PDA

View Full Version : New Pimpware Release v 0.76

scarph
October 27th, 2006, 06:02
A new version of dickydick's video streaming program has been realeased. Easy installer can be found at pimpware.org
OR
http://www.pimpware.org/PiMPStreamerSetup-0.76.msi

F9zDark
October 27th, 2006, 06:36
Here's what it adds for those wondering:

Ok long time no speak, been busy with various other stuff.. Anyway a little update for you pimpstreamin lovers. PiMPStreamer now supports the FLV format . Just remove your old PiMPStreamer.INI prior to installing to reset the extensionlist. (Or add manually)

Also special support has been added for YouTube.com! If you drop a youtube rss url (found here) into pimpstreamer it will try to get the flv’s from youtube based on the video link inside the rss feed.

PS: Nothing has been changed in the PSP part.

PS2: RSS feeds from youtube will take longer to process because the flv location has to be downloaded (and parsed)

scarph
October 27th, 2006, 08:43
yes yes very much yes

Festizzio
October 27th, 2006, 08:54
Wait, where are these youtube "rss" feeds? How do I find one? I'm kind of confused. :confused:

Vibestar
October 27th, 2006, 10:23
I can't get this to work.. It asks me which connection and then it freezes.
I have a router. Should I change something in the ini file???

jaws365
October 27th, 2006, 11:10
This proggy rocks! Now, if it could work with OSX too.

LazerTag
October 27th, 2006, 16:56
Anyone know if this works with 2.71 SE-A or SE-B firmware?

I know I was told that originally it would not work on 2.71 SE-A. I don't want to upgrade my PSP until this app is working. I use it a lot.

Thanks

F9zDark
October 27th, 2006, 17:37
I can't get this to work.. It asks me which connection and then it freezes.
I have a router. Should I change something in the ini file???

Did you create a connection in Network Settings on the XMB?

robocelot
October 27th, 2006, 18:20
Anyone know if this works with 2.71 SE-A or SE-B firmware?

I know I was told that originally it would not work on 2.71 SE-A. I don't want to upgrade my PSP until this app is working. I use it a lot.

Thanks

Works great in 2.71SE-B, in fact a lot better than PiMPstreamer .75 did in 1.50 (no stuttering problems).

Great stuff, dickydick!

LazerTag
October 27th, 2006, 21:16
WOW!

I am a 2.71 SE-"B"liever

Even the smallest features are totally great. Love the don't boot UMD on startup.

So is there any gains to moving away from 1.50 Eboots compared to ones for 2.71 SE-B ?

pkmaximum
October 27th, 2006, 23:43
This sounds great! But can anyone confirm if the you tube streaming RSS support, supports buffering, that way we don't have to have a perfect stream. And we can let the video buffer out before watching =S

scarph
October 28th, 2006, 01:32
it didnt work for me, the youtube

it didnt download
im not exactly sure how to use any rss however
i only know how to stream

pkmaximum
October 28th, 2006, 02:12
Don't worry, there is something wrong with the youtube, I read many of the comments over at QJ, and none of them seemed to get the youtube rss feed working iether. So I guess we should w8 for word from the coder.

LazerTag
October 28th, 2006, 05:02
I got Youtube RSS feeds working fine here. They just take time to download first is all.

I just followed this for adding RSS feeds

http://www.youtube.com/rssls

Once I had that I added some predefined RSS feeds as well as a few of my favorite searches, like "acoustic guitar"

http://www.youtube.com/rss/tag/acousticguitar.rss

cal360
October 28th, 2006, 11:51
the youtube links work fine for me they just take a long time to download this is a great app though i'm always using it makes buying a wireless router worthwile

pkmaximum
October 28th, 2006, 16:47
Ughhh, so you can't even search for different videos via you tube RSS. That kind of makes your youtube glued to specific videos. I think you are just better off downloading your video to your computer....

cal360
October 28th, 2006, 17:36
Ughhh, so you can't even search for different videos via you tube RSS. That kind of makes your youtube glued to specific videos. I think you are just better off downloading your video to your computer....

I agree but at least you can stream flv files now if you have them saved on your computer, it saves having to convert them to avi

uneekracer
October 28th, 2006, 17:40
pimp pimp hooray