PDA

View Full Version : Gb Hack

abeisgreat
November 1st, 2006, 04:18
I was just wondering has anyone ever put the guts of a sp into a original gb to give a new system some old school Flavor!

Junixx
November 2nd, 2006, 00:53
I doubt that possible....but anyway there was an afterburn mod for the original GBA wasnt there?

kcajblue
November 2nd, 2006, 01:22
that would be awesome if someone did that.

The Hombrew Hunter
November 2nd, 2006, 01:35
...I have an Afterburner IN my old GBA..

My mom picked it up at...I think Otakon? Yeah, for 40. My dad installed it. Brighter than the GBASP's, 'sall I know.

abeisgreat
November 2nd, 2006, 01:37
ok I wish i could find an after burner

kcajblue
November 2nd, 2006, 01:45
so it just makes your backlight brighter

abeisgreat
November 2nd, 2006, 01:51
ya but its cool

kcajblue
November 2nd, 2006, 01:55
what makes it so cool.

abeisgreat
November 2nd, 2006, 02:21
i dont know. Its just different i guess

The Hombrew Hunter
November 2nd, 2006, 02:29
No, teh AFTERBURNER puts a backlight in your GBA PHAT!

abeisgreat
November 2nd, 2006, 04:19
Tru dat Homebrew Hunter!

kcajblue
November 2nd, 2006, 05:10
i guess it would be awesome to have a backlight on the original GBA but ive never had an original GBA so i dont really care for the afterburner.

abeisgreat
November 2nd, 2006, 05:55
how could you never have had a gba original! The gba was bigger than the year 2000!

kcajblue
November 2nd, 2006, 15:04
i never had one cause i was busy with my GBC playing the oracle zelda games with my cousin.

cloud_952
November 2nd, 2006, 15:31
i never had one cause i was busy with my GBC playing the oracle zelda games with my cousin.

So was I.. except I was busy playing those games on my GBA (original). O_O

Totally pointless.. but yes. The game did look a bit nicer on the GBA, and they had the (totally useless) extra shop. ^_^

abeisgreat
November 2nd, 2006, 16:21
Ya i have 2 of almost every nintendo handheld ever made.(including the Gameboy Lite,but i only have one of those)

sonikku88
November 2nd, 2006, 20:56
I smashed up my old GBA not too long ago. With a baseball bat, cuz the front screen had come off and the LCD screen had cracked. Plus it was the pink one, which I did not want btw. I ordered a clear blue one for some site, but they didn't have one in stock so they sent a pink one. So yeah, I had an SP too, with I traded in with other things to get the DS Lite.

abeisgreat
November 3rd, 2006, 15:38
How Could You! you should have had givin the gba a proper Gba burning Ceremony!!!

chemical
November 3rd, 2006, 15:51
This is a good idea, its probably possibe but you're bound to run into some problems.

abeisgreat
November 3rd, 2006, 16:03
probably, but what you gonna do?

kcajblue
November 4th, 2006, 00:23
there will only be problems if you dont have a bucket of water on standby.

abeisgreat
November 4th, 2006, 05:23
Its more fun if you dont put the fire out!

kcajblue
November 4th, 2006, 05:30
it is fun to not let the fire out.
i like watching the fire go out itself.
i only have the bucket only as a safety precaution.

abeisgreat
November 4th, 2006, 05:36
Ya Safety First, by the way have you seen the images of the guy who blew up a nes cartridge with a fire cracker?

kcajblue
November 4th, 2006, 06:28
no.
could you possibly post a link.
but i seen a video of a guy who destroyed his psp and put a little firecracker in it.

pibs
November 4th, 2006, 07:10
hey about that afterburner, it works great i have it for my original gba tv tuner, it eats up alot of batteries though about 4 for the tuner and 2 for the gba + the afterburner makes it waste more batteries. U get about 2hours atleast of okay quality tv if u get a good signal out in the woods lol.

hey and that gb light is cool my friend had the gold one.

ps. do u know where i can get a original battery cover for my gbpocket also im looking for a screen since mines pretty scratched

Edit: hey I found this clip on youtube of The GameBoy ATAPI CD Player....... is that really possible?WTF sounds kinda fake cuz the quality is too good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEc6p2jjRdM&mode=related&search=

Edit: found out its real sounds like a really great nintendo mod :) if u have a spare NES u can mod it and install the CD drive to it so that it then connects to ur GB or GB pocket dunno if the GBcolor or adv works but this sounds like a very cool stereo kinda thing to make it involves a Z80 program and using a gb cartrige to connect to the pin connector

sry if this is old news but just sounds like a great mod and ive never heard of it ;D

abeisgreat
November 4th, 2006, 19:57
Thats awsome! by the way kcajblue I will post the link to the blown up cart as soon as i find it again Also Pibster have you tryed
ebay?