PDA

View Full Version : 2.71 SE revision B''

MikeDX
November 2nd, 2006, 12:20
Dark alex has released another update to his wonderful custom SE firmware.

This release includes a version bypass, allowing you to play GTA;VCS from the umd! So all those of you who "backed up" your umd to play it on you 2.71 handhelds, you now have no excuse!

Changes:

- Added SFO version bypass to real umd's. (this should enable gta vcs umd to be played).
- Fixed the problem of error 0x8002012D in certain games when plain modules is enabled.
Because the problem is gone, the updater will reset the option of plain modules to enabled.
If for some reason you still have that error, report it and disable the option, but it should be fixed now.

Download via comments

Nikolaos
November 2nd, 2006, 12:35
very nice :P should i buy GTA =)

Vega
November 2nd, 2006, 12:35
Holy crap... this dude doesnt sleep does he? Nicity!

EDIT : Thing is.. Im tempted to try these emulated firmwares... but man... I don't know why.. but I just cant give up my 1.5 . . . I wanted 1.5 for so long and when I got it back when the 2.6 - 1.5 downgrader was released.. I swore Id never write to flash again. But there aint much point in staying with 1.5 now is there? Hmmm.. decisions.

tuta
November 2nd, 2006, 12:40
wait does this mean that now all 2.80+ umd games are all playable because of this new patch?
If so this is great we wouldnt need devhook 2.81 we just need a devhook 3.0:D

MikeDX
November 2nd, 2006, 12:42
I suspect not all, but some... I bet he's got some plans in the pipeline to fix that too ;)

jimmi
November 2nd, 2006, 13:02
dude this confuses me... can we use this with devhook?:confused:

sorry for my n00bishness

So wait is this better than 1.50 ?

SpooForBrains
November 2nd, 2006, 13:22
EDIT : Thing is.. Im tempted to try these emulated firmwares... but man... I don't know why.. but I just cant give up my 1.5 . . . I wanted 1.5 for so long and when I got it back when the 2.6 - 1.5 downgrader was released.. I swore Id never write to flash again. But there aint much point in staying with 1.5 now is there? Hmmm.. decisions.

Well, I don't see why you'd bother emulating a firmware when you can just run it instead. I don't see anything that staying on 1.5 gives you anymore. Plus, if for some reason you don't like it, you can downgrade to 1.5 really easily (or so I'm lead to believe) using the recover mode.

Now, I'm still on SE-A. I don't have GTA and I don't use ISOs. Is there anything this firmware gives me? The ability to play the 2.8 only demos would be nice.

(note, not knocking dark_alex's work at all, just wondering whether it's worth me upgrading)

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 2nd, 2006, 13:24
Holy crap... this dude doesnt sleep does he? Nicity!

Dude u really need to try 2.71 SE-B u can a lways revert back to 1.5 if u ever need to 2.71 SE-B really is the muts nutz !!!! after all what can u do on 1.5 u cant on 2.71 SE-B ??? u have all the strwengths and none of its weakneses.

Vega
November 2nd, 2006, 13:27
Well.. if this new release can run Smackdown vs Raw 2007 when its released next week.. and Devhook cant.. I'll go for this new release. If Devhook can run SD vs Raw fine.. I guess I'll just stick with 1.5.

Dark Alex is a freakin' hackin' machine!

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 2nd, 2006, 13:27
dude this confuses me... can we use this with devhook?:confused:

sorry for my n00bishness

So wait is this better than 1.50 ?

Dunno dude gonna try it sounds like it has the module attached to the *B* update to me. So no need for devhook.

jimmi
November 2nd, 2006, 13:32
wait ... im going to give this a try but what if i still have that dirty firmware thing from the 2.60 to 1.50 downgrade ? will it **** my psp ?

steve-b
November 2nd, 2006, 13:33
why would you want to go back to UMD playing after experiencing the performance enhancing effect of 'backing up' your UMD?

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 2nd, 2006, 13:35
Remove any mods u may have m8 like gameboots fonts and older 1.5 custom firmware just to be safe.Then download one of the full packs + B update offthe site install (always a risk involved when writting to flash never heard of a bricker yet tho from this) and enjoy...

jimmi
November 2nd, 2006, 13:52
ok while its charging whats the difference between this and 1.50 ?

Vega
November 2nd, 2006, 14:14
ok screw it.. im gonna try this too.

jimmi
November 2nd, 2006, 14:20
:D yeh im with vega im gna do it ! when i start it it says sumthin along the lines of not exisiting or corrupted DXAR file... and sends me back to the psp menu... wtf ... help n e 1 ?

MikeDX
November 2nd, 2006, 14:34
Well there's no excuse now, so anybody who talks about running a "backup" of GTA can be awarded a nice shiny yellow card ;)

SpooForBrains
November 2nd, 2006, 14:56
:D yeh im with vega im gna do it ! when i start it it says sumthin along the lines of not exisiting or corrupted DXAR file... and sends me back to the psp menu... wtf ... help n e 1 ?

Jimmi, the SE installer doesn't include firmware 1.5 or 2.7. You have to download both packages, then run the DXAR builder on a 1.5 firmware. Which means you first need to downgrade. Then you use that DXAR with the updater, and you're golden.

I followed this guide: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/407535

jimmi
November 2nd, 2006, 15:03
thanks spoo ... il follow that:D hey vega hows yours goin ?

needo
November 2nd, 2006, 15:11
You can also use the installers linked in another thread. It will take you from 1.5 to 2.71 SE-B'' (B2). Then you can upgrade to B3 quite easily.

tylerjosh
November 2nd, 2006, 15:15
works fine updated from 2.71' to this new version works a treat now to sell the game as its aint my type :)

Veskgar
November 2nd, 2006, 15:40
why would you want to go back to UMD playing after experiencing the performance enhancing effect of 'backing up' your UMD?
Yeah, I religiously back up all my UMD's and archive them. Its just become a habit. There are more than a few benefits in being able to play games off the memory stick. Although this game is so large that it is not really worth taking up 1GB of memory stick space on so its good that you can now play the UMD.

This is Evolution at its finest. Dark_AleX is amazing. I remember having to use MPH Firmware Launcher to get partial 2.00 firmware support. A lot has changed since then. And an a very fast rate of speed.

I'm still not ready to give up my pure 1.50 but I love watching this evolve. This is good stuff for sure.

Vega
November 2nd, 2006, 15:42
hehe... Im done! Goodbye 1.5 , hello 2.71 SE B'' !!

And man.. its pretty impressive!

Damn it I cant believe my 1.5 firmware is gone.. so many memories.... aww.

Anyway... Jimmi.. PM me if you run into any troubles.

EDIT : As a total 1.5 fanboy . . . I can honestly say.. there is no reason why you shouldn't upgrade to 2.71 SE B . . . I've tried all my favourite homebrew very quickly and everything works like a charm.

Veskgar
November 2nd, 2006, 15:45
hehe... Im done! Goodbye 1.5 , hello 2.71 SE B'' !!
Vega, once you play around with it some, let me know if its worth it. Do Emulators like gpSP & SnesTYL 0.4.2. ME that use Kernel & ME (Media Engine) still work as good as they do on 1.50?

If they didnt, do you really think people would be singing 2.71SE's praises?

just upgrade, stop being a slacker!
Point well taken. I'm just a big subscriber to the "If its not broke, don't fix it mentality" and I've read a lot of people getting errors and problems with previous versions of SE-B.

My biggest concern is some of my favorite Emulators that use Kernel & ME not working correctly with SE-B''.

Also, what are SE-B'' users going to do when/if a DevHook capable of emulating 3.00 firmware is made public? 2.71 SE-B'' cannot use DevHook can it?

MikeDX
November 2nd, 2006, 15:49
If they didnt, do you really think people would be singing 2.71SE's praises?

just upgrade, stop being a slacker!

Vega
November 2nd, 2006, 16:03
I had to do a little tweaking but yes.. devhook works with SE-B . Im sure I didnt have to do as much ****ing around as what I did... but yes.. I managed to get devhook to work fine.
Basically you get a 1.50Game folder which you can put your 1.50 eboots into.. meaning devhook will work as if your loading it on a 1.5 PSP. Im sure this is all old news to a pro like MikeDX... but Im just finding the wonders of this little beaut now.

gPSP was the first emu I tested . . . . It runs exactly the same

BL4Z3D247
November 2nd, 2006, 16:15
I had to do a little tweaking but yes.. devhook works with SE-B . Im sure I didnt have to do as much ****ing around as what I did... but yes.. I managed to get devhook to work fine.
Basically you get a 1.50Game folder which you can put your 1.50 eboots into.. meaning devhook will work as if your loading it on a 1.5 PSP. Im sure this is all old news to a pro like MikeDX... but Im just finding the wonders of this little beaut now.

or u can go into recovery mode via holding R trig. while booting and go to configuration and change the Game folder homebrew(currently 2.71 kernel) to currently 1.5 kernel(which makes the GAME folder where all the 1.5 homebrew goes so it's like it always was for 1.5 :)

Also, what are SE-B'' users going to do when/if a DevHook capable of emulating 3.00 firmware is made public? 2.71 SE-B'' cannot use DevHook can it?
2.71SE-B" can use both devhook(for 1.5) and reverse devhook(for 2.71), so why wouldn't we beable to use devhook(emulating 3.0) if and when it comes out

Vega
November 2nd, 2006, 16:17
Heh... sweet. I browsed the read me very quickly... too much excitement + I was touching cloth . I missed that part! I'll do that now . . . makes more sense . :D

EDIT : So the main purpose for the change is for automatic installers then?

Cloudhunter
November 2nd, 2006, 16:32

Another thing some people aren't aware of, is that you can use the GAME folder instead of the GAME150 folder for 1.50 homebrew. Just go into configuration in recovery mode, and it allows you to change it over :) So that way you can have 2.71 homebrew in the GAME271 folder... I find that easier for installing homebrew :)

Cloudy

Edit: Damn you BL8Z3D247 for beating me to it :p

Vega
November 2nd, 2006, 16:35
Another thing some people aren't aware of, is that you can use the GAME folder instead of the GAME150 folder for 1.50 homebrew. Just go into configuration in recovery mode, and it allows you to change it over :) So that way you can have 2.71 homebrew in the GAME271 folder... I find that easier for installing homebrew :)

Cloudy

lol yeah BLAZED just informed me of that :D :D Thanks for the info all the same tho.. Im gonna have a right mess around with this.

It seems that the Web Browser is also a little better too than emulating 2.71 with devhook. Before I would get a little lag when connecting to the net (when the connection menus would transition between eachother). A small detail but noticable :D

LazerTag
November 2nd, 2006, 16:40
Upgraded here last week. Slicker then poop through a goose. ;)

scarph
November 2nd, 2006, 18:12
hah in the thread where it says gta is playable on dh

i said
and quote
dax is gonna make a new 2.71 se to support this

imagine my surprise

kando
November 2nd, 2006, 18:25
thanks to this update, the new marvel alliance game works great without any devhook or anything....yes, just from the straight UMD!

Shrygue
November 2nd, 2006, 18:54
New update for 2.71 SE-B? I'm getting this right now!

Rocksil
November 2nd, 2006, 19:05
This is SO sweet Thanks Dark_Alex

fistikuffs
November 2nd, 2006, 19:25
This custom firmware is amazing i have never looked back since upgraded. Has anyone tried this latest update yet? Does it work ok? If so I'm heading out to buy gta vcs right away:)

@vega: congrats man for taking the plunge i bet you won't regret it:D

Rocksil
November 2nd, 2006, 19:30
im getting gta vsc 2moro sweet:D:D:D:D:D:D

pkmusicmaker
November 2nd, 2006, 19:59
Dark AleX is the reason I still use my PSP.

needo
November 2nd, 2006, 20:01
So tomorrow when I get my 1.5 PSP I can use the 2.71 SE-B'' "Windows" installer. Flash to SE-B then SE-B' and finally the last updater SE-B'''.

Is this a correct upgrade path? Im taking a huge leap and praying for no brick. :)

MikeDX
November 2nd, 2006, 20:09
I think once you get to 2.71SE it's safe-ish due to recovery mode

01cooperl
November 2nd, 2006, 20:31
Ok, Let me get this straight.

I have I 1.5 psp with devhook and customfirmware that enables me to emulate 2.71 via the mem stick.

Are you saying there is no point in this anymore is this "2.71 SE-B" is 2.71 but tweaked to have all of 1.5's strengths?

And if its better to change to this, how do it uninstall all that i have on it now?

mib_
November 2nd, 2006, 20:45
What's the upgrade path? I have 2.71seB, do I have to install the 2.71seB' update first, or will this upgrade from 2.71seB -> 2.71seB'' :confused:

Rocksil
November 2nd, 2006, 20:51
it better to upgrade to 2.71 seb' then to 271 seb'' and the update is very quick

01cooperl
November 2nd, 2006, 20:58

I have I 1.5 psp with devhook and customfirmware that enables me to emulate 2.71 via the mem stick.

Are you saying there is no point in this anymore is this "2.71 SE-B" is 2.71 but tweaked to have all of 1.5's strengths?

And if its better to change to this, how do it uninstall all that i have on it now?

mib_
November 2nd, 2006, 21:40
What's systemctrl_dh4se.prx for?

I've installed it into ms0:\dh\kd\

Which version of devhook is this intended for? (I'm running 0.46) Everything seems to be working fine...

LilSwish722
November 2nd, 2006, 21:48
Does 2.71 SE-B work on TA-082 MOBOs?

Nookadum
November 2nd, 2006, 21:50
@LilSwish722

Nope... :( 2.71 SE-B'' only works on non-TA-082s because it requires certain files from the 1.5 update.

kando
November 2nd, 2006, 21:59

yes....its 2.71 with all the homebrew compatibility of 1.50, as well as other great features....check out http://dax.lan.st for all the updates....get 2.71 SE-A first, read the readme how to get that installed on ur psp.

then the updates go quick. 2.71 SE-B, 2.71 SE-B', and 2.71 SE-B'' one after another.

the updates take about 2 seconds.

cheers!

SweetFA
November 2nd, 2006, 22:18
You don't need to install 2.71 SE-A first, i never did.
Straight from 1.5 to 2.71 SE-B works fine.

mib_
November 2nd, 2006, 22:55
What's systemctrl_dh4se.prx for?

I've installed it into ms0:\dh\kd\

Which version of devhook is this intended for? (I'm running 0.46) Everything seems to be working fine...

To answer my own question: systemctrl_dh4se.prx is an updated module if you're using Devhook for fw2.71.

I'm using Devhook0.46 for fw1.5, so this isn't needed.

Accordion
November 2nd, 2006, 23:29
well i updated...and...woo hoo, its bloody good!!!

01cooperl
November 3rd, 2006, 16:33
Ok, now i'm confused. I uninstalled devhook and the custom firmware module and installed 2.71 se-b. But do you now need to install devhook for this update to work? I put these update files in the right places on my psp but it doesn't let me play VCS.

Can anybody tell me where i need to go next in order to get my psp to play VCS?

EDIT: Ok, I now have updated it to version 2 of 2.71se-b but when try and update it to version 3; i put the dh folder and EBOOT.php into GAME150 its not there. and when i go into usb mode the folder has disappeared in GAME150.

What am I doing wrong??

tuta
November 3rd, 2006, 16:52
EDIT: Ok, I now have updated it to version 2 of 2.71se-b but when try and update it to version 3; i put the dh folder and EBOOT.php into GAME150 its not there. and when i go into usb mode the folder has disappeared in GAME150.

What am I doing wrong??

u cant put dh and eboot folder in side game150 if u can update se-b to seb2 I dun see why u cant update...
Maybe u enabled game as the 1.5 kernel so update eboot shud game in game folder if thats the case in recovery men

01cooperl
November 3rd, 2006, 17:22
nah, its worked now...

For some reason the game list wouldn't update to actually what is on the mem stick.

All ok now!! w00t!

Hellraiser2006
November 3rd, 2006, 17:27
Hi

I am new to this scene, I have a psp 1.5, got some games but a mate has set it up for me, would like an idiots guide to be able to play VCS if possible

Anybody help???

kando
November 3rd, 2006, 17:37
Hi

I am new to this scene, I have a psp 1.5, got some games but a mate has set it up for me, would like an idiots guide to be able to play VCS if possible

Anybody help???

update to 2.71 SE-A, then update to 2.71 SE-B, then update to 2.71 SE-B', then update to 2.71 SE-B'', then put GTA: VCS in your umd drive and play it like you would play any other game :)

all updates can be found at http://dax.lan.st

read the readme. dont cry if you dont read it and then you brick it.

even better, have your mate do it for u:)

bullhead
November 3rd, 2006, 18:12
I just bought it today, It worked for me. I was afraid it wouldnt work on the UK version for some reason.

kando
November 3rd, 2006, 18:15
so far all 2.80+ games wrok on 2.71 SE-B''

including marvel heroes or whatever that new game is :)

Vega
November 3rd, 2006, 18:27
Yep... Marvel Ultimate Alliance.. Vice City Stories and Medal of Honor work fine with SE B . ****ing amazing.
Im glad I upgraded to SE B , there really was no point staying at 1.5 apart from looking in the System Information on PSP and seeing "Firmware : 1.50" .

As someone who just upgraded.. I highly recommend this.

kando
November 3rd, 2006, 19:13
^^^ of course he means SE-B'' not SE-B :)

Vega
November 3rd, 2006, 19:28
^^^ of course he means SE-B'' not SE-B :)

Actually... No... I needed to Upgrade to SE-B before SE-B'' :)

kando
November 3rd, 2006, 19:50
yea but SE-B wont play any of the 2.80+ games =p

and u need to upgrade to SE-B and THEN SE-B' before you go to SE-B''

=p

Vega
November 3rd, 2006, 19:58
lol..... k

frugihoyi
November 3rd, 2006, 21:32
Is anyone else having a problem with bookmarks? After I installed this, my PSP wouldn't save bookmarks anymore. So I created the PSP -> SYSTEM -> BROWSER folders in my PSP. Now the problem is that after I save a bookmark and then go to enter in a new URL, when I go back to view my bookmarks, they're mysteriously gone!

FOL
November 3rd, 2006, 23:22
Have you tried formatting your MS?

BL4Z3D247
November 4th, 2006, 00:01
or use uberone's easy corruption fixer, that should clear ur problem up

frugihoyi
November 4th, 2006, 04:18
Have you tried formatting your MS?

Good idea, that did it. Don't know why I didn't think of that. Thank you, my good sir.

hairypeanut
November 4th, 2006, 22:45
Hi
I have recently upgraded to SE-b' all worked fine iso's
ect. I have tried to upgrade to SE-b" but when I launch
the updater it enters the psp white screen then after
5 seconds switches off, when I start it up nothing has happened.
I have switched between 1.5 kernel & 2.71, moved the EBOOT to a different folder.

Any ideas?

Hellraiser2006
November 6th, 2006, 21:31
Will I still be able to play my iso's, that I have on my memory stick????

Also downloaded the 4 2.71s, formatted my memory stick, what do I do next????

Shrygue
November 6th, 2006, 21:36
To Hairypeanut and Hellraiser2006: please don't discuss about ISOs because it's not allowed on the forums. I'm sure you both don't want to get banned after just a few posts, okay?

kando
November 6th, 2006, 21:55
hairy peanut: if all else fails, use recovery mode to reinstall 1.50, go back to 2.71 se-a, and do the whole cycle again.

Apoklepz
November 9th, 2006, 04:35
Hey guys, my friend kind of half bricked his SE-B" today trying to remove the PSP text on the gameboot with Xflash...now he can't get past the XMB, but he still has recovery. What would be the most effective thing he could do to get his PSP working again?...I've thought of simply placing the SE-B" update Eboot.pbp inside the GAME/Recovery folder and renaming it UPDATE.PBP, so this way it'll restore his current firmware's original settings....but I wanted to confirm if this is the right thing to do.

thanks....he's really bitting it right now, after seeing what I went through a while ago with my half brick....but I'm trying to tell him it's fine.lol

NEVERMIND...PROBLEM FIXED...HE'S HAPPY AGAIN.lol

Hellraiser2006
November 9th, 2006, 21:39
Sorry about that, getting used to forum rules.:eek:

danz007
November 9th, 2006, 22:17
it would of been great if someone made a custom firmware for 2.81

SweetFA
November 10th, 2006, 18:22
Does anyone know if Pro Evo 6 works with this firmware? I want to buy it but i don't want to have to make a choice between the game and my homebrew.

pob-pnuk
November 11th, 2006, 12:16
i cant get my nfs iso working please help

juggaleaux
November 11th, 2006, 12:39
none of that talk allowed here. :)

r00t
November 13th, 2006, 14:42
Can I download this and run it as it is? or do I need other bits?

Cloudhunter
November 13th, 2006, 15:04
Can I download this and run it as it is? or do I need other bits?
You need other bits, but they are all listed. there is a good tutorial here: 25 steps to fw 2.71 SE-B" (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=42251)

As for the "Will my game work" question, all games should work on it. If you have any problems, disable the "load plain modules" option, I've heard it works for at least Socom 2.

If something doesn't work, you can still use Devhook :)

Cloudhunter

tophead420
November 15th, 2006, 12:39
im just wondering if anyone else is having a prob with USB mode every time i put something on my psp and say i have 20 mbs free on my mem stick then i put a 5mb file on it giving me 15mb then say i don't want the 5mb file so i take it off then i look on the XMB and it still says i have 15mb is this just a problem im having or are others getting this to please can anyone help me out im kinda new to 2.71SE-B i just upgraded to try it out and i love it lol but please someone help me