PDA

View Full Version : BootDreams 0.1 released (selfboot tool)

fackue
March 3rd, 2005, 07:37
A new selfboot tool has made its way by yours truely.

BootDreams will pave the way for all things to come (not really, just wanted it to sound good). Actually, this selfboot tool is fully packed. Check out some of the cool features it has:

- Create DiscJuggler images
- Create Nero TAO & DAO images
- Burn a disc with a single click using the CDRecord GUI
- Burn to a fresh or continue a multi-session disc with the CDRecord GUI (for DemoMenu and DCHakker)
- Burn AUDIO/DATA & DATA/DATA formatted discs with the CDRecord GUI
- Detect the status of binary when creating image (you will be alerted when the binary is unscrambled)
- Create an IP.BIN if none is detected
- Option to auto-dummy a CD (AUDIO/DATA dummying has a cool feature, the audio is the dummy, saving your Dreamcast's laser from sliding all over the place on a regular file dummy)
- Rockridge & Joliet Support (no more file names in NesterDC as SUPERMARIO_!__USA_.NES)
- BDS file support (Place these bad boys in the \bds folder. Select the one for your homebrew game and if a required file wasn't found, it'll let you know and stop the image creation)

I still have things planned for other versions, but I won't list them here. I don't want to dissapoint anyone if it never gets done. If you notice any problems, and I mean any, e-mail me at [email protected]. Hope you enjoy!

Download BootDreams 0.1 over at Dreamcast Help. (http://www.consolevision.com/members/fackue/prj_bootdreams.shtml)

I must give a big thanks for the following people:
BlackAura for isostrip and his knowledge about CDRecord
SiZiOUS for creating a command line version of IP.BIN Creator
curt_grymala, OmegaDog, SiZiOUS for testing
http://www.visualbasicforum.com for their help with my screwed up code.

Mental2k
March 3rd, 2005, 10:23
Must check this out when i get home.

Neo_Matrix_IV
March 3rd, 2005, 21:21
Doesn't seem to work correctly for me.... when i try to boot up the image on Chankast, it starts loading and the shows the audio cd screen with 99 tracks :-/... haven't tested it on a real dc though ::)

oggy
March 3rd, 2005, 21:38
wow what's a wonderfull release, better than selfboot , i love the cd-record GUI :D , it will be great if it was possible to burn pre-made cdi image with this GUI ( so i can fire my nero and alcohol from my HD wooshhh... :P ) .

Also I think it will be cool to make two versions : - the light one with only CD-record GUI

- an extended version with many more feature .

anyway cool release :)

Pavlik
March 3rd, 2005, 23:46
I make an ISO and open it using CDmage (two times). It looks like this images has a lot of errors. It will work? I think nope.

fackue
March 4th, 2005, 02:13
It's been fully tested. I'm not sure which image you create and checked. DiscJuggler images, they've been tested and worked. Nero images, they've been tested and works. CDRecord GUI has been tested and it works.

Whether they work in CDMage or anything else, I don't know.

I've spent 2 weeks straight, hour after hour on this project - not that it's relevant, I just thought you guys should know.

fackue
March 4th, 2005, 04:27
Hey guys, sorry - BootDream 0.1's BDS file support didn't fully work. I've release a fix to this which you can get it at the link in the first post.

OmegaDog
March 4th, 2005, 07:45
I make an ISO and open it using CDmage (two times). It looks like this images has a lot of errors. It will work? I think nope.

Don't worry about the errors -- WinRAR isn't able to read these ISO images either, but when the ISO images you've made are burned onto disc tracks, the DC (and your comp) should read them just fine from the disc.

Anyway, it was great to be able to test it. Definitely a nice and easy way to go from a set of plainfiles to a bootable disc.

Skyhawk
March 4th, 2005, 23:17
Wow, this sounds like the ultimate selfboot kit! Especially the neat features as Rockridge support, audio/data or data/data and dummying makes me want to step of my religion of using BurnerO's Selboot Buddy 2.0. I'll check it out soon, thanks fackue!

Zorlon
March 4th, 2005, 23:41

CDMage doesn't handle Dual Sessions used for selfbootable Dreamcast games thats all, most the time CDMage will just freeze totally atempting to open dual session images

It also can't read the iso files made with mkisofs even though they are just fine

fackue
March 5th, 2005, 08:05
When using the CDRecord GUI, and none of your CD drives show up - you will need to install an ASPI driver. There is one mirrored on my site.

I'm fixing this right now to notify the user that they need to install one if they have this problem.

curt_grymala
March 5th, 2005, 16:26
LyingWake - you are doing everything with this tool that burnerO never thought of doing with his tools. It would be truly amazing to somehow see your changes added in to SBInducer. A one-touch CDRecord GUI, along with the ease and functionality of SBInducer would be incredible. Detailed error messages based on all of the issues we've ever had with Selfboot and SBInducer would be awesome.

Anyway - this truly is a great tool. The auto-dummying is a really cool feature, and the one-touch CDRecord GUI is exactly what this community needed.

fackue
March 5th, 2005, 21:45
A new version has been released.

What's new:
- Tells the user if an ASPI driver needs to be installed
- Burn DiscJuggler images (CDI) with CDRecord via CDIRip

Grab the new version here (http://consolevision.com/members/fackue/prj_bootdreams.shtml).

huskie
October 10th, 2005, 14:36
I have made the image with bootdreams 0.5, but when im going to emule on chankast the game stucks at SEGA logo. What im doing wrong?