PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty PSP details

wraggster
October 27th, 2006, 18:33
Via Eurogamer

Activision has released a bit more information about PSP version of Call of Duty, including its official name and some screenshots.

Call of Duty: Roads to Victory, it's called, and it's in development at Amaze, who will be aiming to get the game done in time for a spring 2007 release.

Like the other games in the World War II first-person shooter series, you play as multiple characters - in this case an infantry soldier in the 82nd Airborne, a Canadian First Army rifleman and an elite British Para Regiment commando.

We're promised "mounted machine gun battles, sniper encounters and aircraft attacks" across "13 intense battles", with "scrupulously honed" control schemes, four of which will be available so you can choose the method of tossing grenades, targeting enemies and leaping between standing and prone that suits you.

On top of that, there should be multiplayer with support for between four and six people, and modes including Deathmatch, Capture The Flag and King of the Hill, as well as unlockable weapons, artillery, vehicles and armour to add some replay value.

Screens Here (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=69181)

splodger15
October 27th, 2006, 18:34
Can't wait for this game

Shrygue
October 27th, 2006, 18:45
I hope it is released soon. It sounds like a great title to get.

Xiofire
October 27th, 2006, 18:51
Looks cool. Prefer the look of Call Of Duty 3 for 360. Can't wait
-Xiofire

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 27th, 2006, 19:25
Not another turdy yearly update from EA.

Martin
October 27th, 2006, 19:35
Can you say jagged lines? :p

mr_nick666
October 27th, 2006, 21:40
Can't wait for this game

Me neither! :p I love this series so its going to be great to be able to battle on the move :D

notaforumtroll
October 28th, 2006, 00:46
Big fan of the call of duty series, played COD, COD UO and COD 2 all on pc for many many hours. This version for PSP looks like a piece of shit, once youve experieced Brecourt on COD2 with good graphics and controls, its beyond me how anyone could pick up a cheap rip off of it.
i imagine its gonna be really hard to play with 1 joystick and d-pad, headshots? more like pixel shots. This title belongs in the bargain bin at best buy

F9zDark
October 28th, 2006, 01:56
Not another turdy yearly update from EA.

EA doesn't make the Call of Duty games. They make Medal of Honor games (or did, haven't seen any new ones in the works since Pacific Assault).

Infinity Ward makes the CoD games.

F9zDark
October 28th, 2006, 02:16
Big fan of the call of duty series, played COD, COD UO and COD 2 all on pc for many many hours. This version for PSP looks like a piece of shit, once youve experieced Brecourt on COD2 with good graphics and controls, its beyond me how anyone could pick up a cheap rip off of it.
i imagine its gonna be really hard to play with 1 joystick and d-pad, headshots? more like pixel shots. This title belongs in the bargain bin at best buy

What do you expect man its for the PSP... And I am glad its being made, its about time the PSP sees some real 3rd party games on it. Yeah the controls may suck ass, but whatever, its not the company's fault Sony didn't put two analog nubs on the PSP.

Kamon
October 28th, 2006, 13:27
EA doesn't make the Call of Duty games. They make Medal of Honor games (or did, haven't seen any new ones in the works since Pacific Assault).

Infinity Ward makes the CoD games.

your right EA does make MOH

pt9087
October 28th, 2006, 15:00
Will be fun, Hope there is online play:rolleyes: