PDA

View Full Version : Selfbooting Gypplay?

oosername05
October 28th, 2006, 00:12
I've burned a 2/XA image of Gypplay with the necessary files and the .mpeg movie. After loading the CD on Dreamcast it came to an infinite loop of the Sega Dreamcast logo and the "sega screen"

-- Is there anything I did wrong in the process?

-- How do you make an "autopaly.gyp" file

-- Is it even possible to make a selfboot Gypplay movie disk?

From the readme:
Autoplay: If there is a file in the root of the disc named "autoplay.gyp" then GypPlay will automatically do a "Search And Play" after displaying the two startup splash screens. This allows the user to easily do self-playing movie discs so that no user interaction is necessary.

--Thanks in advance.

fackue
October 28th, 2006, 08:31
Don't try to scramble it if you are.

curt_grymala
October 28th, 2006, 14:14
It is possible to make a selfbooting GypPlay disc, but probably not with the things you've downloaded. I remember GypPlay requiring WindowsCE lib files, and I don't think they're included in the download.

I've never made a GypPlay disc, so I honestly couldn't tell you what those files are, but I am 99.9% sure it requires some sort of WinCE libs.

fackue
October 28th, 2006, 21:06
I believe they're included. At first they weren't but because they didn't want people warezing a game just for the libs they went ahead and added them.

BootDreams should be able to selfboot it as long as you don't touch the 1ST_READ.BIN.

oosername05
October 28th, 2006, 21:36
I have burned yet another CD with the plain files of Gypplay...

this is the folder setup

X:\Gypplay\WINCE <- Has the 8 lib files
X:\Gypplay\0GDTEX.PVR
X:\Gypplay\1ST_READ.BIN
X:\Gypplay\GYPPLAY.EXE
X:\Gypplay\GYPPLAY (Msinfo file)
X:\Gypplay\IP.BIN
X:\Gypplay\README
X:\Gypplay\MPEG MOVIE

The CD comes to an infinite loop of the splash screens (dreamcast logo and "under license of sega ultd")

--Maybe ill try DC flash instead hehe :)

fackue
October 28th, 2006, 23:07
Get rid of the Gypplay folder and it should boot.