resident evils.

so all of you 1.5ers will cry when i update, so what.

and if the games are more than 15$ i'll be a little angry. but hell some of those ps1 games are that much at used stores.

and if the game remakes are wireless multiplayer then i'll be happy as a clam.

arapozo
October 26th, 2006, 14:43
If the list is so short it could be an indication that its not actually a PS1 emu but that the games are being modified a little bit to play them on the psp.

Paiku
October 26th, 2006, 15:11
Ofcourse they'll have more why else would they make a psx emulator?

anyway still looking forward to that PS1P release.

gambiting
October 26th, 2006, 15:32
Please,don't use PSX name when talking about PS1.PSX is a name for sony's modified ps2 console so someone can think that there are downloadable ps2 games for psp :cool:

Oni
October 26th, 2006, 15:44
this sux dude. I had it build up by about 50-60 titles in my mind, but that's not the way it is. so I guess that The Coder Who Must Not Be Named's emu (can't remember the name of it *blush*) is the on to wait for:P
that'll also mean that you can use whatever firmware you like, and sony is loosing.... again.:P

BTW, have you heard anything from Ano.coder about a release, or do we still have the "it's out when its ready" date:P... (please don't take this the wrong way. can't figure out how to ask for a release date without sounding like a eeger child)

Oni
October 26th, 2006, 15:49
Please,don't use PSX name when talking about PS1.PSX is a name for sony's modified ps2 console so someone can think that there are downloadable ps2 games for psp :cool:

what? PSX is the name of the old ps1. The name of the modified "slim" ps2 is pstwo. And the name of the modified ps1 is psone...

blackrave
October 26th, 2006, 15:49

PSX can be used for both the DVR and for the PSOne. I doubt anyone would think about the DVR when it comes to this topic.

brainpan
October 26th, 2006, 15:52
Jumping Flash is a fun game.....just now what I expected to be on the list.

jak66
October 26th, 2006, 15:58
PSX was only a japan release, and posibly not many know about it heres a wiki link on the PSX (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSX_%28DVR%29)

crypysmoker
October 26th, 2006, 16:00
the psx was a release in JAp only console that was a ps2 and also had a HDD and dvd burner. It costs abour $1000+ on ebay if you want one lol but they are crap

Method Man
October 26th, 2006, 16:15
tekken 2 is da only good wun -.-
silent bomber also, you'll see ;)

danurban
October 26th, 2006, 16:36
Resident evil and tekken 2 are the only games on that list that would interest me. I prolly wouldn't even consider upgrading to 3.0 until some better games are realeased.

YourStillWithMe
October 26th, 2006, 16:45
ok, there is no FFVII being released i want 8, not 7 but everyone loves that game there is no way in hell they are releasing that emulator without FFVII being playable. Tekken 2 ha what a waste of time when Dark Resurrection is perfectly playable and is the same game.

Extrange
October 26th, 2006, 17:11
You guys want sony to release games in the emulator which rights they got no ownership..... ...

Makaveli777
October 26th, 2006, 17:26
Man sony yall gotta try harder than this.... Psp1 is going to eat you alive at this rate lol.

nin_deftone
October 26th, 2006, 17:30
Well tekken 2 and Resident evil are good.Here's hoping that they release true PSone games like Castlevania SOTN,FF VII,Metal Gear Solid,Resident Evil 2,and Silent Hill :D

SteveV2
October 26th, 2006, 17:31
Ahh, Bishi Bashi.

Sonys party game pack. Awsome game, play it if you haven't, the jap version if possible. Makes it even more bizzare :D

Think Warioware.

Emeriastone
October 26th, 2006, 17:49
I would require more and better titles than the 9 that are presented there to upgrade.

Veskgar
October 26th, 2006, 18:19
Upgrading my 1.50 is not even an option. Never will it be. Buying a 2nd PSP to upgrade is a slight possibility but I must emphasize the word "slight".

Ideally in 2 or 3 months time, when maybe hundreds of PS1 games are available for download, we could then fully emulate or utilize the 3.00 functions on a 1.50.

You know how SONY could really stick it to us though?

.... ... ....

Well, never mind..... It is such a good idea that I don't even want to say it out loud in case their "human intelligence" gatherers are trolling this forum. Which they likely do regularly.

Mr.Denny
October 26th, 2006, 18:58
The official emulator titles for November have been announced (in japan). There are 9 in all going to be available from later part of November. Well 9 is a small number. I had perceived a big library available right at the start actually !!!:(

BIO HAZARD DIRECTOR'S CUT (Resident Evil to the west)
BishiBashi Special
JumpingFlash!
Everyones Golf 2
Silent Bomber
Tekken 2
Mister Driller

digg it (http://digg.com/gaming_news/PSX_Downloadable_games_announced_for_the_PSP)

That`s it?

......... :confused:

Granted some of them are good but it doesn`t seem like much of a launch line-up even if it is an emulator.

Roll on ACs emu i say.

guyverjay
October 26th, 2006, 19:03
Silent bomber is ace, its like Bomberman on speed set in the future lol

TheEmulatorGuy
October 26th, 2006, 19:05
*yells out a big "TOLD YOU SO!"*

I told everyone the launch catalog BS was fake. Sony never actually said it, it was just a bunch of stupid magazines that said it. I'm also having suspicions about whether or not it is an emulator, like I had when it was first announced.

Briggzy11
October 26th, 2006, 19:43
Jumping Flash :) My first ever PS1 title there :D

JKKDARK
October 26th, 2006, 20:22
Nice news, I hope to see better games soon..

NeoXCS
October 26th, 2006, 20:32

Actually when the Playstation first came out it was known as Playstation Extreme (I believe that is what the X meant) aka PSX. I remember calling it that way back when I first got mine. But after so long they made the PS1 and the old one was more or less refered to as PS after the release of that hybrid thing called the PSX.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
October 26th, 2006, 22:09
YOU MOST BE JOKING......the only good one is Tekken2...OMG!!!!!

Tinnus
October 26th, 2006, 22:14
9 games? 2 known ones?

Later november?

Latest firmware?

Sorry Sony :p I'm going to count on PS1P...

LilSwish722
October 26th, 2006, 23:08
ah they better games...the only one i would pay 15 bucks for is RE1...and RE3 if that comes out

emuking
October 27th, 2006, 00:40
that list seems weak, come on sony even nintendo will have more games for their virtual console,30!,sony needs to get their act together

LAW666
October 27th, 2006, 02:10
awesome!!! silent bomber was excellent!
hope theres some wifi support!
and it will be awesome to play res 1 on the psp:D

F9zDark
October 27th, 2006, 03:17
Maybe if I buy another PSP I'll upgrade... :p

Here's a tip Sony, give out free PSPs, thats how you can thwart homebrew. ;)

MicroNut
October 27th, 2006, 04:58
I wont upgrade.
This Sony PS1-PSP EMU will probably find its way onto more friendly firmwares.
If it doesn’t there are others in development that will.

Nookadum
October 27th, 2006, 19:51
Bio Hazard: DC
MSX Collection Vol.1 and Vol.2
BishiBashi Special
JumpingFlash!
Silent Bomber
Tekken 2

The only games that interest me on that list. Hmm...