PDA

View Full Version : Release of Jman420's background pack #1

jman420
October 31st, 2006, 07:17
Hello again everyone, I was just playing around with my computer tonight, and found that I could make some realy cool looking images, that would work great as psp backgrounds! So, I wanted to share them with everyone! I will also be working on other packs depending on how well these go over :p

I dont know how to add images as viewable with this new forum system, but there is an image attached :D

I appriciate all comments, hope someone enjoys these :D

Download Via Comments

blackrave
October 31st, 2006, 16:23
The sample looks great and I bet it fits perfectly as a PSP background.

I haven't looked at the other images yet, but I'm downloading the package.

Thanks, Jman420! :)

Post-post:
OK, I've seen them now. They all look very good, but I have a few advices for the new pack:
Can you try to variate the images a little more? Some of the images were the same, only altered a little. Or, it's fine that you make the same images with a few alterings, but maybe you can add more images (I mean motives, sort of) instead?

Also, I would like some of them a little brighter, because I think they are a little dark.

I really want to see a second pack, so I hope you do it.

jman420
October 31st, 2006, 17:18
well thanks, I know what you mean about the variation.. What I tried to d o was make a few of them with different colors, although they were the same deisgn, they had different colos. But, yes, all of those were made in about 20 miniutes, so on the next pack, there will be many more variations.

And yeah, some of them were on a black background, and some on white, I will try to make on gray, or other colors as backgrounds.

Thank you for the comments :p

S34MU5
October 31st, 2006, 17:19
I might make a BG pack....

What are these images about. i had to put the brightness up to like 100 just to see what it is barely. it looks like a heart....

jman420
October 31st, 2006, 17:37
NO! NO HEART! its just kick ass looking disfigured abstract shapes on a white or black background... they arent of anything in specific, but abstract shapes colored abstractly...

steve-b
October 31st, 2006, 17:49
I reckon if you made the shapes bigger and more twisted, then made the background image out of just a section of the complete image, it'd look real sweet

BL4Z3D247
October 31st, 2006, 17:54
i just see a black piture(when i click on the attachment) :confused:

DraconumPB
October 31st, 2006, 18:06
Jman what application do you use for 3d work?

jman420
October 31st, 2006, 18:46
well, thats a good suggestion, I've tried methods like that today (those images I made in about 2 hours lastnight) and, I think that I will have a new pack done in the next few days (with better images, and not just abstract dots on a background)..

Blazed, just turn up the brightness of your monitor.. all the images were made with high contrast so it will look more intence, but at the cost of being dark..

and Draconum, I use Autodesk 3D Studio Max :D

mr_nick666
October 31st, 2006, 19:39
Great work man :D Larger images would be cool :p

tophead420
October 31st, 2006, 20:09
lol i made some bgs a few months ago for 1.5 psps but you have to flash them i might release them on here if anyone is interested and im workin on themes (use x-flash to flash my themes lol) for psp to you can get my first theme on my forums on my sig but iv been workin on a crap load of bgs for my 1.5 so rmember if your intersted tell me and ill release them for you guys and great work jman

jman420
October 31st, 2006, 23:03
I think that was spam! thanks tho... woulda mind not posting your stuff on other people's forums tho? lol

tophead420
November 1st, 2006, 08:42
lol i wasnt goin to on yours i have my own i was just sayin that i worked on a few myself

jman420
November 20th, 2006, 04:50
I just felt like bringing my page up again for those that frequent the news forums...

TacticalBread
November 20th, 2006, 05:34
Heh, it worked :p

Very nice backgrounds, although they are a bit dark.