PDA

View Full Version : Dark Alex Custom Firmware SE B Overclocking Module 01

wraggster
October 29th, 2006, 09:15
News/release from Cpasjuste:

Dark Alex SEB firmware was what we were all waiting for. Many thanks to him for his hard work.

I wanted to play my games at 333Mhz, i'm sure there will be an option in the future but it's always fun to make it's own work. So here it is, a module is flashed to flash0 (oc.prx) and "pspbtcnf_game.txt" file is updated to take care of this. Only UMD games should use this module since its launched with the 2.71 firmwares files, homebrews that use 1.50 modules should not use it. (Need confirmation by Dark Alex?)

Anyway its really working, i'v compiled the module to run games at 33Mhz and its was damn slow ...
I will also try to add cpu speed switching in the future.

- To install copy the content of the PSP_ROOT folder to your memory stick then launch as usual.

- ONLY TESTED WITH Dark Alex Custom Firmware SE-B.
- TWO FILES ARE COPIED TO THE FLASH USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

- ONLY USE RELIABLE SOURCES FOR DOWNLOAD

Many thanks to dark alex, Tyranid etc ...

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Remember Use With Caution, If you dont know what your doing then leave well alone

Mr. Shizzy
October 29th, 2006, 09:22
Sorry, I'm a little confused. Does this site host ISO loaders or not? Because this is an ISO loader.

splodger15
October 29th, 2006, 09:28
This is good news for 2.71 users

tuta
October 29th, 2006, 10:13
This sounds good but i dun c apoint to it could we just lauch devhook or irshell?
Why for the sake of making games faster flash ur psp?
And this thing aint from dark_alex right?
which means this is quite dangerous

Kamon
October 29th, 2006, 10:18
It just wastes battery life running games at MHz,
but i suppose it would be good for cutting down loading times.

Festizzio
October 29th, 2006, 10:25
I just installed this, and there isn't that much of a difference for most games, but for games like burnout or gta where there is a lot of slowdown at 222 mhz, there is none at 333 mhz, so it's not completely useless. ;)

thesandman
October 29th, 2006, 13:51
has anybody tested this with spectral souls? if it runs at full speed now that'd be amazing

Nikolaos
October 29th, 2006, 14:05
warning people.. this is permanent unless you reflash your SE-A/B and it disables your online wifi play for games because game wont start wifi at 333mhz. just a heads up

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 29th, 2006, 14:37
Can u delete the files once flashed (oc.prx) and "pspbtcnf_game.txt" ???.And any way to roll it back if u reapply the SE-B2 update again will it undo it ?

g00gy
October 29th, 2006, 14:49
thanks this is what i was looking for. i like it it worked for me.

if i dont clock outrun 333mhz i get major lag (offline).

Illegal Machine
October 29th, 2006, 17:19
I love how this site ~AND~ PSPU always made a big deal abou ttalking about ISOS, and now they have NO choice because it's ingrained into the Operating System

LOL

Veskgar
October 29th, 2006, 17:48
Sorry, I'm a little confused. Does this site host ISO loaders or not? Because this is an ISO loader.
HA HA! Personally, I think most people eventually realize that playing games as ISO's on the PSP is much more convenient.

I love how this site ~AND~ PSPU always made a big deal abou ttalking about ISOS, and now they have NO choice because it's ingrained into the Operating System.. LOL
Yeah, at this point it should be embraced. Its definitely the way to go with a lot of PSP games that suffer from long loading times.

BL4Z3D247
October 29th, 2006, 18:03
warning people.. this is permanent unless you reflash your SE-A/B and it disables your online wifi play for games because game wont start wifi at 333mhz. just a heads up
well once we can toggle thru cpu speeds it will be handy dandy(ohh god!!! i just sounded like the crackhead from Blue's Clues)

grit
October 29th, 2006, 18:05
version 0.2 already out:
http://mydedibox.homelinux.com/psp/DA_SEB_OC_MOD_02.zip

BL4Z3D247
October 29th, 2006, 18:13
version 0.2 already out:
http://mydedibox.homelinux.com/psp/DA_SEB_OC_MOD_02.zip
that was quick, what are the changes?

edit: nevermind
Version 02 :
============

- Ability to choose the speed of the installed module :
333 Mhz (fast but no WIFI in games)
300 Mhz (fast with WIFI WORKING in games)
111 Mhz (Slow but save battery)

- Option to remove the mod added.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 29th, 2006, 18:23
Bloody hell lol !! fast update are the cpu speed selects added to xmb menu or accessed via recovery ??.

Veskgar
October 29th, 2006, 18:31
Version 0.2 is a great update.

300 MHz support with WiFi working, not to mention the ability to now safely remove the module is really freaking awesome!!!

I don't yet use SE-B' as I have not been able to find it in my heart to update my precious 1.50 but its stuff like this that makes SE-B' more and more attractive.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 29th, 2006, 18:49
Anyone flashed it yet ??

Nookadum
October 29th, 2006, 18:51
The only reason ISOs are considered "illegal" is because morons out there actually distribute the copies they created from their UMDs.

The ISOs themselves aren't illegal. It's the act of distributing them to people who don't own the original game that is.

Anyways, no more ISO talk. Better to be quiet about it than to get banned for breaking the rules (no matter how insignificant they are). The second update is a major step-up. Now you can run games at 300MHz (which is great for a lot of games like LCS, Wipeout Pure, Midnight Run III, etc) and still have WiFi enabled. :)

Mr. Shizzy
October 29th, 2006, 19:13
The only reason ISOs are considered "illegal" is because morons out there actually distribute the copies they created from their UMDs.

The ISOs themselves aren't illegal. It's the act of distributing them to people who don't own the original game that is.

Anyways, no more ISO talk. Better to be quiet about it than to get banned for breaking the rules (no matter how insignificant they are). The second update is a major step-up. Now you can run games at 300MHz (which is great for a lot of games like LCS, Wipeout Pure, Midnight Run III, etc) and still have WiFi enabled. :)

Wrong. It is legal to make backups of games in some countrys. But it is illegal in the US. I'm not scared to talk about ISO's in this thread, b/c this thread is about an ISO loader !!! This is rediculous. This site won't even allow ISO talk, but b/c some mega popular app comes out, they just host it :confused: IMHO this is very hippocritical. Why can't we host custom gameboots then?

Cristyle
October 29th, 2006, 19:43
this is great, thx

BL4Z3D247
October 29th, 2006, 19:50
this is great, thx
LMAO, that was a quick edit :)

Nookadum
October 29th, 2006, 20:02
Wrong. It is legal to make backups of games in some countrys. But it is illegal in the US. I'm not scared to talk about ISO's in this thread, b/c this thread is about an ISO loader !!! This is rediculous. This site won't even allow ISO talk, but b/c some mega popular app comes out, they just host it :confused: IMHO this is very hippocritical. Why can't we host custom gameboots then?

Well, that is true in some countries. Well, I'll rephrase my statement.

The ISOs themselves aren't wrong. It's the act of creating and distributing them to people who don't own the original game that is.

;)

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 29th, 2006, 20:18
Anyone tried the 2nd one yet ??.Is speed select on XMB ?.

BL4Z3D247
October 29th, 2006, 20:24
Anyone tried the 2nd one yet ??.Is speed select on XMB ?.
no, when u flash it to install it tells u cirlcle=300mhz w/ working wifi on games, square=333mhz w/o wifi on games, cross=111mhz...i don't think u can toggle thru them

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 29th, 2006, 20:26
Bummer will wait till its xmb selectable that will be aswome..thxs dude.

BL4Z3D247
October 29th, 2006, 20:29
no problem bro :) for now it's better than having 222mhz though

M!ckeY
October 29th, 2006, 20:34
i tried it, but i have not played any games with it though.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 29th, 2006, 20:50
Only drawback i can see is that it rapes your battery something chronic.

BL4Z3D247
October 29th, 2006, 20:54
well i'm ususally home or somewhere i can plug my psp into a wall, so my battery going dead is not a likely case

Broadus
October 29th, 2006, 20:54
I'm positive everyone else has already said this, but 333mhz isn't overclocking. That's the exact speed the PSP was designed for.
1.5 users can just use DevHook to set their speeds to 333mhz.

BL4Z3D247
October 29th, 2006, 20:58
I'm positive everyone else has already said this, but 333mhz isn't overclocking. That's the exact speed the PSP was designed for.
1.5 users can just use DevHook to set their speeds to 333mhz.
yup fw 1.0 runs at 333mhz at all times :)

pkmaximum
October 29th, 2006, 21:12
Dam, I wanted the ability to clock to 333mhz in the web browser XD. Well this is still kind of good though, but if the wifi doesn't work, that is another problem as well. Cause Medal Of honor, I must play 0_0

BL4Z3D247
October 29th, 2006, 21:25
Dam, I wanted the ability to clock to 333mhz in the web browser XD. Well this is still kind of good though, but if the wifi doesn't work, that is another problem as well. Cause Medal Of honor, I must play 0_0
300mhz works with wifi in v02 :)

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 29th, 2006, 21:31
Still small price to pay for smother game performence,any one know of any long term problms from o/c ing a psp ?.After all thrashing the arse of a cpu over time will shorten the life of it.

Xiofire
October 29th, 2006, 21:45
when yew run wifi in 333mhz, what error comes up? An internal error?
Thanks
-Xiofire

Rocksil
October 29th, 2006, 21:49
to say the truth theirs no point at all of using this thing because any time u use it there is always a down side so just play ur psp at normal speed

Cristyle
October 29th, 2006, 22:15
whats the problem with the 333mhz setting? Why does wifi work properly in 300mhz mode ?

Cloudhunter
October 29th, 2006, 23:00
whats the problem with the 333mhz setting? Why does wifi work properly in 300mhz mode ?

Because the wifi adapter doesn't like being clocked at 333. however if 300 works... use it.

Cloudy

g00gy
October 30th, 2006, 00:36
to say the truth theirs no point at all of using this thing because any time u use it there is always a down side so just play ur psp at normal speed

but some games like outrun and worms have major lag if you dont set it to 333mhz

id definatilty kill some battery power for a smooth framerate

the_eternal_dark
October 30th, 2006, 07:23
Still small price to pay for smother game performence,any one know of any long term problms from o/c ing a psp ?.After all thrashing the arse of a cpu over time will shorten the life of it.

No, actual overclocking is the dangerous villian. Running at 333mhz is the stock clock for it, so no harm should come. Now for the battery, I'd say have a car charger on hand when you're out or get a bigger battery.

but some games like outrun and worms have major lag if you dont set it to 333mhz

id definatilty kill some battery power for a smooth framerate

Hell yeah.

Festizzio
October 30th, 2006, 07:46
Wow... and for those saying this supports iso loading, guess what, 333 mhz works for umd games too, and that's worth it enough to be news on this site, it's the same reason devhook is not considered against the rules on most sites.

Mr. Shizzy
October 30th, 2006, 16:57
Wow... and for those saying this supports iso loading, guess what, 333 mhz works for umd games too, and that's worth it enough to be news on this site, it's the same reason devhook is not considered against the rules on most sites.

That fact that it supports UMD's doesn't exactly justify the fact that it IS an ISO Loader !!!!!!! If this site really believes in the rules it sets, than this app should NOT be hosted here. BTW, The only "legal" DevHook in DCemu's eyes, is the "UMD only" version. And this thread is about 2.71 SE-B not DevHook. It is not right that DCemu electivley hosts things that are against it's policy, just to get more traffic, b/c the news is slow. If this site is all "legal" than fine. But they need to practice what they preach.