PDA

View Full Version : The demos are a trick! maybe.

bullhead
October 31st, 2006, 00:37
I think Sony might be releasing these commercial game demos in order for homebrew developers such as booster, to push for new firmware emulation on the psp in order to find anything they may have missed before releasing the firmware with the psx emulator.

I dont think a new devhook should be released for 2.81 incase the same exploit is still there in the new ps emu firmware.

A new devhook will reveal this exploit to sony, and they will patch it, making things a lot slower on the homebrew front.

No?

Edshugeo
October 31st, 2006, 01:26
Also limiting the amount of PS1 emulator launch games to 9, may also be intended as yet another chess move, testing the durability of whatever firmware is in use by then.

mavsman4457
October 31st, 2006, 03:25
I think Sony might be releasing these commercial game demos in order for homebrew developers such as booster, to push for new firmware emulation on the psp in order to find anything they may have missed before releasing the firmware with the psx emulator.

I dont think a new devhook should be released for 2.81 incase the same exploit is still there in the new ps emu firmware.

A new devhook will reveal this exploit to sony, and they will patch it, making things a lot slower on the homebrew front.

No?

I know what your thinking and it's a good idea but Sony is not that stupid. They read these websites. They read your posts. They probably even read private chats of Booster and hitchhkr by hacking into them some way. They know there is an exploit that's been found. Good thinking though.

cloud_952
October 31st, 2006, 03:37
They probably even read private chats of Booster and hitchhkr by hacking into them some way.

Now, that's taking paranoia to a whole new level. ^_^; It's ILLEGAL for Sony to eavesdrop on citizens, and they have no way of doing it shy of shredding tons of laws. No corporation would go so far as to personally stalk several devs (you have to find their IPs first), then personally find out when, how, and where they converse, and then hack their personal data.

They most likely DO read message boards. o_O But hacking/dirty and underhanded practices, that's going a little TOO far in paranoia. I suggest getting some fresh air and sunlight.

kando
October 31st, 2006, 04:21
just remember this....2.82 came out with no apparant reason.

sony knows about their exploits, and wether devhook is released or not 3.00 will be a whole new ballpark.

my 2 cents.

and yes, they do read forums and probably sit in irc chat rooms. HI SONY!!!

but they cant read private messages :P

pibs
October 31st, 2006, 04:32
man u guys are smokin that reefer cuz sony wouldn't waste their time hacking and all that mumbo jumbo but they do monitor the forums :) but of course sony aint stupid the demos sound like what bullhead is talking about or else there would be a greater variety of them

AtariFreek
October 31st, 2006, 05:13
good idea but i agree with everyone else.

psiko_scweek
October 31st, 2006, 14:59
You know, we all know that Sony watches the PSP homebrew forums, but i doubt they really care about most homebrew. They do block it for security reasons so that an average PSP user does not get a PSPVirus or whatnot. But i really doubt that Sony really cares bout most the homebrew that has come out, in fact I bet that a bunch of the sony execs. that have PSPs have homebrew on their PSP to play emulation. But for their own interest for profit and such they have to block homebrew for reasons like DevHooks ability to play ISOs and 2.71-SE B' ability to play ISOs natively. Sony does not make money on the sales of PSPs they make money on the sales of PSP games and movies (well, ok Games) so for their own interest they block homebrew so that they can make money.

Also from what Ive read, there is a beta devhook floating around that devs have that can emulate 2.8x including 2.82. But booster is not releasing it.

splodger15
October 31st, 2006, 17:08
I wouldnt like devhook to be released at 3.00 because then i wouldnt be able to purchase vice city stories

Tetris999
November 3rd, 2006, 15:48
2 words demos suck<----- why? because therye cliffhangers so they make you want to buy the game which is for money and demos arent that much fun except metroid prime hunters demo that was :P

gamerremag
November 4th, 2006, 21:06
metriod prime hunters demo? the one that came with the system? oh yeah tht was a blast:rolleyes: