PDA

View Full Version : Devhook / Online Gaming

Vega
October 28th, 2006, 09:03
k dudes, I am wrecking my brain here and need your help. Im starting to think the dump I have of Devhook won't allow me to browse the net while emulating 2.71 . Its doing my box in.

Last week I ordered a Wireless router to start enjoying online gaming. It arrived, I set it up, the PSP recognizes the signal, but cannot require the I.P address.

So, thinking that I screwed up somewhere, I bought a "Wi-Fi Link" USB device, which plugs in, and turns the PC into an instant hotspot. Intsalled it, everything is ok. Just tried my PSP again, loaded devhook, emulated 2.71, I recieve the signal, but again, not aqquirring the I.P address.

WTF is the problem here guys? I think I might update to Dark_Alex' new firmware... tho I really dont want to give up my 1.5 firmware. Can anyone help me out ???

notaforumtroll
October 28th, 2006, 10:02
>make sure your router is setup for wep if you are trying to connect with 1.5
> double check your passwords
> make sure youre psp's mac address is added to mac filtering IF you have it enabled on your router

thats all i can think of off hand

gl!

Vega
October 28th, 2006, 10:34
Thanks for your help.

Heh, seems like it was one weird ass problem.. I just had to change the channel from 11 to something else.. and it worked!

Thanks for your help anyway dude.

EDIT : Damn it, spoke too soon, my PSP's internet browser works fine.. but when I try some online gaming (outrun 2006), I get a communication error (80020190) . wtf????