PDA

View Full Version : halo for psp

red_name
October 30th, 2006, 02:02
how long would it take to make halo for psp??

PSPdemon
October 30th, 2006, 03:02
well.....it wouldnt be possible for many reasons

the main reason being that its not opensource and probably will never be

only chance is a mod of some game :P

anyway....here somthing i was messing around with....its the game dungons with a bit of some modification :P....since i still had models of MC and the AR, i was converting to work with dungons.... heres the work so far ( with textures working finaly + the model is somewhat close to the accual postion...will be adding hands in it :P )

still contemplating on a release due to the fact of my last speaking with microsoft/bungie personal....so i dont know yet :P ill probably change the weapons up a bit to feel like halo but not be halo.....its all still in thought :P

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/PSPdemon/100_06822copy.jpg

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

p.s. sorry about the big letters over the game, just that i dont want people looking at it and posting it on other sites as theirs..... also should show that its my works :P.....sorry :P

Destroyer699
October 30th, 2006, 03:09
Nice.

BL4Z3D247
October 30th, 2006, 03:16
demon that looks fcuking sick dude

gamehunter101
October 30th, 2006, 03:16
wow nice man hehe

Wally
October 30th, 2006, 03:23
Die!!!.. I Really Mean It!

MasterChafed
October 30th, 2006, 03:31
nice 1 man

AtariFreek
October 30th, 2006, 03:37
SICK!!!!!Nice man!

pibs
October 30th, 2006, 04:01
Damn demon that looks like a commercial game :)
btw MasterChafed hows ur halo 2d going?

red_name
October 30th, 2006, 14:05
well how would one go about gettin the script for halo and changing that???

psiko_scweek
October 30th, 2006, 15:11
as stated earlier the only way to get a halo on the PSP would be a mod of a homebrew game. What PSDemon has so far looks awesome, who knows if Dungeons3d keeps going the way it has been we might have something here.

red_name
October 30th, 2006, 15:14
well i was just wonderin cause a friend of my has all the data and code for bloodgulch

PSPdemon
October 31st, 2006, 01:56
well.... even if you came up with the source code....you wouldnt be able to release because then your going into legal matters ( since they themselves havent released any source )

also.... heres what i have plan with this mod.

Red - Important
Orange - not as important
Green - either already done or almost done
Black - not even in thought ( either because of its impossibility, or lacking somewhere in the engine )

Project H.E.L.O.

1. Finish up the first person look ( add hands in there so that its not just this floating gun :p )

2. Add more guns

3. Add Master Chief ( learning this new model format, instead of a unified model..... its seperated into 3 parts.... head, upper, lower. )

4. add a elite ( curently cant find one....but i will )

5. Make new levels

6. put new sounds in ( trying to figure out a way to make them sound like the halo sounds without them being the halo sounds )

More will come later as it developes...

BTW! these models are fan made and everything is going to be either fanmade, or hand done.... nothing is getting ripped, stolen or as of otherwise messing with microsoft.

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

V3N0M
October 31st, 2006, 02:11
This is Amazing Demon. Did you do this all your self?

cartmandude14
October 31st, 2006, 02:16
Good work man. This is some of the greatest stuff ive heard of in the homebrew scene in a while... actaully its probly in the top 5 greatest homebrew acheivements. I really can't wait for this. And if u need a beta tester. I can help you out. :D

PSPdemon
October 31st, 2006, 02:23
This is Amazing Demon. Did you do this all your self?

No

these models are done by someone else....

I took them originally from polycount ( before they were doing there YEAR LONG RENDERING PROGRESS )

also, the textures will be replaced with textures i will be making from scratch...with the feeling of halo but not ripped :P

mapping is on my mind last, because the maps are not neccesarily what i want yet... ( hopefully he will add angles to the textures to make them a little more interesting....also make the view go up and down......so you can see the world alot better :)

hopefully i will get this mod done without and disturbances..

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

p.s. hopefully my friend will give me a his Video recording modualated 1.5.....then ill give you a clip of it running :P

V3N0M
October 31st, 2006, 02:45
Hey demon whats up with DJMNV? It appears that my account has been deleted. And i can't really get on to get everything fixed. Some new cool changes to the web site. I've been so busy with programming these last few weeks. And i check back in and everything different lol.

PSPdemon
October 31st, 2006, 03:17
dang

every time i see you, you always come up with the "ITS ME JMAN FROM DJMNV!"

i dont know either.... my account got deleted too :(

still waiting for the video capable 1.5 to come in ( should come in any time soon hopefully )

V3N0M
October 31st, 2006, 04:52
Well demon if you acknowledged me once in a while. Maybe I would know that you knew that. Sorry about that man, I didn't realize you knew. That’s kinda funny though. Well anyways nice to see you too lol. I've been working on those projects that I mention before at DJMNV maybe you remember? There coming along nicely but it looks like your H.E.L.O game is going to kick the crap out of my remake of HALO ZERO lol.

mesosade
October 31st, 2006, 18:55
so this is a mod of dungeons3d? what format map and models does it use?

PSPdemon
November 1st, 2006, 01:21
k,

got SVC working with 1.5 finaly.... gonna post up a gif of it running :P ( hope its enough to make yall happy :P )

not much updated since the last pic, my screen is really F'ed up and i just ordered a new one so it will be a while before i get back to my modding :P

Anyway, keep an eye out on this thread....youll see a vid of it running very soon :P

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

edit: ( heres the vid pic...Enjoy :D )

--Warning-- this is a big Gif. ( over 5 mb's ) so 56kers may want to dl this :P

V3N0M
November 1st, 2006, 02:07
Impressive. I wonder if i should even continue my work on a remake of Halo Zero. lol This is so much better. Good work demon.

PSPdemon
November 1st, 2006, 02:22
Impressive. I wonder if i should even continue my work on a remake of Halo Zero. lol This is so much better. Good work demon.

well ive wanted to do a remake of halo zero as well.... but no engines have seemed to provide that feel.

if you show me your work and what engine your using... i might come over and help :P

im not even close to finished + im limited to alot ( maps, textures, ect ) so ill probably wait until theres a better version out..

Also, if you have a msn account, PM me so that i can add you in :P

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

V3N0M
November 1st, 2006, 02:31
Well i have an AIM account and a Yahoo account. Do you by chance have either of those? It would help alot if i have a graphix guy especially one as good as you.

xxpyro5maniacxx
November 13th, 2006, 23:32
hows work coming along on psp halo looking 4 2 it email me any time at [email protected]

zevende
November 18th, 2006, 17:24
So is the idea that you are going to make a mod out of this other game, and design levels based on Halo's to create a realistic PSP simulation of the game Halo?

xxpyro5maniacxx
November 22nd, 2006, 04:27
how long till u think that halo psp will be done?

chrono75
November 22nd, 2006, 05:08
Sounds like a fun project to me! I hope everything turns out right and you'll have at least one supporter, hehe!

Hobobo
December 30th, 2006, 23:11
Dang Demon that's a great thingy you got going =p

mbr7
December 31st, 2006, 04:03
that looks awesome :P

scottyboynow
December 31st, 2006, 14:49
whoa! I finished Halo 2 twice I wander if I Can Finish This! Lookin' Awesome

jfarre20
January 18th, 2007, 14:25
when is this coming out?

halcyon626
January 24th, 2007, 05:49
Yeah, this looks amazing if its gonna come out. Do you have any set date for its release? Anyway we can test it?

PSPdemon
February 6th, 2007, 18:23
Wow,

sorry that i left yall in the dust lately...been busy with the DC scene :P

as of how its coming, im still working on it, i have now the MC helmet in and working on getting the rest of his body on him :D

right now im having a problem of memory usage, so im trying to figure out a way to deal with that.

As far as mapping is concerned, i need to also get in touch with the creator of Dungons and see if hes willing to make mapping a key feature in the next release, i want to have the ability to add angles and curves to maps, i know that it can be done, but it will take a cost of the framerate most likely ( as seen with many attepts on Q2 and IRIS )

ALSO, for a release date, TBA, because i dont know when it will be released myself. It will come when its done :P

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

xcjzerox
February 14th, 2007, 10:51
IS It ready

PSPdemon
February 17th, 2007, 01:56
IS It ready

again, TBA, as of there is alot of bugs to fix still....and alot of tweaking to do.

It will be ready when its done...and ill give a notice out that it is coming :)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

coo
February 21st, 2007, 20:32
sounds cool! i can't wait for this and halo zero to come out!

thanks a bunch,

-coo

psiko_scweek
March 4th, 2007, 18:22
lol no offense but it sounds like Duke Nuken Forever....

"It will be ready, when its ready". lol

seriously though, good luck with that, cant wait to play it.

potatoman
May 20th, 2007, 21:02
MAN! i wish i never saw this, i wanna play it SOOOO bad! you should try to "reduce texture quality" in those areas, it worked for someone else making a shooting game.(albeit not the same graphic quality.)

Gold Line
May 29th, 2007, 19:56
we all wants now, lol

Safari Al
June 4th, 2007, 13:42
this looks like an awesome game. Cannot wait to play it!

gmer
July 16th, 2007, 03:11
controls for halo psp might be like this if made

JPJunkie
August 28th, 2007, 19:28
This looks amazing wow you're a legend mate lol

PSPdemon
August 28th, 2007, 19:49
Sorry about that,

ive been busy with alot of other things lately, if yall want Halo Dungons so much, i might finish it up and release mine...

ive just been so busy i havent had much time to do many more releases.

Ill look into finishing and releaseing unless D.E.2 comes out ( i only have the demo, but with everything in the demo, it looks more like a promising engine to modify )

ill give you updates soon about it now that i have free time.

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

JPJunkie
August 30th, 2007, 11:24
Sorry about that,

ive been busy with alot of other things lately, if yall want Halo Dungons so much, i might finish it up and release mine...

ive just been so busy i havent had much time to do many more releases.

Ill look into finishing and releaseing unless D.E.2 comes out ( i only have the demo, but with everything in the demo, it looks more like a promising engine to modify )

ill give you updates soon about it now that i have free time.

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Sounds Good:thumbup:

This thread has inspired me to ask do you think someone could make The eldor scrolls : oblivion for the psp or a realistic copy

PSPdemon
August 30th, 2007, 21:26
Sounds Good

This thread has inspired me to ask do you think someone could make The eldor scrolls : oblivion for the psp or a realistic copy

hmmmm...... i would say yes if someone made a engine that supported scripting and ai ploting.... also map dividing or "sectioning" ( remember, we are talking about the psp.....not a super gaming pc )

it would be posible to follow the large landscapes, and the story likeness, but in terms of quality...... youll probably look at a Hexen II gone big...

there isnt a engine yet that can support these kind of things....but who knows....time will tell :)

Right now im holding off until D.E.2 comes out... it supports things like slopes, slants, difrent thickness to brushes and such... ( this would be a more suitable engine for me :) )

anyway, in D.E where i last left off was the import of the AR, and a few textures ( which im redoing )and i was working on getting MC in there ( not as easy to do as i thought, since the move from md2 to md3 is a little more complicated....eg, the model is seperated into 3 parts....not just one whole )

When D.E.2 comes out, it should be adaquete to make great maps and could be the next best thing to a Halo likeness engine

Much more to come when i install all my editors back up

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Noobtaculus
August 31st, 2007, 19:49
so we just have to wait for the d.e.2 engine?

PSPdemon
August 31st, 2007, 20:27
so we just have to wait for the d.e.2 engine?

yes,

then the time to appling the changes from D.E.1 to D.E.2

also mapping times, graphic fixes, ect...

IF i can get my hands on a early copy....i can start work right away so that by the time D.E.2 is released to the public, my mod should be close to finished or finished ( depending on the time i get to work on it )

ive made a few suggestions and ideas to charnold and im waiting for a response :P

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

JPJunkie
September 8th, 2007, 10:27
hmmmm...... i would say yes if someone made a engine that supported scripting and ai ploting.... also map dividing or "sectioning" ( remember, we are talking about the psp.....not a super gaming pc )

it would be posible to follow the large landscapes, and the story likeness, but in terms of quality...... youll probably look at a Hexen II gone big...

there isnt a engine yet that can support these kind of things....but who knows....time will tell :)

Right now im holding off until D.E.2 comes out... it supports things like slopes, slants, difrent thickness to brushes and such... ( this would be a more suitable engine for me :) )

anyway, in D.E where i last left off was the import of the AR, and a few textures ( which im redoing )and i was working on getting MC in there ( not as easy to do as i thought, since the move from md2 to md3 is a little more complicated....eg, the model is seperated into 3 parts....not just one whole )

When D.E.2 comes out, it should be adaquete to make great maps and could be the next best thing to a Halo likeness engine

Much more to come when i install all my editors back up

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Thanks for the answer and it sounds great

Campin_Carl
September 29th, 2007, 08:44
is this still goin on?
i was gonna do somethin for iris, but it died which was kinda lame, so i stopped with the psp stuff.
if this is still goin on, ill finish a battle rifle ive been workin on, if someone wants to give skinning it shot.
also, are the hands u made for the assault rifle master chiefs hands, or some sorta cs hands that u took?

PSPdemon
September 29th, 2007, 16:54
is this still goin on?
i was gonna do somethin for iris, but it died which was kinda lame, so i stopped with the psp stuff.
if this is still goin on, ill finish a battle rifle ive been workin on, if someone wants to give skinning it shot.
also, are the hands u made for the assault rifle master chiefs hands, or some sorta cs hands that u took?

It is still going on.... just taking time.

I have a 2 fanmade models. Master Chief and a Assault Riffle... ( they were originally only meant for CS.... but converted it to the format I needed )

so... the hands im using are from the fan made version of Master Chief.

The new model format ( the move from MD2 to MD3 ) is kinda hard.... MS3D doesnt want to export them to work with DE1.... but I think the GMAX solution is the way to go....

ill have to figure out how to move over my animations from MS3D to GMAX though before i can move any further ( its probably easy.... )

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Campin_Carl
September 30th, 2007, 00:37
ahh sweet
im max_hempfling btw, incase someone remembers me X)
i deleted the elite i made for counter strike which is kinda unfortunate cause it was a realy good remake of the model i had a while ago :(

Campin_Carl
October 3rd, 2007, 02:14
k well i can usualy get stuff done on thursday-sunday, cause then im on my computer, but since my progress report just got sent home, im prolly gonna get my comp taken away

thehumanidiot
October 3rd, 2007, 02:32
pspdemon can you give us the version with the assualt rifle, or just the image files or whatever?

PSPdemon
October 25th, 2007, 04:25
fyi...

for the people wanting this mod... check out my progress thread...

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=74511

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

darkness angel 777
October 28th, 2007, 20:13
very nice.

thehumanidiot
November 6th, 2007, 23:10
were do i download? i don't see a link

seƒerismo
November 8th, 2007, 08:32
looks like a photoshop work.

Cap'n 1time
November 8th, 2007, 09:46
looks like a photoshop work.

Because its a lot easier to photo shop a low poly assault rifle that doesnt exist than it is to model one... Some of you people never cease to amaze me... Ignore that first pic though, as its an early example of the dungeon engine using halo models and stuff

It's genuine. Modeling with such low polys is so simple I would imagine it would be more difficult to doctor a pic. Also our staff members and moderators dont make shit up.

It should be noted that as far as i know we are using a slightly modified Quake 1 engine. Its much more powerful than dungeons currently is.. but it also doesnt look quite as good (though high res textures may be in the works). On the other hand, it much easier to recreate the Halo gameplay with it. If quake 2 ever sees a more mature release it wont be that hard to move to that

Eviltaco64
March 21st, 2008, 19:14
Good idea reviving this one!

Eviltaco64
March 21st, 2008, 19:24
No, I'm not being sarcastic.
This project was looking good.

Eviltaco64
March 21st, 2008, 20:00
lol I'm still patiently awaiting Dædalus R14

Eviltaco64
March 21st, 2008, 20:06
Nah, he posts frequent updates when hes up to it.
Then he starts posting monthly.
Then he vanishes for a little while, he's done it before, and I'm sure he'll be back by May.

2dumb2live
March 22nd, 2008, 01:08
yes i am awaiting this mod also. it will be better then jomart2000 and i's, in it own ways. this will have the better looking weapons our's will have the maps and the other great things. i just wish jomart and i were better at making models.

No_one_in_particular
March 22nd, 2008, 04:17
^I think I've played your PSP halo and it looks impressive.

No_one_in_particular
March 23rd, 2008, 22:12
Here you are (http://www.pspmod.com/forums/sony-psp-homebrew/24167-psp-halo.html). Can't remember which one I played, like.

2dumb2live
March 29th, 2008, 03:35
rip through that archive there are many link i have not yet posted on the first page.

mcdougall57
April 22nd, 2008, 21:28
nice demon :)

pingoo89
May 31st, 2008, 17:33
nice work demon! stickyage any mods?