PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer's BDP-HD1 Blu-ray player also delayed until December

wraggster
November 1st, 2006, 00:33
There must be something really hard about making those Blu-ray players that no one seems to have anticipated. First Sony had to announce twice that its BDP-S1 was going to be delayed until December 2006 due to software bugs. Now Pioneer has been delayed too, for unspecified failure to meet "quality control requirements," which may or may not be related to the other assorted blue laser shortages. The BDP-HD1, which was due to come out this month (after having been delayed from its previous May launch), won't ship now until December as well. The price, however, has dropped since we last eyed it at CES -- it's now down to $1500. We're still not sure which is bluer, us consumers, who have been trying to get one of these Blu-ray players until we go blue in the face, or Pioneer, who is singin' the blues. (This entry has been brought to you by the color "blue.")

jerrt
November 1st, 2006, 15:52
i wish we could find out what is really causing all these delays. I would like to know if there is going to be a problem with the ps3 before i buy one.

Pumped'Up
November 2nd, 2006, 07:23
The problem is with manufacturing the blue lasers that are used in both HD-DVD and Blu-Ray. This is why there hasn't been any new players recently - only the first gen HD-DVD and BR players from Toshiba and Samsung respectively.