PDA

View Full Version : Metareview - Killzone: Liberation

wraggster
October 31st, 2006, 16:40
Via Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2006/10/30/metareview-killzone-liberation/)

With that Killzone sequel stuck somewhere in the PlayStation 3 pipeline, Sony and Guerilla have opted to keep the franchise alive with a PSP spin-off, releasing this week. Guerilla was not up to the task of proving FPSs could be done well on PSP, so Liberation is brought to us in third-person, which has proved more stable and successful on the platform. But releasing alongside Vice City Stories and a pair of Q Entertainment puzzlers could mean Liberation gets slept on.

Here are some mixed critiques:

IGN (90/100) opines Killzone's got "depth" and "accessibility," making it "one of the best games on [PSP]."

GameDaily (80/100) gives a clear-cut endorsement: "Killzone: Liberation is definitely worth buying."

Game Informer (73/100) applauds Guerilla for "actually trying to do some quality work on the PSP," but warns, "this game will kick your ass" because of awkward controls and difficulty balance.

hanky
October 31st, 2006, 19:01
The demo showed a crappy game, but Ill give it a try.

muffinman
October 31st, 2006, 19:05
i've been playing this game for a while and its actually very good. hard but good

takes a while to get used to the style and it can be a bit ackward and times buit hey every game has its faughts

Jonesyxxiv
October 31st, 2006, 19:16
Yeah ive been playing this for a while now and i think this game is awesome. Its definatly my favorite PSP game right now.

Edit: I just beat the game :)

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
October 31st, 2006, 20:16
yeah, it's a very good game...but you need to get use to it to enjoy it :)

SigmatiC
October 31st, 2006, 20:18
Best psp game so far

Cloud_35
October 31st, 2006, 20:34
The demo showed a crappy game, but Ill give it a try.

It's a matter of what do you wanna play fella!!!

Cause that was the best demo I've tried!!!

DPyro
October 31st, 2006, 20:54
How do you beat the one boss battle, with the machine gun and spidermines. I've died so many times its not funny :(

**1_Man_Matrix**
October 31st, 2006, 22:19
I've only played the demo. It retained the atmosphere of the original Killzone on PS2, which I really like (Bit repetitive, but a good shooter).
Great graphics, and the style is ok, though I'm more of a FPS fan. Anyways, it was enough to convince me to give the full game a go, so I'll definently pick it up :D

But no company should be scared to try a genre on a system, i.e. First Person Shooters on PSP.

emuking
November 1st, 2006, 00:09
How do you beat the one boss battle, with the machine gun and spidermines. I've died so many times its not funny :(

hold l and r and shoot as you normally would when targeting a barrel, it makes it trickier and harder but its the only way you can target any of the different parts,hope that helped and good luck

DPyro
November 1st, 2006, 03:52
I actually finally beat this awhile ago. The trick is to take out the turret, then the rockets, and finally the grenades. Also watch out for spidermines.

benn
November 1st, 2006, 14:33
yeah i reckon that this boss was the hardest in the game because he was so unexpected - also, i played through the whole game before doing any challenges.
i really recommend that you do some challenges first and unlock upgrades.
to defeat the boss i had a very limited arsenal but here was the gameplan.

run left to box. L+R to target the minicannon at front. threw 2 frags then expended my 6 last shotgun shells. this should put it to about 400-450HP. the box you are hiding behind will only last about 4 rounds of fire from the minigun. as it explodes i grabbed the health (cos i was only 50% to start with) then rolled behind the main central box.
he pummels that and as he is reloading, run to the bottom left crate, grab rocket launcher and more frags.
roll back to main central box. L+R to target mini gun again. frag it. then step out and blast it with 3 missiles.
at this point you should be dodging lots of his rockets and this is about rollling running and L+R. it is a pain in the ass but you need to take out the minigun.
when the minigun is on about 5HP and you are relading the final missile he will probably release the spider mines. run and grab the Assault Rifle and stand in a corner. as they bunch together, shoot the first one and the explosion should kill the others. go and finish the minigun.
keep dodging his rockets and run to the bottom right crate and grab the sniper rifle. now just roll, run and L+R and focus on the Rocket launchers. whenever he releases spider mines, go and grab the assault rifle. dont be tempted to take them on with your sniper rifle! just repeat this until you run out of Sniper and then carry on with the assault rifle. keep at it... it is one of the most frustrating fights i can remeber in recent gaming history (it took me 87 attempts lol!) but is worth it.

once you have done that boss, the rest of the game is piss.

on another note, i love this game. just wish the single player was longer.

Russoxley187
November 1st, 2006, 15:09
I kinda like it, but it gives me a head ache after a while, the guy is sooo tiny...
Good game otherwise..
Kinda hard too