PDA

View Full Version : DPG viewer for computer?

ForeverKeo
October 29th, 2006, 02:48
Okay, im not sure if this has been asked yet but is there a DPG viewer for the computer or a codec for WMP or any other program so i can view my videos on a slightly bigger screen (or at least be able to resize it so it's bigger :D )

Thanks

Junixx
October 29th, 2006, 15:27
I'm 90% that theres not, anyway you wouldnt want to stretch a DPG to full screen because the resolution of the video is 256x192 max, it would look horrible if it was stretched...

ForeverKeo
October 30th, 2006, 03:19
well i dont mind viewing it only 2x bigger its just i dont want to store both a .avi and a .dpg on my computer at the same time considering they are both essentially the same thing, just one is slightly smaller and poorer quality. :D
And ive tried to find an emulator to use Moonshell with but everytime i try to load it it just comes up with a blank screen.

Thanks though :)

chemical
October 31st, 2006, 14:36
trust me, you do want both avi and dpg on your pc, dpg is poor, it would be awful to watch on pc.

sonikku88
October 31st, 2006, 20:34
trust me, you do want both avi and dpg on your pc, dpg is poor, it would be awful to watch on pc.

Maybe so, but I bet some people would like to test the video before putting it on their GBA flash card. I myself have put what I thought were perfect conversions onto my MMD, but I have often found that somewhere in the video that the visual stops with the sound still playing. And that is really annoying. So I think having a DPG codec would be a good idea.

Junixx
October 31st, 2006, 21:39
It still wouldnt work for DPG playback because a PC is more powerful than a DS, that is if you want to see if it lags out (theres a sticky of good DPG settings btw)

The Triscut
April 5th, 2009, 09:11
so there's no dpg viewer for pc? because I would like one too

SifJar
April 8th, 2009, 11:35
there is a dpg viewer for PC. it is included in the moonshell download, in the dpgtools13 folder, called dpgshow.exe

DanTheManMS
April 11th, 2009, 07:18
Look into "DPGPlay" for a DPG player for the computer. Useful for testing purposes, but not too much else. Also I believe it only works on DPG1 and DPG2, not DPG3 or the very latest version.

waqyum
August 4th, 2009, 20:51
Why would you like to play DPG on PC.I don't like it even on DS!It is so pixelated.
DS is meant for playing games not watching movies.