PDA

View Full Version : Unflash

jarshale
October 29th, 2006, 21:09
I was wondering if there was homebrew that removes all changes to 1.5 ( like font and boot screen) and returns it to stock. Any help would be much appreciated.

splodger15
October 29th, 2006, 21:10
You can just use the program you flashed it with but be sure to have custom firmware installed as if you get a brick you can recover it

mavsman4457
October 30th, 2006, 00:42
Wow, splodger I never noticed how many posts you had. I thought I looked at your posts just a week or two ago and you had only 100 something posts. Thanks for the contributions.

Kramer
October 30th, 2006, 00:47
Wow, splodger I never noticed how many posts you had. I thought I looked at your posts just a week or two ago and you had only 100 something posts. Thanks for the contributions.

Yeah splodger is great helper around here always tending to the noobs but some of his posts are pretty spammy:p

LilSwish722
October 30th, 2006, 02:54
not really. he has explained a few things to me and i sure as hell aint a noob. but cant u just use the restore to default setting?

ICE
October 30th, 2006, 03:00
i sure as hell aint a noob. but cant u just use the restore to default setting?

umm no. are you sure youre not a noob?

pibs
October 30th, 2006, 03:36
yea i also want to remove the harley g custom firmware but nothing seems to remove it. it should really have an option or atleast mention it in the readme.txt

M!ckeY
October 30th, 2006, 04:03
@ pibster
Go to the recovery menu, there is an option there that lets you remove it. :)

BL4Z3D247
October 30th, 2006, 04:17
@ pibster: or u could use "Slasher's CFW unflasher"(for any cfw based off DA's CFW), but M!keY's way is easier :)

pibs
October 30th, 2006, 04:17
kool thanks a bunch :D :)

decided to just keep it since it can fix it from beign bricked?

Distortional
October 30th, 2006, 07:30
You can just use the program you flashed it with but be sure to have custom firmware installed as if you get a brick you can recover it

Hey, i'm new to this forum by the way. It's helped me out a real lot so I thought i'd start contributing ...

I installed the custom firmware just cause I wanted the WLAN switch to work in that way. How does it recover a bricked PSP? Tell me more please :)

Festizzio
October 30th, 2006, 08:28
X-flash can be used to return your psp to factory, uninstalling custom firmware and all, and all in one simple action! :)

Distortional
October 30th, 2006, 16:22
X-flash can be used to return your psp to factory, uninstalling custom firmware and all, and all in one simple action! :)

Is that if you've bricked it too?

splodger15
October 30th, 2006, 16:24
If you have bricked you psp with no custom firmware installed that is it there is nothing you can do

Distortional
October 30th, 2006, 16:28
If you have bricked you psp with no custom firmware installed that is it there is nothing you can do

I have the custom firmware installed, I haven't bricked it. I'm just curious of how the custom firmware works and why sony didn't include a piece of software to fix bricked psp's.

bullhead
October 30th, 2006, 16:31
You can restore a modded 1.5 firmware to origional flash settings by obtaining a clean firmware dump and flashing it to the psp using a program called "themepsp"

This will remove any custom fonts/gameboots/bootsounds/ etc. But you will still have harleygs custom firmware.

Then you can enter recovery mode of harleygs custom firmware (hold switch) and remove it.

Now you will be left with a 100% clean firmware 1.5

You can obtain the clean 1.5 dump from psp-hacks.com I believe.

splodger15
October 30th, 2006, 16:43
Or you can dump it yourself

Distortional
October 30th, 2006, 16:47
Ohhh ok. Sounds cool. So is this custom firmware tied to anything? Like I have 1.5 with a devhooked 2.71. If I say, went to 2.71 SE revision B ... and got rid of devhook and stuff ... what would happen?

bullhead
October 30th, 2006, 16:53
Well if you modify your firmware and then dump it from your own psp, you will be getting a modified firmware dump.
But if you want to flash a clean unchanged firmware to your psp you will have to obtain a clean untouched dump. You therefore cant do this on your own psp if you have already modified it. It will just mean that you will be reflashing your psp with your own FLASH0/FLASH1 files, and therefore nothing will change.

Hence you need a clean 1.5 dump from an unmodified firmware.