PDA

View Full Version : VMI File Writer 0.3

DCEmu_Newsposter
May 27th, 2004, 07:21
News From Fackue:[br][br]VMI File Writer 0.3 has been released.[br][br]What's new?[br]- In the options menu, you can enable/disable the ability to check if the VMI and the corresponding VMS file is in the same folder. This is saved so next time you load VMI File Writer, your settings are still there.[br][br]Download from Here (http://www.consolevision.com/members/fackue/)

speud
May 27th, 2004, 15:01
well, thats good, but i think that was not the most important feature to implement.
i really think the 2 separate fields for VMI/VMS, and the ability to load filesize and resource from a VMS without overwriting the other fields would have been more useful, at least for me.

jvgfanatic
January 11th, 2005, 21:44
Apologies for my noobishness but I've got a reason to host some VMU files at my site (about 90 of them or so). They are Japanese but I'm trying to get some US ones up first just to test them out.

I've contacted my ISP and have put an .htaccess file in my root directory with the correct directives for vmi/vms file types.

I've used this lovely tool to build VMI files for a simple, small test file (a codebreaker cheats file).

I've put the renamed vms file (it was longer than 8 characters) and the VMI file (that points to the renamed file correctly, in the same directory) up on the web and I browse to the page with the link to the VMI file.

When I click the link the DC responds with:

"Failed to download the VMS File"

How informative...I really could use some pointers as to what I'm doing wrong. I know there are many paths which are potentially problem causing here but I suppose I could use any drops of wisdom you experts could spare.

This seems such a simple task! Sigh!

(ps. Once I get over the hurdle of sharing this US save are there any potential problems I will have with the Japanese saves? They are all for ONE game actually: Daisenryaku 2001, thanks).

Oh, and if it helps, the URL where I have my test links is at www.jvgfanatic.com/dctest/

I have to rename most files that I get from the DC (I'm getting them to my computer as mail attachments) to have less than 8 characters in their titles. Will this affect anything adversely?
Cheers.

jvgfanatic
January 12th, 2005, 10:02
Using a web based VMI generator it appears to work. Damnit the reason I'm doing this is to get away from dependencies on third parties for these files...

jvgfanatic
January 12th, 2005, 11:17
At my wits end. There is no adequate documentation on the file format for DCI files. The FAQ at RAMTronics is almost useless (it's helpful in some regards but has gaping holes). I've gotten this to work with ONE small file. I'm trying the VMI creator at

http://virtuamunstaz.de/vmi.jsp

Does nobody know how to do this reliably?

Mental2k
January 17th, 2005, 16:10
this is a handy app

fackue
February 10th, 2005, 05:20
fackue here.

I think I might have a look at VMI File Writer. I heard it's been giving people problems. I need to get Visual Basic back on here...