PDA

View Full Version : Save Lik Sang!

kfish2oo2
October 27th, 2006, 19:37
Online Petitions has started a Lik Sang petition, asking that the London High Court ruling in Sony's favour be overturned.

Linky: http://www.petitiononline.com/liksang8/petition.html

Below is the petition statement:

"To: High Court of London

On October 24th 2006 Lik Sang was forced to close down because of petty lawsuit's filed by Sony. Sony claimed that Lik-Sang infringed its trade marks, copyright and registered design rights by selling Sony PSP consoles from Asia to European customers, and have recently obtained a judgment in the High Court of London (England) rendering Lik-Sang's sales of PSP consoles unlawful even though they conformed to the(each) country's safety regulations. We of the gaming community feel that the rulings and subsequent closing of Lik Sang affects us the gamers most unfairly and are insulted that Sony would take such actions and feign it as their attempt to protect us. We are aware of the benefits and disadvantages of importing hardware and software and we resent being treated as if we can't choose for ourselves. We of the global gaming community sign this petition stating that Sony overstepped their bounds and that the charges pressed against Lik Sang should be lifted so they may resume their regular business duties. Lik Sang should be allowed to continue their great service of providing gamers with hardware and software the likes of which they can't find anywhere else. Just because Sony can't/refuses to do the same, doesn't mean that we should suffer.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned"

JKKDARK
October 27th, 2006, 20:19
I signed ;)

kfish2oo2
October 27th, 2006, 23:10
This is a dissapointing response.... I expected a bit more :( Do you think waraggys seen it yet?

JKKDARK
October 27th, 2006, 23:13
This is a dissapointing response.... I expected a bit more :( Do you think waraggys seen it yet?

maybe because there is a thread about it?